Bus photos info

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Warren123

Bus photos info

Post by Warren123 »

I was going through my Grandfathers old photos (Bridgland Bus) this is one of the many, not sure if this was one of his early busses. it has E19 REO looks like it was sold by Suttons Motors
I will be going through the photos and looking for more photos of the busses and the gararge at Marion
Warren
Attachments
Scan_20170418_113032.jpg
Scan_20170418_113032.jpg (97.32 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Re: Bus photos info

Post by system improver »

Hi Warren
This bus has a body built by Motor Body Assemblers (MBA) of Camperdown in Sydney. I doubt that Bridglands operated it. I think the photo was distributed around Australia to indicate the type of body that MBA could build. It was an interesting bus in two respects. First, it was an unusual MBA design - largely mimicking the Ansair design of the time. Second, it's on a Reo chassis. MBA was owned by White Trucks and a large proportion of their bodies were built on White chassis, but they did build on other chassis.

I am sure we would all love to see any other photos that you have of Bridgland buses. I presume your grandfather was Arthur Bridgland.

Here is a link to a post I made 8 years ago which featured some pictures that I have:

http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... ds#p451729
GM

Re: Bus photos info

Post by GM »

I think that photo was used in an advertisement in Truck and Bus Transportation? GM

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”