• Advertisement

Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)

Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Denv12 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:49 pm

It seems the topic of the NSW company has become a topic worth talking about.I worked in PMC Adelaide in 1988-89.Dion's had a few buses being built,the PMC160's.They should have a topic devoted to them and their company.So,if you have photos,etc you are welcome to post them here.Thanks.Everything to do with the family and their company please post here,that includes anything from 'Truck & Bus" magazine,etc.Please contribute.
Last edited by Denv12 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denv12
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby system improver » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Denv12 wrote:It seems the topic of the NSW company has become a topic worth talking about.I worked in PMC Adelaide in 1988-89.Dion's had a few buses being built,the PMC160's.They should have a topic devoted to them and their company.So,if you have photos,etc you are welcome to post them here.Thanks.


Now there's one book that we don't have to wait to be written. John Birchmeier wrote a history of Dion's (The Dions - bus pioneers of Wollongong) in 1997. Obtaining a copy might be bit tricky, but the Sydney Bus Museum or the ARHS shop might have one in stock. Alternatively, their website contains heaps of history:
http://www.dions.com.au/about-dions-m/history?jtpl=9
User avatar
system improver
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:38 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 439 times
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Denv12 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 pm

system improver wrote:
Denv12 wrote:It seems the topic of the NSW company has become a topic worth talking about.I worked in PMC Adelaide in 1988-89.Dion's had a few buses being built,the PMC160's.They should have a topic devoted to them and their company.So,if you have photos,etc you are welcome to post them here.Thanks.


Now there's one book that we don't have to wait to be written. John Birchmeier wrote a history of Dion's (The Dions - bus pioneers of Wollongong) in 1997. Obtaining a copy might be bit tricky, but the Sydney Bus Museum or the ARHS shop might have one in stock. Alternatively, their website contains heaps of history:
http://www.dions.com.au/about-dions-m/history?jtpl=9


In the meantime people can post whatever they want to contribute here so everyone can see it.
Denv12
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Bedford-29 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Here is a bit of Dion`s bus history for you.The B/W pictures I have obtained permission from Dion`s themselves and the colored pictures are from the Andrew Potts collection.
Attachments
Dions Bus Service OB Bedford.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE OB BEDFORD
Dions Bus Service Maple Leaf.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE MAPLE LEAF
Dions Bus Service Leyland Titan.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE LEYLAND TITAN
Dion bus service Guy Arab III.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE GUY ARAB III
Dions Bus Service 1927 Faegol Safety Coach.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE 1927 FAEGOL SAFETY COACH
Dions Bus Service 1928 Whippet.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE 1928 WHIPPET
Dions Bus Service 1938 Bedford.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE 1938 BEDFORD
Dions Bus Service 1938 REO.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE 1938 REO
Dion's bus service AEC Reliance  MO-6060.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE AEC RELIANCE MO-6060
Dion's bus service Leyland Comet MO-6109.jpg
DION`S BUS SERVICE LEYLAND COMET MO-6109
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
User avatar
Bedford-29
 
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Denv12 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Bedford-29 wrote:Here is a bit of Dion`s bus history for you.The B/W pictures I have obtained permission from Dion`s themselves and the colored pictures are from the Andrew Potts collection.


Thannk you for the brilliant collection of photos.Its always good to see some history.Thanks for sharing.
Denv12
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 162 times


Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Living in the Shire.
User avatar
Fleet Lists
Administrator
 
Posts: 19434
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:49 am
Location: The Shire
Has thanked: 934 times
Been thanked: 988 times

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby Denv12 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Fleet Lists wrote:Also see http://petereid.smugmug.com/Buses/Dions/


Thanks for the link.Nice collection of photos.
As for the "Baxters" Custom Coach 12 metre coach,what model do they call that? I'd like to start a topic covering the 12 metre version.
Denv12
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 555 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Dion's Bus Service,NSW.Their history.

Postby tonyp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:29 pm

I came across this from 2013, a bit late but still of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNtUufPO8Bs
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
User avatar
tonyp
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:31 am
Location: Shoalhaven
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 688 times



  • Advertisement

Return to Photos - Sydney/NSW

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests