New Hornibrook bus depot

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Hornibrook

New Hornibrook bus depot

Post by Hornibrook »

Was out again today, taking the last shots of a bus in the Brendale depot located along South Pine Road. The depot is being relocated to 55 Lawnton Pocket Road, Lawnton (further north past Westfield). Here are some shots from today - will try for a better picture of 543. Some HTM drivers are still have trouble with the Alcatel destos.

Brendale depot with The Wiz bus 12 and Volvo B10M butterboxes 216, 214, 213, 211, 212, 217 and 218.
208 and 209 have been sent to BT and are no longer leased. :(
Brendale.jpg
Lineup of Volvo B10M butterboxes.
Lineup.jpg
The new depot at Lawnton. Can hold 32 buses at the moment, but eventually 78. :wink:
Lawnton.jpg
215 was taken inside the Lawnton depot. First bus to be moved :wink:
215.jpg
Cheers.
PAQ12

Re: New Hornibrook bus depot

Post by PAQ12 »

Thanks for posting the pics Nick.

Interesting to see bus 215 making headlines again... At least this time for the better than the unfortunate headlines it recieved in the early 90's.

If it wasn't for the fact I had a shift starting at 430pm Saturday and finishing 6am Sunday morning, I would've joined you to take pics...
For all your printing needs, think Print Arana - visit www.printarana.com.au or phone 1300 866 593

Formally Known as "BT Buses"
scania1994

Post by scania1994 »

i will have to go down and see the new lawnton depot sometime. Do you know why the depot was moved?
BUZ-WAY
Favourite Vehicle: B12BLE & Prius (dream car)

Post by BUZ-WAY »

BT Buses wrote:Thanks for posting the pics Nick.

Interesting to see bus 215 making headlines again... At least this time for the better than the unfortunate headlines it recieved in the early 90's.

If it wasn't for the fact I had a shift starting at 430pm Saturday and finishing 6am Sunday morning, I would've joined you to take pics...
yes Bt Buses, I remember that day in 1990's was a street sales conductor, working further down adelaide street when this incident happened.... was called up afterwards to direct passengers to alternative stops when Street was closed after the incident .
Formerly known as TiltTrain2005
C736

Post by C736 »

They can have 208 and 209 back whenever they want!!!
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

scania1994 wrote:i will have to go down and see the new lawnton depot sometime. Do you know why the depot was moved?
Hornibrook moved from Brendale to Lawnton due to expansion I would think. I wonder if all the buses have been moved from Brendale depot yet?
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

DarrenH wrote:
scania1994 wrote:i will have to go down and see the new lawnton depot sometime. Do you know why the depot was moved?
Hornibrook moved from Brendale to Lawnton due to expansion I would think. I wonder if all the buses have been moved from Brendale depot yet?
Are you kidding me? They were ALL moved on 29/11/2008 when it opened.

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”