• Advertisement

Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby PaxInfo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:47 am

Major changes from 17 November affecting Routes 216/219/220 in the Sunshine, Footscray, Gardenvale and Brighton areas.

216 & 220 become Sunshine - City only with some better frequencies

603 & 604 become Alfred Hospital to Brighton Beach/Gardenvale to replace 216/219/220 southern half

219 is deleted. Sunshine South part becomes new 429. Sunshine - City incorporated into upgraded 216.

No announcement yet but see new PDF t/tables on old PTV site at https://classic.ptv.vic.gov.au
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
User avatar
PaxInfo
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby PaxInfo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 am

The Chadstone - Oakleigh express weekend and public holiday shopper service will use recycled number 700.

Timetables here https://classic.ptv.vic.gov.au/route/view/13721/
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
User avatar
PaxInfo
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Heihachi_73 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Yet another pointless Sunday-only restriction, in typical Ventura fashion. Not only is it a completely different timetable to the only other day of the week it runs (despite still running every 8 minutes due to the short distance!), two hours are inexplicably cut off the end with the last buses finishing before dark. Why? Is there any valid reason whatsoever?
User avatar
Heihachi_73
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Location: Ringwood
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Changes to 216/219/220

Postby timmy1966 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey guys,
I read with interest the changes happening to these routes and would like to know are these the same changesthat were in the Greenfields one proposed by Transdev last year?So Sunshine depot will provide buses for 216 & 220 to city and the 429,and Keysborough to do the southern part.Will there be any re-allocations for this and are there any changes planned for other Transdev routes?
timmy1966
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:25 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby pakenhamtrain » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:49 pm

PaxInfo wrote:The Chadstone - Oakleigh express weekend and public holiday shopper service will use recycled number 700.

Timetables here https://classic.ptv.vic.gov.au/route/view/13721/

Not one of the buses I saw today had the route number. They just had OAKLEIGH STATION/CHADSTONE SHUTTLE
Insert 200 characters as signature
User avatar
pakenhamtrain
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:43 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Andy O » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 pm

HI Timmy1966,
Sunshine will operate the 216 and 220. The southern part (603 & 604) will be operated out of heatherton. Recent shift changes have returned all the orbitals (901, 902 & 903) to Keysborough. Heatherton shifts will now only operate 600, 603, 604, 922 & 923. Sunshine will continue (I think) to run some orbitals with the remainder moving from North Fitzroy to Thomastown.
User avatar
Andy O
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:58 pm
Location: Langwarrin,VIC
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby paulgersche » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:39 am

PaxInfo wrote:New Oakleigh - Chadstone buses this Christmas shopping season (and beyond)

https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/news-and-eve ... nham-line/


So, which operator runs the service?

Paul
paulgersche
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 am
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Springyboy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:25 pm

paulgersche wrote:
PaxInfo wrote:New Oakleigh - Chadstone buses this Christmas shopping season (and beyond)

https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/news-and-eve ... nham-line/


So, which operator runs the service?

Paul


Transdev, if you click on the timetables you can confirm
Springyboy
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:12 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Mike M » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:10 am

PaxInfo wrote:Major changes from 17 November affecting Routes 216/219/220 in the Sunshine, Footscray, Gardenvale and Brighton areas.

216 & 220 become Sunshine - City only with some better frequencies

603 & 604 become Alfred Hospital to Brighton Beach/Gardenvale to replace 216/219/220 southern half

219 is deleted. Sunshine South part becomes new 429. Sunshine - City incorporated into upgraded 216.

No announcement yet but see new PDF t/tables on old PTV site at https://classic.ptv.vic.gov.au

The official announcement has appeared on the 'new' PTV site on Monday morning.

These changes basically reflect what has happened for some time anyway with the split of the 216/219/220 into separate services on either side of the City.

The new 603 & 604 will continue to be two of the most over serviced routes in Melbourne in relation to their low levels of usage. It is odd that they will continue to run at 30 minute frequencies until late on Sunday night carrying mostly fresh air while the much better used 900 series of Smartbus routes are all finishing at around 9pm.

Such are the vagaries of Melbourne bus services.
Mike M
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: Frankston Line
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby PaxInfo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:50 am

Mike M wrote:The new 603 & 604 will continue to be two of the most over serviced routes in Melbourne in relation to their low levels of usage. It is odd that they will continue to run at 30 minute frequencies until late on Sunday night carrying mostly fresh air while the much better used 900 series of Smartbus routes are all finishing at around 9pm.

Such are the vagaries of Melbourne bus services.


Agree.

My thoughts here: https://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com ... route.html
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
User avatar
PaxInfo
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby PaxInfo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:01 am

New routes and extensions from December 2 to coincide with Cobblebank station opening

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/cobbleba ... -december/

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/bus-boos ... wing-west/

They involve new 444, new 454 (both reused numbers) and extended 459
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
User avatar
PaxInfo
 
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby BroadGauge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Skybus are relaunching the old Airport Bus Eastside service as the new Eastern Express route from early November: https://www.skybus.com.au/eastern-express/timetable/

It has six pick up points, and will run generally around every 90 minutes on weekdays, and every 105 minutes on weekends. I presume it must use the Metropolitan Ring Road as it has a stop in Watsonia.
User avatar
BroadGauge
 
Posts: 3595
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: NSW
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 248 times
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Heihachi_73 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:11 pm

Mike M wrote:It is odd that they will continue to run at 30 minute frequencies until late on Sunday night

As they should. There is no excuse to why buses have to finish earlier on Sundays than every other day of the week. This is what all suburbs that don't have rail transport cop every single weekend, with the very few exceptions being those which retained the former MMTB/MetBus/MBL routes due to their tramway-based heritage (unlike the eastern MetBus routes which went to National Bus Company, which left the buses running at post office hours instead). It might work in WA where it's like stepping back into 1962 the minute you leave the airport, but not in the 24/7/365 city of Melbourne of the (soon-to-be) 2020s. When Transdev took over from Ventura/National, the SmartBus services were going to be upgraded to use the Saturday timetable all weekend (with Sat/Sun/PH all being identical) but it never happened.
User avatar
Heihachi_73
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Location: Ringwood
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby Craig » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:40 pm

Heihachi_73 wrote:Yet another pointless Sunday-only restriction, in typical Ventura fashion. Not only is it a completely different timetable to the only other day of the week it runs (despite still running every 8 minutes due to the short distance!), two hours are inexplicably cut off the end with the last buses finishing before dark. Why? Is there any valid reason whatsoever?


Chadstone has permanent late night shopping on Saturdays until 9pm but closes at 7pm Sundays.

Kind Regards


Craig :-)
User avatar
Craig
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: Edithvale, VIC
Has thanked: 1249 times
Been thanked: 463 times

Re: Victorian Route and Timetable changes 2019

Postby normie » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:28 pm

From Sunday 1st December their will be new bus timetables for Geelong bus routes 55,56,60 & 61. Changes include additional Saturday and Sunday services and their will no longer be a 60A bus eliminating the need to change buses on some route 60 services.
normie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Geelong
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Melbourne / VIC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests