State Transit vids

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
mubd

State Transit vids

Post by mubd »

State Transit has uploaded some interesting vids to Vimeo. There's the history of State Transit plus what appears to be a couple of vids designed for internal use (like fire extinguisher and evacuation procedure):

https://vimeo.com/statetransit
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
tonyp

Re: State Transit vids

Post by tonyp »

The history video should be on Youtube to reach a wider audience. It has some excellent movie footage and even photos that I haven't seen before. Then when I saw the names of some the usual enthusiast suspects in the credits at the end I realised why it had managed to dig so deep into the archives. Well done lads!

It was non-judgemental on the history, so I don't have any arguments with it! The images and films alone convey the huge loss of capacity and patronage with the change from trams to buses. Some excellent ferry shots and history (onya John) and some interesting film on the trolleybus among others. This deserves to be more widely seen. Funny though that the still of the video in the index shows a North and Western bus, the private operation that had the longest and toughest fight with the government operation!

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”