Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Dyson Group News 2017

Post by Mercedes »

Go for it.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Richard1207

Re: Dyson Group News 2017

Post by Richard1207 »

There were some unusual sightings today. A Dysons liveried bus on the 382 (#734) and two PTV liveried buses on the 566. One of them was #935 and I'm not sure about the other one but I think it was #912.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Richard1207 wrote:There were some unusual sightings today. A Dysons liveried bus on the 382 (#734) and two PTV liveried buses on the 566. One of them was #935 and I'm not sure about the other one but I think it was #912.
My occasional observations in the north suggest the use on PTV buses is not being confined to the various Dysons routes added over 2016 - they often seem to show up on routes such as 513, 564 or 569.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

My occasional observations in the north suggest the use on PTV buses is not being confined to the various Dysons routes added over 2016 - they often seem to show up on routes such as 513, 564 or 569.
I can confirm. Last Thursday at least one PTV liveried vehicle was on the 569, and I also noted the PTV vehicles mentioned on the 566 today. I have also noted PTV liveried buses on the 517 at least twice over January (unsurprising given they interwork with the 566).
Equally, there were more Dysons liveried buses on the 381 and 385 last Thursday than PTV liveried buses.

I think it safe to assume that Dysons is taking a leaf out of Transdev's book... :wink:
Richard1207

Post by Richard1207 »

krustyklo wrote:
I think it safe to assume that Dysons is taking a leaf out of Transdev's book... :wink:
That's what it looks like, even ex Reservoir #760 was on the 385 about 2 weeks ago.
Richard1207

Post by Richard1207 »

There were more today as #828 was on the 382, PTV buses #887, #918 & #929 were on the 566 and #920 was on the 567.
Richard1207

Post by Richard1207 »

The PTV liveried buses are now appearing on the ex Reservoir routes too. Earlier today I caught #919 and #920 on the 556 and I also saw one of them on the 552 but it was too far to see the number. I haven't seen PTV liveried buses on these routes before today.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

The PTV liveried buses are now appearing on the ex Reservoir routes too.
At the risk of being pedantic, the 575 was an ex-Reservoir route which has obviously seen PTV liveried vehicles, and also the 577 which is still current.
red baron
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/AEC Regal MkVI

Post by red baron »

Dysons Trainlink Scania i6 Irizar 874 will be heading back north very shortly.
it's a load of hog wog wash
Desto Dave
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster, Tigers.

Post by Desto Dave »

The Dyson group has taken ownership of O'Connells of Omeo as from 1/4/17, this includes the 'Alps Link' PTV service, between Bright, Mt Hotham and Omeo.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Dysons have now taken over Shepparton Transit from Fallons with 44 buses.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Craig

Post by Craig »

1whoknows wrote:Dysons have now taken over Shepparton Transit from Fallons with 44 buses.
I had heard the takeover doesn't take place until 1 June? But a big acquisition regardless.

Wonder if the Shepp Transit fleet will make a return appearance on a level crossing removal rail shutdown but now in Dysons colours?

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

So im guessing dysons is the second biggest bus company in
Melbourne ???
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

takeover date of 1 June is correct with things in transition during May.
David Horowitz.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

So im guessing dysons is the second biggest bus company in Melbourne ???
Did you mean Victoria?

It certainly seems that whilst Ventura and others focussed on Melbourne acquisitions, Dysons have been smart and looked for acquisitions elsewhere in Victoria. Possibly better value acquisitions too by direct sales of smaller country operators instead of popular auctions of former Melbourne operators which would bid the price up. Yet still close by enough to allow for economies of scale and adequate managerial supervision - Victoria is a small state geographically.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Following a trend begun in NSW where Punchbowl took over Goulburn B.S. and Forest have now acquired two operations around Coffs Harbour. Not to mention Busways having taken over all those North Coast towns that were ruined by the King bros.
David Horowitz.
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

1whoknows wrote:Following a trend begun in NSW where Punchbowl took over Goulburn B.S. and Forest have now acquired two operations around Coffs Harbour. Not to mention Busways having taken over all those North Coast towns that were ruined by the King bros.
Surely the granddaddy of that would be JA Gilbert (now the Buslines Group) holding Shorelink as well as a string of regional operators?
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

Alex on the Bus wrote:
1whoknows wrote:Following a trend begun in NSW where Punchbowl took over Goulburn B.S. and Forest have now acquired two operations around Coffs Harbour. Not to mention Busways having taken over all those North Coast towns that were ruined by the King bros.
Surely the granddaddy of that would be JA Gilbert (now the Buslines Group) holding Shorelink as well as a string of regional operators?
Except the Buslines group sold Shorelink to Transdev many years back
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

E.L.Wood wrote:Except the Buslines group sold Shorelink to Transdev many years back
I meant it as a historical example - I should have been more clear about that.
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

1whoknows wrote:Dysons have now taken over Shepparton Transit from Fallons with 44 buses.
That takeover strikes me as a bit odd.

Given that Fallon's have various fleets across northern Victoria, and seem to have been expanding in recent years to somewhere between 130 and 150 units, you would imagine they would've sold either the lot or nothing.

To sell their Shepparton Transit operation and then be left with their smaller peripheral fleets doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm sure Dysons would've taken the lot if they could've.

Does anybody know the reasoning behind it?
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

Don't forget that Driver sold off their track work to CDC, but kept the School / Charter operation.

Regards,
Paul.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Maybe we're going to get another "Grow or Go" so smaller operators are selling up before they lose their businesses by force. On the other hand charter operation might be more profitable.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
Volvo_B9R

Post by Volvo_B9R »

Trend begun in NSW?
Haven't dysons owned country operations for years before those others? Bairnsdale, Moama & Kyneton to name a few!!
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Haven't dysons owned country operations for years before those others? Bairnsdale, Moama & Kyneton to name a few!!
Bairnsdale definitely since some time in the 90s (possibly earlier) - I recall finding it odd when I got married in 1999 having our honeymoon in Lakes Entrance - and seeing the same bus models and livery as the ones I had just left behind in Greensborough!
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

paulgersche wrote:Don't forget that Driver sold off their track work to CDC, but kept the School / Charter operation.

Regards,
Paul.
As did Wangaratta Coachlines when Dysons took over that region.

Thanks,
Mitch :lol:

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”