Just a little for your enjoyment

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Just a little for your enjoyment

Post by Hawkeye »

Hey all, here are some more pictures for you all to enjoy. Hope everyone stayed cool today, we reached a top of 41 degrees in the city :|

Anyhow - today we have a handful of the commonly seen CB80's, a couple MAN gassies, a bus from the hills and a few others. I won't say much this time but yeah, please do enjoy! :mrgreen:

Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: Just a little for your enjoyment

Post by Merc1107 »

Cheers once again for the photos. A good selection of different vehicles.
As was suggested to me, do try to capture the buildings and street-scape of the locality you are shooting in. It'll give us young gunzels more to think about when we put "rose tinted glasses" on in 30 years time :D
This photography technique is certainly easier said than done. It can be hard being in the right place, at the right time. Shooting at nice termini is often easiest for catching rapidly-disappearing types.

Interesting to see an "Iveco" on the streets. We have one in Perth, a CNG-powered Citelis 18 GNC. Its quite slow, and has been plagued with reliability issues (some related to the RH drive conversion). As a one-off, though, its interesting.

Its also nice to see your Scanias in Adelaide are actually working! The four up in Darwin don't seem to get out often (and when they do, only one is being used). Today 121 appeared on the tracking, so I went out to photograph it at Palmerston Interchange (See how I just *completely* contradicted myself?).
I've not seen 121 in service the whole time I've been here, along with stablemates 122 and 116. At least the back fence of the depot in Stuart Park is accessible for the "sneaky gunzel." :mrgreen:
Last edited by Merc1107 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

They are good points raised, Merc1107. It is nice to have buildings in the background, especially old, historic ones. Sometimes I think it is also nice to have just the bus in the frame, with no, or very little background visible. We are bus enthusiasts after all :P

An issue I find when getting buses and buildings is that the bus is no long the main focus of the shot, especially when you try and fit the whole building in.

We have a number of Ivecos, all originally destined for Sydney but they never ended up goin.

I'm not sure whether you can consider our Scanias as "working" (or "nice" to see "working"). Our one and only L94/CR2224L artic isn't the most reliable thing on the earth, especially when compared to its 12 and 14 metre counterparts. I must get a proper recording of our worst* Scania in case it is fixed and send it to you, so you get why there are so many complaints about them.

*not officially, almost certainly others will have different ideas about the worst in Adelaide. For me, it's 3231 though.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
I'm not sure whether you can consider our Scanias as "working" (or "nice" to see "working"). Our one and only L94/CR2224L artic isn't the most reliable thing on the earth, especially when compared to its 12 and 14 metre counterparts. I must get a proper recording of our worst* Scania in case it is fixed and send it to you, so you get why there are so many complaints about them.

*not officially, almost certainly others will have different ideas about the worst in Adelaide. For me, it's 3231 though.

I've been on ones that were far more distinctive than Fanny. 2558 on the 1st of January 2014, and 2545 on a 225 in July 2014. 2549 was pretty bad in June 2015 too.

However, the most obvious example of a vehicle being in shocking mechanical condition I've seen was 1512 in mid 2015 at V2 Currie St, as mentioned several times.
Hawkeye
Favourite Vehicle: Any well designed bus!

Post by Hawkeye »

Thanks for those pointers Merc1107, I have to agree with you on the points you made above.. :P

Sometimes I find that getting little background is 'bad' with bus pictures (we are bus enthusiasts after all, like Data said ;)), while in other times it's good to get some background. Whether it be some nice trees, hills, buildings (historic or modern), sometimes they make a nice addition to your picture. But I agree, sometimes that can take away the main focus point (the bus of course ahaha). Thanks for the feedback though and glad you're enjoying them!
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

I think your suspension's auto-levelling valve should be overhauled.
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”