Damien Party Bus

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Damien Party Bus

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Found this MAN Midi HOCL 11.220 Ansair Orana running around in Newcastle today that belongs to Damiens party entertainment, of course now on private plates CO74JU

Accreditation on the side below the drivers window says it comes from Greta Main.

I tried to look up the plate but couldn't find anything on it on the service NSW plate checker. Would anyone know if this is either an EX STA Sydney bus (that was withdrawn years ago in Sydney) or an EX Newcastle Transport bus? I recall someone saying back in March some of the NT MAN Midi's were due to go and I wonder if this one up above was one of the first lot to go.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Damien Party Bus

Post by Fleet Lists »

I would go for
Operator Mylon Motorways, Wodonga
Fleet Number 86
Registration 5226AO
Chassis Type MAN 11.220
Chassis No 6AB7520402MX00636
Body Manufacturer Ansair "Orana"
Body No 2775
Body Date 6.1996
Seating Codes B32D
Notes ex (3666) m/o3666 STA, Sydney, NSW.
Date Last Change 03/11/2008
and
Operator State Transit Authority - Sydney Buses
Fleet Number 3666
Registration m/o 3666
Chassis Type MAN 11.220 HOCL
Chassis No 402MX00636
Body Manufacturer Ansair "Orana"
Body No 2775
Body Date 6/96
Status Withdrawn
Seating Codes B32D
going by the 0636 at the end of the VIN
The disposal list http://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/stad ... search=MO2 shows a lot more but not the latest rego CO74JU.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:F

I tried to look up the plate but couldn't find anything on it on the service NSW plate checker. Would anyone know if this is either an EX STA Sydney bus (that was withdrawn years ago in Sydney) or an EX Newcastle Transport bus? I recall someone saying back in March some of the NT MAN Midi's were due to go and I wonder if this one up above was one of the first lot to go.
I found it on plate check, comes up as VIN ~0636, so above would be correct
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

What is the accredition number?
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

43079 for Damien's Party Entertainment Pty.Ltd.Issued on 7/5/18.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Thanks guys for the information on the bus, looks like ex m/o 3666 has been through a lot of owners.

I actually saw this MAN bus a lot earlier as I was catching a rail bus into Newcastle, it got ahead of my rail bus at Hamilton and eventually turned right onto Donald Road and went somewhere from there. After photographing the Rail replacement buses on King street, I took some photos of the Interchange LR construction work (was in a rush so not the best but got what I could get) then from there decided it'll be too much to walk back to King Street rail bus stand just to get off at Hamilton as I too wanted to take photos of the 3 HVB there that I saw earlier as my first bus was pulling into Hamilton(one of which included their Volvo B7RLE CB60 EVO II which you rarely will see in Hamilton) so I walked, I was just making my way up Maitland road corner of Beaumont street when I saw the party bus again and not wanting to miss out on an opportunity to get a photo of it (Especially since it was an old ANSAIR and a MAN that was now privately owned) I turned back a couple of meters down the footpath and positioned myself to get the photo you see above.

I have to say the AOA they have suits the bus really well
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
andrew28121990
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech CDi

Post by andrew28121990 »

This is how I think it used to look when it was owned by a company on the central coast before it was sold off.
Photo from company’s Facebook page.
Attachments
136FB57D-F491-4526-8A39-9E00C6A7DEB5.jpeg
Last edited by andrew28121990 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born And Bred Central Coastian...
LB608

Post by LB608 »

that is it
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

andrew28121990 wrote:This is how I think it used to look when it was owned by a company on the central coast before it was sold off.
Photo from company’s Facebook page.
Thanks for sharing that.
Interesting that I can see what appears to be a side destination sign but I think the front one was completely removed in that shot (the lighting makes it a bit hard to tell) The one in my photo pretty much confirms that it's not fitted with a front one anymore but if I was on the other side of the street would've been nice to see if it's still fitted with a side. Usually as we all know when buses are sold off the Desto units go but in some cases they get left in.

To be honest, I think Damien's Party Buses AOA looks a lot nicer on this MAN than the one above but that's just me.

Quick Edit: And the photo above still shows it with it's "M A N" lettering. Mine doesn't appear to show it unless the AOA does a good job at covering up.
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

updated - that little thing sure has got around!
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It's like a bus body mounted on a roller skate. It's dynamics would be 'fun' .
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”