Steamrail Open Weekend 2018

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
krustyklo

Steamrail Open Weekend 2018

Post by krustyklo »

Over the Labour Day weekend, Steamrail held their bi-annual open day at Newport Workshops. Having kids of a suitable age who would enjoy it (and provide cover for my rail interest), I went along with the camera and here are a few snaps. An album with a much larger collection of photos can be found here if you like multiple angles of the same locos...

Can highly recommend it as a good day out. It was quite interesting how many families there were compared to gunzels - the families outnumbered the gunzels by a significant amount. My 7 year old enjoyed himself and it was a struggle to drag him away - if you get the opportunity in 2 years time it is worth a day out, especially if you have kids.

Obligatory photo of a Tait train sticking out of the workshops building.

93M inside the workshops. This carriage was purchased from a caravan park in Mooroopna to replace one of the 3 carriages badly burnt in an arson attack a few years ago. It was the best of 4 there, and apparently that wasn't saying much. It looks much better here after the work done on it.

R761 on the turntable at Newport.

T413 and Y164 resting in the sun at the other end of the turntable.

Y419, D3-639 and A2-986 awaiting their next turn of duty.

David and Goliath - shunting diesel F317 in front of express steam loco R707.

DERMPAV 58RM

K153 and A2-986 double head the goods train that was shuttling back and forth with various combinations of steam loco during the day, including a quadruple header around midday. I wonder how soon until diesel locos make up part of the performance as younger audiences get older?

An E class electric loco degrading gracefully in a row of various freight carriages and other locos.

D3-369 at the head of the goods train shuttling up and down on the day.

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”