Private Bus Observations 2020

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Private Bus Observations 2020

Post by Swift »

boronia wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:31 pm
Not much consumer protection at an auction; caveat emptor.. WYSIWYG. If you can't get the clarification you need, don't bid on it.
Possibly locked by the finance company selling it.
One can only conclude they are hiding something!
I hope bidders assume the worst then and bid accordingly, or better still, falls way short of reserve and falls though!!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I forgot to say that according to the listing, the buses engine / gearbox has been removed. Someone is going to be having fun unless they plan to use it for parts.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Why bother? They're worthless junk. Ever heard of the scrap yard?
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Also its not a 1316 its a 1418 - no 1316s got the NZ Volgren bodies.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Swift as I say time and time again - stop making ridiculous comments just for the sake of it
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Ex Mercedes-Benz O500LE CB80 Demo CJ65VY has been listed for sale located in Brisbane still on it's NSW plates. Mercedes-Benz is the dealer selling the bus.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

According to the fleetlists, Busways have some Irizar Volvo B8s on the way 😳😳
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

stajourneyman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:57 pm According to the fleetlists, Busways have some Irizar Volvo B8s on the way 😳😳
This would be for Busway's Newcastle to Hawks Nest & Taree services 150, 151 & 152
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Are they planning to phrase out the older buses that operate those services? I know their O405's with the CC "420" body operate those routes and those 3 buses have existed since the start of the millennium. TV 3401 sometimes operates it as well but not sure which as I usually see it when it's sign written for Newcastle.

Speaking of I did see 773 from Busways today at the New Newcastle Bus interchange.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Is there really a regular route between Taree and Newcastle? Does it go though Wingham?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I would not call them regular with one or two trips a day each way and NOT via Wingham
Living in the Shire.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:12 pm Are they planning to phrase out the older buses that operate those services? I know their O405's with the CC "420" body operate those routes and those 3 buses have existed since the start of the millennium. TV 3401 sometimes operates it as well but not sure which as I usually see it when it's sign written for Newcastle.

Speaking of I did see 773 from Busways today at the New Newcastle Bus interchange.
Busways will be getting these Irizar i6 coaches to start the phasing out and withdrawal of the aging coach fleet witch would of been most likely acquired from King Bros
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

One of Newcastle Transports Bustech VST's was caught up in major floods last night in Newcastle, driver and I believe 8 passengers had to be rescued from the bus by SES.

Photo Credit ABC news.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

with the water coming in over the fist step why would you keep going till it was over the btm seat swabs WE were behind the bus and would not have went as far as the bus did the passenger were rescueded by boat after they pushed the rear window out!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

stajourneyman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:57 pm According to the fleetlists, Busways have some Irizar Volvo B8s on the way 😳😳
I must say, they look horribly similar to Trainlink Irizars when they are painted in the new Busways livery. Not a fan.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Swift

Post by Swift »

captainch wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:30 am with the water coming in over the fist step why would you keep going till it was over the btm seat swabs WE were behind the bus and would not have went as far as the bus did the passenger were rescueded by boat after they pushed the rear window out!
Looks like someone added too much water to that instant driver -or should I say diver?
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:45 pm One of Newcastle Transports Bustech VST's was caught up in major floods last night in Newcastle, driver and I believe 8 passengers had to be rescued from the bus by SES.

Photo Credit ABC news.
There might be a incident from around 2007 where a similar thing happened to a Veolia Bustech bodied O405NH
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

There was also this incident from a couple of months ago that occurred near the Hawksberry river, In that case tho the flood waters didn't reach a high enough level to prevent exit from the doors of the bus.

The other nights incident according to captainch required one of the rear emergency exit windows to be broken to escape from. No one in their sane mind in levels that deep would even try to use the emergency door release as it would just make all the water rush in and lead to heavy levels of water rushing in and could cause someone to drown. Worst case if they were still waiting for help for a while they would've had to take off the roof hatch and wait on top of the bus for the SES to send a raft out.

So I wonder if this VST is now a write off due to flood damage it sustained? I also hope an investigation is launched because there is no way the driver should've driven through the flood waters even if the bus could've handled it.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 827 has had one of its grab poles entirely covered in those green sit here stickers including fully covered the bell it's been like that for atleast 3 days as it's my regular bus on the 776 got to wonder when it was last cleaned.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

How about complaining to TfNSW or Busways?: nobody here can fix it.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:45 pm One of Newcastle Transports Bustech VST's was caught up in major floods last night in Newcastle, driver and I believe 8 passengers had to be rescued from the bus by SES.
A person who wishes to remain anonymous sent me this photo, I'm not sure if they took it themselves or the origin of it but here's an interior shot of 2741 ST, the K/D bus that was involved in the weekends flooding.

boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

That photo has been floating around on Facebook for a few days now.

Must have got a bit wet taking it LOL
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I wasn't aware it was floating (pun intended) around and until this morning the mystery of what bus was involved remained unknown to me.

Anyway some people on my page and myself are thinking this bus is a write off and there is no way it's coming back, we're just waiting now for it to get dereg and possibly used for parts if anything can be salvaged. If K/D needs another bus to replace this they'll probably have another B8RLE from Bustech made for them. But again who knows.

Would be interesting to see another ex STA bus sent down but that is unlikely to happen again.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

Not sure when this happened but I found that 440 stops at BJI Stands S and T, at Grafton St opposite the station. When did this happened and why the change in stopping locations?
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

In the Bondi Junctio station record in Wiki it has shown as stand T outside the station for at least two years.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”