Blue Mountains postcard - February/March 2013

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Centralian

Blue Mountains postcard - February/March 2013

Post by Centralian »

Here's a selection of visitors and locals (and some other interesting stuff) that I've captured over the last couple of months, mainly around Katoomba.
It's ended up as one of those fold out postcards, you think there's one or two images and then it folds out to 18. Hope you enjoy !
On a sunny day at the depot. Trolley Tours TV 2094. Mitsubishi FK417 with Howard Porter body, ex Action.
On a sunny day at the depot. Trolley Tours TV 2094. Mitsubishi FK417 with Howard Porter body, ex Action.
618.jpg (147.03 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
Here are the same buses, same location, the next day.
Another study of TV 2094 and friends.
Another study of TV 2094 and friends.
610.jpg (75.01 KiB) Viewed 9798 times
Ouch!
Ouch ! If you've been following my postcards, same location, different coach.
Ouch ! If you've been following my postcards, same location, different coach.
601.jpg (163.7 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
This coach was subject of much discussion on the board recently. Here is TV 4987 after repair.
This coach was subject of much discussion on the board recently. Here is TV 4987 after repair.
602.1.jpg (150.62 KiB) Viewed 9798 times
How many Irizars can you count ?  There's another one (TV 5170 M-Benz  Sydney Coach Charter) hidden right at the back <br />behind the AATKings coach as well. This scene was this morning at Echo Point.
How many Irizars can you count ? There's another one (TV 5170 M-Benz Sydney Coach Charter) hidden right at the back
behind the AATKings coach as well. This scene was this morning at Echo Point.
607.jpg (166.84 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
Murrays Higer Munro TV 6988
Murrays Higer Munro TV 6988
608.jpg (141.41 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
Currently based in Sydney for Driver/Gray Line is this BCI midi coach 1026 AO, delivered in 2012.
Currently based in Sydney for Driver/Gray Line is this BCI midi coach 1026 AO, delivered in 2012.
611.jpg (135.8 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
I've stared at these rotors for so long and I still can't work it out. This unique Kaman K-1200 K-Max heavy lift helicopter <br />of Skywork Helicopters NZ (rego ZK-HEE) has been working on the Scenic World construction of the railway, ferrying heavy <br />structural items down into the valley. More images and some info further along in the postcard.
I've stared at these rotors for so long and I still can't work it out. This unique Kaman K-1200 K-Max heavy lift helicopter
of Skywork Helicopters NZ (rego ZK-HEE) has been working on the Scenic World construction of the railway, ferrying heavy
structural items down into the valley. More images and some info further along in the postcard.
609.jpg (218.89 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
Recently repainted into the new livery at BMBC and photographed at Valley Heights depot is this Volvo B10M/PMC - 3721 MO.
Recently repainted into the new livery at BMBC and photographed at Valley Heights depot is this Volvo B10M/PMC - 3721 MO.
604.jpg (176.61 KiB) Viewed 9805 times
Also recently repainted at Katoomba is 3764 MO, an MBS bodied Hino RG197K.
Also recently repainted at Katoomba is 3764 MO, an MBS bodied Hino RG197K.
603.jpg (89.27 KiB) Viewed 9798 times
Some more images following.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Centralian

Re: Blue Mountains postcard - February/March 2013

Post by Centralian »

And on the flip side of the fold out postcard, we have some more:
I like the little touch Buslines have added to the vehicles remaining in Jones Bros livery for now, with the signage being <br />in matching green rather than the Buslines blue. Lithgow Buslines 2165 MO M-Benz 0400 seen here at Katoomba Stn.
I like the little touch Buslines have added to the vehicles remaining in Jones Bros livery for now, with the signage being
in matching green rather than the Buslines blue. Lithgow Buslines 2165 MO M-Benz 0400 seen here at Katoomba Stn.
605.jpg (148.6 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
I'm amazed that there's still one on the road. This ex Ansett Pioneer GMC Scenicruiser was having some mechanical problems <br />on its way through Lithgow about 2 weeks ago.
I'm amazed that there's still one on the road. This ex Ansett Pioneer GMC Scenicruiser was having some mechanical problems
on its way through Lithgow about 2 weeks ago.
606.jpg (145.19 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
3745 MO at BMBC is this MAN 22.370 with Denning 'Galaxy' body. It is used mainly for school excursions.
3745 MO at BMBC is this MAN 22.370 with Denning 'Galaxy' body. It is used mainly for school excursions.
615.jpg (200.12 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
3761 MO is this ex Defence Force Volvo B10M at Katoomba depot, still in the old livery. A couple of similar vehicles at <br />Emu Plains have been repainted into the current livery.
3761 MO is this ex Defence Force Volvo B10M at Katoomba depot, still in the old livery. A couple of similar vehicles at
Emu Plains have been repainted into the current livery.
614.jpg (187.05 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
A few rear views:
The full Bosfor M-Benz 0404-3 contingent in their striking livery recently visited Echo Point. Each has a different body.<br />Can you pick from this rear end shot the Coach Design, Autobus and Majestic body ?
The full Bosfor M-Benz 0404-3 contingent in their striking livery recently visited Echo Point. Each has a different body.
Can you pick from this rear end shot the Coach Design, Autobus and Majestic body ?
616.jpg (153.73 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
Parked at Compass Coaches Werrington depot are these 3 ex Harris Park Hino CG277's - now registered 7077 MO, <br />7093 MO and 7092 MO.
Parked at Compass Coaches Werrington depot are these 3 ex Harris Park Hino CG277's - now registered 7077 MO,
7093 MO and 7092 MO.
617.jpg (176.98 KiB) Viewed 9772 times
Doing some research, I found out that this Kaman K-1200 K-Max helicopter was delivered new to the US State Department in 2001 and operated in
Colombia for a number of years on drug eradication operations. Was purchased a few years ago by Skywork Helicopters and is now registered in NZ
as ZK-HEE. It was operating at Scenic World today, as well as a couple of weeks ago. I presume those rotors turn at an angle and somehow manage to avoid
each other. :shock:
613.jpg
613.jpg (99.61 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
612.jpg
612.jpg (211.2 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
SRA8142
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O400 with CC510 Body

