• Advertisement

Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2017

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion

Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2017

Postby Tas Bus Nut » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 am

Well, it's been pretty quiet here on this front for quite a while. Whilst there has been quite a bit happening (particularly with the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society) it hasn't been getting reported (at least, not on this forum) Since June, the Society has commenced it's restoration of ex Maxwell's AEC Reliance and this is progressing very well, with it about to be moved to Havnadip Bus Repairs to have the frame completely replaced. This is a massive job and the Society must thanks the Tasmanian Community Fund for providing a community grant which has allowed us to progress to this stage.

Metro is continuing receiving their new CB80 K360UA articulated buses ((5) up to 12 Aug) with 740 arriving yesterday. There are (7) in total being delivered, however I cannot understand why Custom are sending them in Adelaide Met livery :roll: :roll: (yellow on rear bumpers) The Euro 6 is a vast improvement on the previous vehicles. It has been reported the first of the new Bustech 12.5m buses will arrive in NOV 2017 for evaluation before full production starts in TAS, with the first TAS unit expected early 2018. The retirement of the aging B10ML fleet has well and truly commenced, with 721 gone, 719 & 720 at auction presently and 716 & 718 the only B10Ms left in service, however, their days are very numbered, and suspect 718 will be retired within two weeks :?:

Other new vehicles arriving on our shores are limited although Merseylink Coaches (Devonport) did purchase a couple second-hand MANs from Willunga Charters a month or so ago. Tasmania's own Redline also grabbed (10x) Higers ex Mining Co in QLD a few months back too. Only (1) of these has thus far been put in service and full livery (#137) likewise Crawn Motors (Ridgley) also purchased (2) second-hand Higers. Wells Waggons on the far NW Coast received a second-hand Scania from VIC.

That wraps up a brief outline on happenings and sightings since the last report, so hopefully updates will be more forthcoming as events unfold here in TAS :shock:
Tas Bus Nut

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2017

Postby The Phonj » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:42 am

I know it's not a bus observation, but Jetstar will be commencing direct flights Adelaide to Hobart and v.v. from 14 November 2017; flying three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). Certainly would make it easier for me to attend the annual Tas tour, should I be in a position to do so.
Get the Firefox internet browser at: http://www.firefox.com
Watch out for ghostly bus drivers!
The Phonj
Administrator

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200, PMCSA body

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - JUL > DEC 2017

Postby Tas Bus Nut » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

The Phonj wrote:I know it's not a bus observation, but Jetstar will be commencing direct flights Adelaide to Hobart and v.v. from 14 November 2017; flying three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). Certainly would make it easier for me to attend the annual Tas tour, should I be in a position to do so.
Certainly will John :mrgreen: Very surprised they've started this service again though, after it failed many years ago :( Back then, I was able to travel direct to Adelaide for $29
Tas Bus Nut

Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)