Melbourne Metropolitan bus franchises (ANNOUNCED)

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Re: Melbourne Metropolitan bus franchises (ANNOUNCED)

Post by V981 »

My understanding is that "EastCoast Truck And Bus" refers to a seperate business entity owned by Ventura, which performs service and repairs on commercial vehicles for outside clients aswell as Venturas own buses. These Eastcoast service centres are located at Knox and Oakleigh. The Fitzroy workshop is not a business as such, it is simply a facility as part of the bus depot, and only does repairs on Ventura/National owned vehicles. Therefore it is simply a Ventura workshop, not an Eastcoast outlet.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

The one definite way to check would be to ask the staff working in the Ventura(East Coast)workshops what paying company appears on their payslips.If as you say ,Sidey44, the workshops and parts departments are run with EC staff,nothing has changed.
You do not need to cut and paste.Just use the "QUOTE"button on the right hand side top in the middle.Do not worry ,I am definitely NOT a technological genius either!!!!
Sidey44
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

Post by Sidey44 »

The one definite way to check would be to ask the staff working in the Ventura(East Coast)workshops what paying company appears on their payslips.
Ask me,Ill show you one of mine.......I work for EC in the parts dept. :)
For the moment all our(EC staff) payslips still have Eastcoast etc etc on them. It doesnt really matter what company name is on them as we all work for the same company either way.
Your donkey is broken....you want your parts when!!!
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Sidey44 wrote:
The one definite way to check would be to ask the staff working in the Ventura(East Coast)workshops what paying company appears on their payslips.
Ask me,Ill show you one of mine.......I work for EC in the parts dept. :)
For the moment all our(EC staff) payslips still have Eastcoast etc etc on them. It doesnt really matter what company name is on them as we all work for the same company either way.
Thanks for confirmation of Eastcoast ownership of the workshops Sidey44.Even though Ventura wholly own East Coast it is a separate company and business to other companies in the Ventura group of companies.I hope that the upcoming changes with the transfer of contracts,services and depots to Transdev Melbourne does not result in adverse changes for you .Cheers.
Sidey44

Post by Sidey44 »

No probs, yeah its been a bit of a kick in the nuts to lose it but hey life goes on and Im sure EC/Ventura will continue to grow and expand into the future.
If anything my position (and another member on this forums aswell :) ) got far busier and will probably continue do be that way for some time. To be frankly honest I feel my job is even far more secure now so that helps with getting on with the task at hand and your mind isnt wondering if you have a job tomorrow.........unlike other industries atm.
Ill go as far as saying its one of the best companies Ive ever worked for due to the nutters I work with and the diversity of the job at times.
Buzztop
Favourite Vehicle: Anything that drives properly

Post by Buzztop »

Sidey 44, do you mean you feel your job is more secure because of the possible expansions or improvements?
Sidey44

Post by Sidey44 »

Not to sure what is planned in the way of expansion for Ventura so in that respect I cant answer that, but not having to deal with certain buses and depots has certainly improved my happiness factor by 10 so thats a massive bonus :)
Looking back at the last 6+ months Ive never once worried about getting transferred to the darkside or if there would be a shortage of work if we lost the tender or any other issue like that,so its been a very secure company to work for,well thats how I feel at least.
V981

Post by V981 »

Buzztop wrote:Sidey 44, do you mean you feel your job is more secure because of the possible expansions or improvements?
Any of you who do work in the industry will know for yourselves, there are plenty of "doomsayers and misery guts" in the bus industry, along with the usual collection of self appointed industry experts and analysts. And yet most of them wouldnt know how to tie their own shoe laces, let alone run a multi million dollar organization.

Obviously the decision is a kick in the guts for Ventura. Nobody could deny that. But just as Im sure the management of Ventura are already looking to where the future might take them, so should employees. Ive been telling people at work, please dont listen to the endless rumours, speculation and hear-say. It only gets people down.

While nobody knows what Ventura has planned for the future, I feel confident enough to say that those employees who continue on with doing a good job and who work as a team player in the work place will ultimately have a job for as long as they want one. Some people in my work place are getting themselves into a tizzy over nothing. And it does nobody any favours.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

V981 wrote:Ive been telling people at work, please dont listen to the endless rumours, speculation and hear-say. It only gets people down.
Well said, V981.
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

The smart bus drivers where I am are really looking forward to the change. Let's hope everyone involved has a smooth transition.
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

dex wrote:The smart bus drivers where I am are really looking forward to the change. Let's hope everyone involved has a smooth transition.
It will be interesting to see where they will be based, sources indicate Transdev aren't able to advise on depot sites apart from the 2 National and the 2 Melbourne Bus Link depots. It would be interesting to see what was indicated as part of the tender document submitted.
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
dex

Post by dex »

As far as I know, the current drivers will be staying at the Tulla depot, but under the Transdev umbrella. I think once a depot is built nearby, then the drivers will be shifted. I could be wrong however. I don't get involved as it doesnt affect me.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

dex wrote:As far as I know, the current drivers will be staying at the Tulla depot, but under the Transdev umbrella. I think once a depot is built nearby, then the drivers will be shifted. I could be wrong however. I don't get involved as it doesnt affect me.
Less than 2 months to takeover day. Wonder whether it might be put back a few months. Easy to talk big to win the tender; another thing to put those words into action.
V981

Post by V981 »

Peter1805 wrote:
dex wrote:As far as I know, the current drivers will be staying at the Tulla depot, but under the Transdev umbrella. I think once a depot is built nearby, then the drivers will be shifted. I could be wrong however. I don't get involved as it doesnt affect me.
Less than 2 months to takeover day. Wonder whether it might be put back a few months. Easy to talk big to win the tender; another thing to put those words into action.
I just hope it doesnt go the same way as the "Transfield - Light City Buses" debacle which has taken place in Adelaide. That is a perfect example of what can go wrong when you go with the cheapest bidder. :P
Paul_Nicholson
Favourite Vehicle: Adelaide Worldmasters

Post by Paul_Nicholson »

What would be he possibility of the new operator introducing double deckers on selected services?

Paul in Melbourne
Buzztop

Post by Buzztop »

The smart bus drivers at Ivanhoe are definitely not looking forward to the change, as they have already moved once this year. And depending on if and when a new depot is built, they may have to move 3 times within a short period. I can understand that will take a while to adjust.
Buzztop

Post by Buzztop »

Transdev takeover has apparently been moved to 4/8 which is a Monday, and makes more sense. Also Ivanhoe based 903 are apparently to move back to Fitzroy (I hope that's not a rumour) which will be interesting indeed. :shock:
dex

Post by dex »

Yeah 4/8 as were told yesterday by Transdev themselves.
matthew

Post by matthew »

Buzztop wrote:Transdev takeover has apparently been moved to 4/8 which is a Monday, and makes more sense. Also Ivanhoe based 903 are apparently to move back to Fitzroy (I hope that's not a rumour) which will be interesting indeed. :shock:
4/8/2013 is on a Sunday and not a Monday :wink:
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

Buzztop wrote:Transdev takeover has apparently been moved to 4/8 which is a Monday, and makes more sense. Also Ivanhoe based 903 are apparently to move back to Fitzroy (I hope that's not a rumour) which will be interesting indeed. :shock:
Seriously, where is the regard for the coal-face operators, the drivers, in all this...? Poor drivers, having just endured one move (and many basing life and career decisions on that move), now moving back again after such a short time. :roll:
Willie
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0405NH

Post by Willie »

It happens, not ideal for some, don't like it, leave the industry.

Change is inevitable, Adelaide has been through this
soo many times it just another day and another uniform.

Deal with it.
Buzztop

Post by Buzztop »

Yep, apologies, Sunday it is. Weird day for a takeover.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Sunday gives them a chance to get a few things sorted out before the busier Monday.
Living in the Shire.
MAN 16.242
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Post by MAN 16.242 »

And this is confirmed on transdev website
http://www.veoliatransdev.com.au/busine ... melbourne/
We are proud to announce that in May 2013, we were awarded a contract with Public Transport Victoria (PTV) to provide bus services for a third of Melbourne’s bus network. The franchise begins on 4 August 2013 and will integrate over 1,000 staff, 50 routes and 500 vehicles and covers both urban and school transport.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

MAN 16.242 wrote: And this is confirmed on transdev website
http://www.veoliatransdev.com.au/busine ... melbourne/
Not quite -it is a Sunday.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”