New Custombus model

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
mactransit

New Custombus model

Post by mactransit »

Exciting news - CustomBus will apparently be unveiling a new city bus model (CB90?) at the BusVic 2019 conference in a fortnight's time:

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... usvic-2019

I wonder if Bustech will be following suite shortly, considering the current VST model has been around for over 7 years?
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Re: New Custombus model

Post by Daniel »

The new Custom model is called the Endeavour.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Well to be honest it has just about been 10 years since the CB80 was first revealed so I guess it was only so much time before we'd see the next generation bodies from Custom. Anyone wanting to place bets on them announcing CB100 (next generation after CB90) or the likes in 2029 :P

I only wished more operators took up CB80 bodied buses in my region.

@Daniel

Bus body model name sounds like something for a coach
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Transport Buff
Favourite Vehicle: R9 Volvo Volgren artic

Post by Transport Buff »

mactransit wrote:Exciting news - CustomBus will apparently be unveiling a new city bus model (CB90?) at the BusVic 2019 conference in a fortnight's time:

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... usvic-2019

I wonder if Bustech will be following suite shortly, considering the current VST model has been around for over 7 years?
I wonder, if the new Custom Endeavour launch will lead to a new Endeavour coach, like the SB50?
Love Volvo B12BLEA, Mercedes O405NH, Scania K310UB, Custom Denning Element
Excited for:
-Sydney Metro C&SW, West, WSydAirport
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@TransportBuff
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Transport Buff wrote: I wonder, if the new Custom Endeavour launch will lead to a new Endeavour coach, like the SB50?
From reading the material on the takeover of Denning Mfg I interpret that Dennings 'Phoenix' body will replace Customs School bus (read as SB50).
Any sneak pics out there on the new 'Endeavour' body ?
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
mactransit

Post by mactransit »

This looks like it may be a sneak peak...
newone.png
newone.png (198.27 KiB) Viewed 11263 times
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

So maybe a low floor? Interesting.

For me the front of the bus gives off a Mill-Tui vibe (for the one time they produced a low-floor) and a Ciatro like vibe in a way.

With the Takeover of Denning, and if this is to be a low-floor, what are the chances of seeing a Denning low floor chassis with the so called "CB90" body? (in regards to back in the days when some CB60's and EVO II's bodies were put on Denning Chassis) Surprised we never saw at least one example to date with a Denning chassis on a CB80 body.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:So maybe a low floor? Interesting..
It is a new city bus. Why would it be anything else?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Some confusion here? Won't that depend on the chassis that the customer orders? And probably about 98% of Australian citybus orders are low-entry only. I can't see that changing anytime soon. The new Custom window line is the same as the Optimus. What you see on the outside is not the same as what you see on the inside.
Transport Buff
Favourite Vehicle: R9 Volvo Volgren artic

Post by Transport Buff »

For me, from the front of the bus, it gives off European style vibes, such as the Citaro. It also, kinda looks like a Gemilang.
It'll also be interesting to see who the first orders and deliveries of the Endeavour will go to?
I wonder if STA will buy some, or will they wait a few months, or years.
Love Volvo B12BLEA, Mercedes O405NH, Scania K310UB, Custom Denning Element
Excited for:
-Sydney Metro C&SW, West, WSydAirport
-NIF
-PLR
-WestConnex
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@TransportBuff
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Is it subsequently expected that the CB80 body will be discontinued? If so, i'd expect expect the new Custom Endeavour to eventually become as prolific as the other bodies that have been built by Custom over time.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

Is there a reason why the STA CB80 buses (he ones that entered service before 2013) have a smelly interior?
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

marcnut1996 wrote:Is there a reason why the STA CB80 buses (he ones that entered service before 2013) have a smelly interior?
TSAs cb80 that work the t80 always stink aswell also the 15** series customs at Sta/Tsa stink aswell

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

I have caught a bus built with 17 different models of Custom Coaches bodies with the earliest model being the 775 or whatever the series model number that was getting used around the time of the Rowes Volvo B58-56/Volvo 58-61/Leyland Super Viking orders that where made between 1978 and 1981 this upcoming model would be the 18th different model of Custom bus I've traveled on in my 19 years of catching buses frequently
Those Busways Volvos would of been around 19 to 22 years old by the time I got to ride one in late 2000
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

marcnut1996 wrote:Is there a reason why the STA CB80 buses (he ones that entered service before 2013) have a smelly interior?
I hear you man.

Both the Volvo B7RLE / Scania K310UB variant of the original CB80’s delivered for STA, they often smell like a pet shop inside... it’s pretty gross. The newer generation CB80’s delivered to STA in the last couple of years are much better and don’t have that issue.

On the original topic, this is exciting whatever is to come - it’s hard to think that the CB80 is already +- a decade old. How time flies.
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

Looks quite similar to the newer Evobus Citaroes
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

According to friends down in Victoria, there one on show in the bus expo, one in TNSW livery sporting busabout stickers and accreditation for smeaton grange depot. No fleet numbers seen on the outside, but the number plate is ENDVR. No information on the interior but straight window line running from rear to end.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

Here's some pictures of the bus model on the Bus Australia facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/busaust ... 558343108/ (group members only)
For those without Facebook or not in the group, I am sure pictures of the new bus will suffice eventually.

The picture posted by mactransit on 21 Sep is the new Custom Endeavour bus.
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 1#p1052812
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

For those not in fb groups, these photos from Australian Bus & Coach:

These are what I'd call "enthusiast" photos! I've asked if they can post some more practical photos of the working bits.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

tonyp wrote:These are what I'd call "enthusiast" photos! I've asked if they can post some more practical photos of the working bits.
Maybe they have come to the conclusion that the majority of their target audience are not that hung up by the depth of the stairs. :D
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Interior similarly to the current CB80, low floor models. Low floor both at front and rear doors, but steps up behind the rear door.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Linto63 wrote:Maybe they have come to the conclusion that the majority of their target audience are not that hung up by the depth of the stairs. :D
There's a little bit more to seeing the rest of the bus than just the stairs, which depend on the chassis that the customer has ordered in any case. Anyway, there are more photos in next ABC magazine and I suspect Transit Graphics will come up with some too.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Is this display bus being used as a Custom Bus owned demonstrator or is this bus apart of a Custom Endeavour order for Busabout
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Wowww!! This is really nice - I am absolutely getting some Citaro vibes here.

That it’s in TfNSW livery already - is there some of this bus coming to Sydney already? Or at least in the planning?
Stu

Post by Stu »

It would be nice to see the order of new Mercedes-Benz units for TSA with the new Custom Coaches body.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”