Old Adelaide Street Directory

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Old Adelaide Street Directory

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

At the request of another user, I am posting a few pages of my 1967 Fuller's Street Directory. Those pages do happen to be of the Adelaide Hills.

Feel free to download these photos for private use, I understand that you may need to zoom to see the roads properly. If you want to use these photos for anything else, please ask before using them. I don't have a problem with it, I'd just like to know what my photos are being used for.

If you want a particular area posted, just ask below. I also have a 1978 Fuller's and a 1982-3 Gregory's, parts of which I am willing to post on request.

My 1967 and 1982-3 Street Directories were purchased from an antique store in the Barossa. My 1978 Directory is from one of the antique stores in Strathalbyn.

If anyone else here has any old Street Directories and wishes to post some pages of them, feel free to do so in this thread.
The front cover of my 1967 Fuller's Street Directory.
The front cover of my 1967 Fuller's Street Directory.
The individual maps available in this edition.
The individual maps available in this edition.
The inside cover.
The inside cover.
The legend. Note that the MTT and Private operator bus routes are shown. I think that by 1967 all of the tram routes had been removed.
The legend. Note that the MTT and Private operator bus routes are shown. I think that by 1967 all of the tram routes had been removed.
The front cover of my 1978 Fuller's Street Directory. It's pretty battered, and was that way when I bought it.
The front cover of my 1978 Fuller's Street Directory. It's pretty battered, and was that way when I bought it.
The front cover of my 1982-3 Gregory's Street Directory. Apologies about the poor lighting in this photo, due to the front being glossy I couldn't use the flash on my camera.
The front cover of my 1982-3 Gregory's Street Directory. Apologies about the poor lighting in this photo, due to the front being glossy I couldn't use the flash on my camera.
Last edited by Lt. Commander Data on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Lt. Commander Data

Re: Old Adelaide Street Directory

Here are the Adelaide Hills in 1967. I've included the Upper Sturt and Blackwood/Belair pages as well.
Page 24. Blackwood, Belair and Hawthorndene.
Page 24. Blackwood, Belair and Hawthorndene.
Page 25. Glen Osmond to Eagle on the Hill. Also includes the eastern suburbs such as Beaumont and Burnside.
Page 25. Glen Osmond to Eagle on the Hill. Also includes the eastern suburbs such as Beaumont and Burnside.
Page 26. Crafers to Bridgewater, before the construction of the South Eastern Freeway.
Page 26. Crafers to Bridgewater, before the construction of the South Eastern Freeway.
Lt. Commander Data

Here are pages 6 & 7. They cover the area north of Regency Rd and south of Grand Junction Rd (sort of). North of these is not shown in the 1967 Directory.
Page 6. Port Rd/Torrens Rd area.
Page 6. Port Rd/Torrens Rd area.
Page 7. You can see the MTT bus route still roughly following the current 254, before Arndale S/C was built.
Page 7. You can see the MTT bus route still roughly following the current 254, before Arndale S/C was built.
kzmbj0

Post by kzmbj0 »

Hi Lt. Commander Data,

I am chuffed you posted those old Adelaide Hills Street Directory pics. I was looking for exactly that - just for my own interest. I have been keeping an eye out for old street directories from late 1960s.

Unfortunately the picture i am most interested in right now, the 1967 picture of Crafers to Bridgewater (page 26), is not high enough resolution for me to read any of the road names. Is there any chance you could take another picture so that it can be zoomed in and read? The other hills ones would be great as well, but the one in particular would be awesome.

Thanks!

Return to “Photos - Adelaide/SA”