• Advertisement

Hobart Tour - FEATURE

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

Hobart Tour - FEATURE

Postby Tas Bus Nut » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 am

After an enjoyable, relaxing BBQ lunch, I (tas bus nut) disappeared to change buses. Participants assumed I was returning to Metro to pick up Bus #144, the Scania that the tour was organised around. HOW WRONG THEY WERE. Taking me a little longer than I expected, I had in fact headed to the Tasmanian Transport Museum to pick-up their preserved LEYLAND NATIONAL. The fact I was taking a little longer than anticipated, didn't bother fellow enthusiasts when I finally turned into Tolosa Park. Apparently the reaction was that of disbelief and EXCITEMENT!!! The "highlight" of the tour had arrived!!!
Photos were in abundance as the Leyland was parked to blend in with the surrounds and the mountain in the background. It also provided a fantastic backdrop to our GROUP picture (which I encourage other participants to download and print for themselves). Ivan Jones (stan butler) looked fantastic in his OLD MTT drivers uniform. After photos @ Tolosa Park, we all boarded the Leyland and headed to the TTM via the Glenorchy Bus Mall for another photo opportunity (hopefully someone got a pic with the current Metro bus) From my point of view, it was quite funny seeing a large group of grown men excitedly hopping out of the bus to photograph it (pic attached). From there it was onto the TTM where participants engaged in riding the old suburban trains from yesteryear, viewing other trains/locos, trolleybuses, trams and the ex TAA AEC(unfortunately broken down, so couldn't be moved outside). An enjoyable 1 - 1 1/2hr continued.
P1170725.JPG
P1170729.JPG
P1170723.JPG
P1170722.JPG
P1170724.JPG
P1170730.JPG
P1170726.JPG
P1170731.JPG
P1170732.JPG
P1170733.JPG
Tas Bus Nut

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Hobart Tour - FEATURE

Postby metro_tas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:34 pm

That was the best neil, you did keep it quiet I didnt even know pfft :D
metro_tas

Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

Postby DarrenH » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:41 pm

The number plate on the inside of the windscreen of this Leyland National looks awfully like a NSW number plate when in fact it is a number plate from Tasmania. That would be the first time I have ever seen a number plate that colour from Tasmania like that before.
DarrenH

Postby metro_tas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Trade Plate mate
metro_tas

Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

• Advertisement

Return to Photos - Hobart/Tas