Recent Pics (Up to 27/12/16)

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Recent Pics (Up to 27/12/16)

Post by Off The Rails »

And to bring the battery trolley out, to try and kickstart the photo's from WA. Just as impossible as it is for 3002 to run for a week :lol: :lol:
TP1430 (Mercedes Benz OC500LE CNG/Volgren CR228L) at the 38 Cloverdale Terminus
TP1430 (Mercedes Benz OC500LE CNG/Volgren CR228L) at the 38 Cloverdale Terminus
TP1391 (Mercedes Benz OC500LE CNG/Volgren CR228L) also at the 38 Cloverdale Terminus
TP1391 (Mercedes Benz OC500LE CNG/Volgren CR228L) also at the 38 Cloverdale Terminus
TP2364 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) at Curtin University Bus Station prior to a 30 to the city.
TP2364 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) at Curtin University Bus Station prior to a 30 to the city.
TP2373 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) also at Curtin University Bus Station, after running a 960.
TP2373 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) also at Curtin University Bus Station, after running a 960.
TP2326 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) is turning onto Archer St while on a 907 to Perth.
TP2326 (Volvo B7RLE/Volgren Optimus) is turning onto Archer St while on a 907 to Perth.
TP3052 (Volvo B8RLEA/Volgren Optimus) is approaching the turn into Armadale Station while on a 907 from Perth.
TP3052 (Volvo B8RLEA/Volgren Optimus) is approaching the turn into Armadale Station while on a 907 from Perth.
A rarity to find these, UQB726 (Renault PR180.2/J.W.Bolton) is seen after arriving on it's only afternoon trip, at Kelmscott Station.
A rarity to find these, UQB726 (Renault PR180.2/J.W.Bolton) is seen after arriving on it's only afternoon trip, at Kelmscott Station.
And, just to add this, a MAZ artic operating in UlaanBaatar, Mongolia.
And, just to add this, a MAZ artic operating in UlaanBaatar, Mongolia.
Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Re: Recent Pics (Up to 27/12/16)

Post by Hawkeye »

Mmmmmmm, all of those buses... I'm sure you can pick my favourite's out of them (if not, refer to my signature :P)!

Interesting bus in the last shot, certainly not something that you would see every day of the week here :mrgreen:
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

A nice selection of shots there, Off The Rails. Very different to see a fleet of mostly Volgren, as opposed to mostly Customs here in Adelaide.

Are there still CR225L and CR226L buses in Perth? The only photos I seem to see of Perth's buses these days are the CR228L and Optimus buses, and the few oddball Customs Scania and Iveco buses.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
sylar

Post by sylar »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:A nice selection of shots there, Off The Rails. Very different to see a fleet of mostly Volgren, as opposed to mostly Customs here in Adelaide.

Are there still CR225L and CR226L buses in Perth? The only photos I seem to see of Perth's buses these days are the CR228L and Optimus buses, and the few oddball Customs Scania and Iveco buses.
Yes all the Transperth O405NH Diesel and CNG models have the CR225L body with the exception of five O405NH Diesel's which have the CR226L body that are running out the Mandurah Depot currently. The O405NH's are still in use and their numbers will being to decrease due to retirement from service as of 2017.
Merc & Renault Bus_1

Post by Merc & Renault Bus_1 »

sylar wrote:
Lt. Commander Data wrote:A nice selection of shots there, Off The Rails. Very different to see a fleet of mostly Volgren, as opposed to mostly Customs here in Adelaide.

Yes all the Transperth O405NH Diesel and CNG models have the CR225L body with the exception of five O405NH Diesel's which have the CR226L body that are running out the Mandurah Depot currently. The O405NH's are still in use and their numbers will being to decrease due to retirement from service as of 2017.
To add to what Sylar said, 1772-1776 out of the NH CNGs have already been withdrawn, and 1302 is no longer registered (I'm unsure if it's preserved or getting auctioned off).
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Are there a lot of the O405NH units down south? (ie based out of Canning Vale, Mandurah or Beckenham)

There were quite a few of them out and about I was there a few months back during the Mandurah line suspension between Cockburn Central and Rockingham.

Thanks,
Mitch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Mitch wrote:Are there a lot of the O405NH units down south? (ie based out of Canning Vale, Mandurah or Beckenham)

There were quite a few of them out and about I was there a few months back during the Mandurah line suspension between Cockburn Central and Rockingham.
Thanks,
There is zero O405NH buses in Canning Contract. However, there were batches of Diesel o405nh buses in Mandurah as well as one from Gosnells (1303).
sylar

Post by sylar »

Mitch wrote:Are there a lot of the O405NH units down south? (ie based out of Canning Vale, Mandurah or Beckenham)

Thanks,

The majority of the O405NH diesel fleet is based at (from southern to northern) Mandurah, North Fremantle, Shenton Park, Kalamunda, Bayswater, Malaga, Wangara, Beenyup and Joondalup.
There are diesel units in minor numbers scattered across other metro depots and also in regional depots. The O405NH CNG fleet are at Palmyra and Malaga only.

Canning Vale and Beckenham are all Volvo units now days.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Thanks,

sylar wrote:Mandurah, North Fremantle, Shenton Park, Kalamunda, Bayswater, Malaga, Wangara, Beenyup and Joondalup.
This about "hits the nail on the head," so to speak. Also note there is a lone unit at Beckenham, 1303, in-service whilst the OC500LE's undergo their refurbishment.

Additionally, Fremantle have several NH diesels (Midis, I think) in use for their CAT services, plus 1210, which isn't in CAT livery but seems to be used in this role predominantly.

The CNG NH's are very easy to find as a rule around the Palmyra & Malaga contracts. The former units (1797-1819) are naturally-aspirated, with most having received a Westport CNG injection system to replace the OE setup (a Carby, more or less). Several examples still retain their OE setup.

The units at Malaga are fitted with a Transcom NGVS and turbo-charger, the system was originally lean-burn (and supposedly Euro 3, IIRC). Due to performance issues, they now run a richer mixture, but still aren't zippy. This different setup produces a profoundly different engine note: where the N/A units at Palmyra have a deep bass rumble to them, these turbo-charged units still produce some bass, but with more of a "whirr" noise (plus the turbo whine and associated blow-off noises). Engine fans are permanently locked on these, it seems.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

sylar wrote:

Thanks,

The majority of the O405NH diesel fleet is based at (from southern to northern) Mandurah, North Fremantle, Shenton Park, Kalamunda, Bayswater, Malaga, Wangara, Beenyup and Joondalup.
There are diesel units in minor numbers scattered across other metro depots and also in regional depots. The O405NH CNG fleet are at Palmyra and Malaga only.

Canning Vale and Beckenham are all Volvo units now days.
They also have a few batches of O405NH at Karrinyup.
sylar

Post by sylar »

Shoudy Chen wrote:
They also have a few batches of O405NH at Karrinyup.

Negative, Karrinyup dosnt have any NH's left as they have all been transferred out.

Return to “Photos - Perth/WA”