Post by SRA8142 »

I have always like the Jones Bros livery. It is good to see Buslines has retained it. I have been on that Jones Bros O400 before. It is a real little rocket. Extremley quick of the mark thats for sure. Jones Bros also have a few O400 with Custom Coaches 510 body. They are also a good bus.
OLYMPIAN
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Victory Mk2, Olympian

Post by OLYMPIAN »

Fishbowl!!!

I have forgot the location of the coach got stuck!
Detroit 6VT92/ZF 4HP500...the best bendi bus power train!
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It may be capable but that is the ugliest helicopter I have ever seen. They will never match the Bell 206 Jetranger for looks or even the mighty Huey.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

SRA8142 wrote:I have always like the Jones Bros livery. It is good to see Buslines has retained it. I have been on that Jones Bros O400 before. It is a real little rocket. Extremley quick of the mark thats for sure. Jones Bros also have a few O400 with Custom Coaches 510 body. They are also a good bus.
Extremely quick off the mark doesn't sound like any O400 I have ever been on, if anything they're known for being slow off the mark but as good or better than an O405 once they get moving and the turbo spools up and comes on boost. For the sort of outer suburban or semi rural work that most O400 operaters do, the superior performance at speed more than makes up for the poor performance off the mark. For what is basically a 5 cylinder engine, on what is basically a third world spec chassis, they do pretty good job. That they can hold their own with an O405 is quite an endorsement.

I'd be interested to hear if Jones Brothers or Buslines have modifed these O400s to have better off the mark performance. I imagine if you wanted to the turbocharger could be modified to have better off the mark performance.

I wouldn't worry about the Jones Bros green disappearing any time soon either, Buslines still have some vehicles in full Kirklands paint scheme up north, with just a small marking on the sides indicating their ownership by either Ballina or Northern Rivers Buslines. One of their MAN 16.240s even still proudly proclaims "TRAVEL BEYOND 2000" on the rear.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Swift wrote:They will never match the Bell 206 Jetranger for looks or even the mighty Huey.
I don't think they are trying to match either.
Oddbod

Post by Oddbod »

There is my bus! The fishbowl Scenicruiser is me and yes we were having a temperamental hissy fit overheating day. Cooling off in Lithgow befor heading up the hill on bells line out of town. She's mostly sorted out now but there's always something falling off. Going to qld in it in a couple of weeks up charlieville way."..
Wish me luck!
Search 'ansair Scenicruiser ' on YouTube to hear it go...
1958 Morris Conmmercial LC5 truck
1957 Morris Minor panelvan
1967 ansair Scenicrusier motorhome
"MORRIS QUALITY ENGINEERING - putting oil back in the ground for the last 80 years! "
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Hi Oddbod, guess I should have come over to say g'day. Saw a couple of mean looking bikies there with you checking out the rear end and decided to just 'snap and go' and not be a nuisance. And good luck on the expedition up north.
OzBus

Post by OzBus »

Swift wrote:It may be capable but that is the ugliest helicopter I have ever seen. They will never match the Bell 206 Jetranger for looks or even the mighty Huey.
But one of the most awesome kits of machinery to see fly in real time :!:
Old DENNING'S r Tuff..!
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Oddbod wrote:There is my bus! The fishbowl Scenicruiser is me and yes we were having a temperamental hissy fit overheating day. Cooling off in Lithgow befor heading up the hill on bells line out of town. She's mostly sorted out now but there's always something falling off. Going to qld in it in a couple of weeks up charlieville way."..
Wish me luck!
Search 'ansair Scenicruiser ' on YouTube to hear it go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkc72axe7cY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObHfwQ40C0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USEDgcdxRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQv-YGPbkdA
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I didn't expect it to sound like a GM New Look too!! What's with all the slip on take off? Doesn't sound like a 6 speed transmission to me. It must be a three speed with a joey box or two speed differential and he is driving off in high range.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”