General Business regarding Photo Quality.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Deano
Administrator

General Business regarding Photo Quality.

Post by Deano »

Forum Users are reminded that, as a condition of Membership of Bus Australia you must comply with Forum Guidelines. In the photo section there are particular guidelines which must be followed.

See thread http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=28459 for more information.
Photo Forum Guidelines wrote: • Photos to be no larger than 820 pixels WIDE
• Enforced limit of only 10 photos no larger than 300kb per photo per thread. Any additional photos must be only shown through a hyperlink.
• Appropriate captions are required with all photos.
• Members are asked to limit how many photo’s they post to a reasonable quantity. Administrators reserve the right to limit the amount of photo’s a member posts if needed to encourage and ensure a broad range of photo’s are posted.
• Photo's should be of some relevance to the topic
• Decent Quality photos only, i.e. no out of focus photos should be posted.
Please adhere to these Guidelines, if anyones photos are not of decent quality in the future, they more than likely will be removed.
Stoney!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz o405

Re: General Business regarding Photo Quality.

Post by Stoney! »

BRILLIANT!

It's good to see there is one decent admin on here prepared to protect the boards image and look after board users who do the right thing.

Stoney!
Proud Volkswagen Golf owner...

Mercees o305g:- one of the best buses ever built
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

Well done Deano! :D
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

What if they photograph something extraordinary.Will the moderators still wipe it?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Consideration is given to the importance of the picture and the circumstances in which it was taken.
Job done.
TAA727

Post by TAA727 »

I think the moderators need to toughen up again, there seems to be more and more mediocre quality photos getting posted, with many gushing over how fantastic they are.
Sorry but out of focus, part of bus cut out (without reason) and crooked photos are just not good enough in my opinion!
TAA727's Fleetlist:
MAN SL-202 Ex-STA 3291
Merc O.305 MkII Ex-STA 2496
Merc O.305 Ex-Action 670
Bedford VAL Ex-Duffy's MO 7259
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

TAA727 wrote:I think the moderators need to toughen up again, there seems to be more and more mediocre quality photos getting posted, with many gushing over how fantastic they are.
Sorry but out of focus, part of bus cut out (without reason) and crooked photos are just not good enough in my opinion!
Well said.

Maybe a new photo section for beginners/ amatuers could be made so they can still post pics and recieve feedback on how to improve their skills.

There are a lot of good photographers on here that can give constructive feedback to help out the newbies
Has AdMet CB80 fever
High Floor Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Olden Holdens
Location: Sitting behind a wheel thingy where all the lights & switches are.

Post by High Floor Bus »

All of the above is all well said , but whats the point if the pictures cannot be be displayed in its correct size and having to use the slide bars to see the rest of the picture thats out of view.
Untill recently pictures sizes i posted (800x650) were viewed in full, but now anything greater 450 in H ends up with a slide bar.
What changes to the forum caused this & can this be reversed ?
Yes i know other members use other sites to host their photos, they display correctly using that method.
Nor do i use or want to use another site at this stage for the few photos i would like to post in full.
On a side note , the I Phone will display the whole picture.
( Boiller presure back to normal... Steam vented)
The whole World is going to "HELL" And I'm driving the Bus!
Go ESSENDON for 2022
Proud owner of Preserved Merc Benz O405 679,688,689,691 &1101& Renaults 602 626 647 & 1119
The Inspector

Post by The Inspector »

High Floor Bus wrote:Untill recently pictures sizes i posted (800x650) were viewed in full, but now anything greater 450 in H ends up with a slide bar.
My pics are also 800x650 and all still show in full (without slidebars) wether they are horizontal or vertical pics.

Size is one important thing to follow but so is photo quality, subject and composition.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The problem with the side bars started recently when we upgraded to the a later version of the board software.

But I also get the side bars when I look up photos for the Inspector. I even edited one of his posts to place the photo inline and that did not make any difference. The Inspector may be using a wider screen than I am.

