Gobus Dunedin

New Zealand Transport Discussion

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

GOBUS121
Favourite Vehicle: 1986 to 1990 CWI MAN SL202 bus

Gobus Dunedin

Post by GOBUS121 »

HIi Guys this the latest news from Gobus and the people in Dunedin
Is delighted to share the news with the my mates in the Public Transport game that Go Bus Transport have successfully completed the purchase of Invercargill Passenger Transport also including Citibus operation in Dunedin Well done Go Bus Transport. :D :D that nice words from Nick Stoneman i cant wait see what fleet numbers, new depots and staff also buses is down there just Gobus getting much bigger now since purchased of Leopard Urban Cat Christchurch and Hawarden Garage Transport in Canterbury.
My bus is Gobus 121 No1 is allow to drive it or else it gose off the road completly for driving and looking now im totally upset is see 121 bad coolant leak and also loads of problems also
reece_555
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 11.220

Re: Gobus Dunedin

Post by reece_555 »

So another operator gobbled up by one of the larger companies. I think its quite a shame really as there is less independent operators in the industry and anyone wanting to get a look in will find themselves in a hard battle with a company with such control.

And since i live in Dunedin I look forward to the Blue and Yellow Citibus fleet repainted into dull old Go Bus white.
stadt80

Post by stadt80 »

Next will be Auckland as all the Southern Bus routes go out to tender within the next couple of months and due to be implemented in March 2015......
ka9102
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by ka9102 »

gobus will not register with auckland transport to qualify for tender.
transporting oranges to the world...
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Go Bus are already in Auckland doing disabled school runs,so can't see why they wouldn't tender
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

How has the Citibus/PT fleet been re numbered into the Gobus fleet?
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

Delta66 wrote:How has the Citibus/PT fleet been re numbered into the Gobus fleet?
Hey People :P
The Numbers for Dunedin Gobus fleet no's are go by 3XXX by the ex Citibus/PT numbers e.g like 315 becomes like Gobus 3315 ok Cheers :D :D :D
My bus is Gobus 121 No1 is allow to drive it or else it gose off the road completly for driving and looking now im totally upset is see 121 bad coolant leak and also loads of problems also
GOBUS121

Post by GOBUS121 »

ka9102 wrote:gobus will not register with auckland transport to qualify for tender.

Hey ka9102,
Keep watching on the roads buddy :shock: were on way up that way some ex Christchurch or Hamilton ex older City buses could aim for Auckland Tender work already have got CESTA (Special needs Runs) already like other pepole say. :D :D :D
Bus_Nutter

Post by Bus_Nutter »

the first ex Citibus Vehicle has been repainted to full Go Bus Livery in Dunedin - a number of others are in white more details to come
BusPlaneTrainTram

Post by BusPlaneTrainTram »

In the fleet lists, there is no mention of the Citibus/Dunedin Passenger Transport.

Is it possible for someone to collate a fleet list - even very basic with fleet number and type for starters so that a fleet list with the 3xxx buses can be added to the Go Bus lists.

I visit Dunedin annually, and can not make any logic of what is there!

Thanks if anyone can assist.

I cannot even confirm if Mr O.C. Benz still compiles the fleet lists.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately a lot of other commitments get in the way these days. I have done a few updates to the NZ Bus Auckland fleet with some more to do, but still quite a bit to do. Unfortunately I get no assistance on maintaining and updating the lists, I do not live in NZ and I try my best to compile some sort of information for the benefit of others, but with the lack of enthusiasm and very little support from enthusiasts in NZ, it is a very difficult task. I know that a few foreigners from across the Tasman appreciate the info, even if it is out of date, but at least there is some detail on buses and I am well aware that there are more informed enthusiasts in NZ than what is provided on the Fleet Lists in regards to fleet movements. Getting rude and inconsiderate emails from other people does not motivate me much to commit further either as I have other commitments such as work, family etc which come first. I am still tossing around to whether just pull the pin on it if I am unable to get any assistance in maintaining (and updating). It is a lot of work and while I would love to be able to provide something that is somewhat accurate, for one person, the workload is way too much for the amount of time I am able to commit to it (In comparison, Sydney with a population of over 4 million and the large amount of passenger vehicles in use has several (4 or 5 etc) people to maintain/update this information in the Fleet Lists, while NZ with a population of also over 4 million and all the passenger vehicles in use, there is only one person who is suppose to be maintaining/updating this information in the Fleet Lists).

Anyhow, I am hoping to visit NZ more frequently in the near future which will hopefully enable me to compile information myself, together I hope with some support from the enthusiasts community if they are willing to contribute to providing other enthusiasts with the bus movements across NZ. At the end of the day, it will still only be as accurate as the information that other people in the enthusiast community are willing to provide.

At the moment I can generally only spare a few days a month to do updates, but if there is anyone out there who is keen to assist, willing to abide by the format guidelines used in data entry into the Fleet Lists database and to help at least bring the lists back to date and/or also maintain while, please do get in contact and we can discuss with the other Fleet Lists Admin on future possibilities.

Kind Regards,
Mr OC Benz

Return to “New Zealand Transport Discussion”