Quite some time ago we enlarged the maximum size of the avatar and then decreased it but not back to what it was. Since then there has been an overlap of photos with th side column which the new software does not appear to tolerate.

The admin who updated the software was advised of this problem but we did not get an answer.

So I am not in a position to advise what will happen on this situation.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Just a bit more information.
I have the problem in Prosilver which I noramlly use.
But I do not have the problem in Subsilver2 . Here the data is too wide for the screen and the whole screen needs to be moved across.

I would like to reduce the maximum avatar size to see what effect that has but I an not sure what other problems this may give.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I did reduce the maximum avatar width to 100 pixels but that did not make any difference probaly because we have so many which curremtly exceed that number so I changed it back to 150.

Of course if you left click on a photo with side bars, the side bars disappear and the photo is shown in full if it does not exced 800 pixels. If it exceeds 800 pixels part of the photo on the right is lost. So that is certainly not the whole answer.

Hopefully someone else wil come up with some other ideas on this.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And now back to the Quality of photos.

Undoubtedly some photos of less than desirable quality are being posted. But it is not possible for the administrators to looks at all photos. So members should not be afraid to report incidents where they feel that photos which do not measure up are being posted.

I suspect that basically this started with posts of photos by Kurt where I agree that some photos do not measure up. In some ways I have felt a soft spot for him and possible we should be harder on those photos but I feel he does need some encouragement.

He does post some photos himself in the photo gallery as well and I also have been using some of his photos in the gallery although I do reject some where I feel they are not up to standard although again I should probably be a little bit harder.

Any further comments on this aspect would be welcome but I doubt that an amateur/beginner section would work.
Living in the Shire.
The Inspector

Post by The Inspector »

Fleet Lists wrote:The Inspector may be using a wider screen than I am.
That could be one of the issues
Has AdMet CB80 fever
High Floor Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Olden Holdens
Location: Sitting behind a wheel thingy where all the lights & switches are.

Post by High Floor Bus »

Fleet Lists wrote:
The Inspector may be using a wider screen than I am.

That could be one of the issues
Changed the res on the Dinosaur LCD, which removed the width slide bar for better viewing.
Of course if you left click on a photo with side bars, the side bars disappear and the photo is shown in full if it does not exced 800 pixels. If it exceeds 800 pixels part of the photo on the right is lost. So that is certainly not the whole answer.
I do Agree its not the whole answer ,but i can live with that.
Thanks guys for your input to the problem. :)
The whole World is going to "HELL" And I'm driving the Bus!
Go ESSENDON for 2022
Proud owner of Preserved Merc Benz O405 679,688,689,691 &1101& Renaults 602 626 647 & 1119
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Also using the zoom out in the View tab on the browser works - usually!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
On Air
Favourite Vehicle: cyclops pedal tipper c1966

Post by On Air »

Anyone got any idea how i can resize photos in Mac? iphoto isnt very enlightening. If the new max width is 1000pixels, what about the height? also what about the max kb?
On 16 March 1870, bushranger Harry Power and Ned Kelly stuck up and robbed Mr M'Bean! Out of time, Bean?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

All file parameters such as width, height and file size are documented in http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 01#p196401 which can be linked to from the heading in any photo gallery.

I can not comment on resizing in Mac - I dont think mobiles generally support resizing.
Living in the Shire.
On Air
Favourite Vehicle: cyclops pedal tipper c1966

Post by On Air »

Fleet Lists wrote:All file parameters such as width, height and file size are documented in http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 01#p196401 which can be linked to from the heading in any photo gallery.

I can not comment on resizing in Mac - I dont think mobiles generally support resizing.
Sorted. Drag and drop from iPhoto to preview on the Dock, then tools+resize+save to folder of ones choice. Works much better than ANY windows based program I've used!
On 16 March 1870, bushranger Harry Power and Ned Kelly stuck up and robbed Mr M'Bean! Out of time, Bean?

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”