Route/Timetable changes 23rd and 30th September 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
swtt

Re: STA Privatisation / Franchising

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote:From what I have heard there is no guarantee that these will be included in the 23rd September changes - these are not just region 9 changes but also effect Transit Systems region 6.
But I could be wrong.
30/9 being another big day for public transport changes of course. Some of the purported and rumoured changes - - the sooner the better!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
tonyp

Re: Eastern Suburbs changes from 23rd September 2018

Post by tonyp »

Fleet Lists wrote:Please - not another thread going into the artic v decker subject!!!!!
Ok!
Stu

Post by Stu »

I wouldn't be surprised if the 357, 400, 418 & 420 timetables were effective for Sunday September 30 as this would work well with both end of month reporting and quarterly reporting at the same time. Make fresh start with no route sharing between two different operators from Monday October 1.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the 357, 400, 418 & 420 timetables were effective for Sunday September 30 as this would work well with both end of month reporting and quarterly reporting at the same time. Make fresh start with no route sharing between two different operators from Monday October 1.

...and maybe the introduction of route 420 would be a good time for these e-paper signs to be installed!

http://www.mysydney.nsw.gov.au/node/4805
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

Frosty wrote:The major change to Eastern Suburbs comes with SELR but that still at least 1-2 years away.
Not in this part of the eastern suburbs.
tonyp wrote:In all my years living in the eastern suburbs I took changing to/from the train at BJ as a given, it was hugely faster. I don't know what has changed since that makes people prefer to ride through on the bus.
The 333 is time competitive with the train for most city destinations outside of peak. Much faster for Circular Quay/Opera House.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And from https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-a ... congestion issued today.
More buses from the bridge to the beach to ease congestion
Published14 Aug 2018
The NSW Government will deliver one of Australia’s most frequent bus services between two of the country’s most famous landmarks.

Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance revealed the 333 bus will run as often as every three minutes during the peak between Bondi Beach and Circular Quay.

“This turn-up and go bus will one of the most frequent transport services operating in Australia, making it even easier for people to get between two of our most popular destinations,” Mr Constance said.

“It will enable more than 1,000 extra customers to get on a bus along Bondi Road during the morning peak alone. We will also boost capacity by 10,000 on the weekends for families and tourists visiting Bondi Beach.”

“We will deliver this improved service for people of Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs with our existing fleet of bendy-buses, which saves taxpayers both time and money, and gives commuters another reason to leave the car at home”

Outside weekday peaks State Transit will run 333 buses every six minutes during the day and every 10 minutes at night, seven days a week. The overnight 333N bus will operate all-stops between the City and North Bondi, making it easier to get home.

Member for Vaucluse Gabrielle Upton welcomed improvements to the 24/7 service between North Bondi and the City .

“The 333 between Bondi Beach and Sydney’s CBD is arguably the most iconic bus route in the world and now it has a world-class service to match,” Ms Upton said.

Member for Coogee Bruce Notley-Smith agreed both locals and tourists will benefit from the changes.

“This is great for the Coogee electorate. It’s more than a turn up and go service, it’ll be a turn up and get on that puts an end to commuters along Bondi Road being forced to watch buses go by full,” Mr Notley-Smith said.

Changes will be made to other routes in the east, with improvements to reliability and service frequencies during off peak, evenings and weekends.

Improved service delivery will replace four routes that currently operate to Bondi Junction - the 382, X79 and X84 from North Bondi and 361 from Tamarama. The enhanced services will also see route changes for the L24, 380 and 381.

For more information on the changes visit www.transportnsw.info.

The service changes will commence on Sunday 23 September, 2018.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

It's laughably how TfNSW say 'More buses from the bridge to the beach to ease congestion'.
More seats available won't suddenly create a noticeable number of cars being absent from the roads in Sydney.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

...so what's the frequency on his amazing 333N overnight wonder route?

30 minutes ???

If so, the 380's been doing that for the past dozens of years!
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

They never claimed it to be a new fangled service.

From the original pdf:
• New route 333N replaces the current 380 overnight all stops service between North Bondi and City
• The service will run from 11pm until 6am operating at all stops
The reason for the number change is quite clear to me. The 380 no longer serves this corridor, with 333 being the sole flagship route; but it's not quite the 333 as it's all stops. Hence, 333N.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

"now it has a world-class service to match".............
only if the Eastern Suburbs constitute the entire world...
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Xplorer wrote:"now it has a world-class service to match".............
I wish they'd stop using that term (unless they mean third world, not first world). It might be world class if it had bus priority (lanes, traffic lights), all-door loading, 100% low floor buses and was able to run to timetable.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

333 the most iconic bus route in the world this blob never leaves her own bubble surely as its not even heard of in Parra HAHA

Listen Gabrielle lad a route is iconic and well known for starters if it's 24 high frequency and reliable. It's not like the 15 in London with there heritage buses on the route and normal standard buses with a very high frequency. Infact the 15 only has 28 buses allocated to it surprisingly i think the 192 in Manchester may have higher
moa999

Post by moa999 »

tonyp wrote: I wish they'd stop using that term (unless they mean third world, not first world). It might be world class if it had bus priority (lanes, traffic lights), all-door loading, 100% low floor buses and was able to run to timetable.
No need for a timetable.
It's all 'turn up and go' :-)
Stu

Post by Stu »

mandonov wrote:They never claimed it to be a new fangled service.

From the original pdf:
• New route 333N replaces the current 380 overnight all stops service between North Bondi and City
• The service will run from 11pm until 6am operating at all stops
The reason for the number change is quite clear to me. The 380 no longer serves this corridor, with 333 being the sole flagship route; but it's not quite the 333 as it's all stops. Hence, 333N.
I think the point was: why bother truncating the all stops 380 over night service and replacing it with a variation of the 333? - the all stops over night 333N.
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

Mandanov has already hit the nail on the head. The 380 will no longer be a service to Circular Quay, so retaining a purely overnight 380 is illogical and does nothing for legibility. On the other hand, the 333 is the primary service between North Bondi and Circular Quay, but to provide an all stops service the overnight trips are the 333N, which provides a clear indication to passengers that this is a derivative of the 333.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

https://www.facebook.com/gabrielleupton ... 595674590/ (that lone comment - poor, misguided voter that thinks these buses are 'brand new' and are asking if they're electric - adwrap goes a long way!)

So the new adwrap will fully cover the right side of the bendy buses, and most of the left (valuable pensioner priority front seat of course is excluded). I mean just saying, NSW Transport......what if......you covered the drivers windscreen with adwrap too? Oh wait

Pretty sure buses were designed with windows so passengers can look out of them, not so that ugly election material can be smeared on them, hindering passengers at the same time.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

They could of ad wrapped all-over the metrobus livery and not have to include the windows. I guess only us gunzels would be able to tell some of these adwrap buses are really red metrobuses.

Maybe they should ad wrap some P's metrobus units into a similar thing but instead for Anzac Parade & Allison Rd that will fool some voters.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Frosty wrote:They could of ad wrapped all-over the metrobus livery and not have to include the windows. I guess only us gunzels would be able to tell some of these adwrap buses are really red metrobuses.

Maybe they should ad wrap some P's metrobus units into a similar thing but instead for Anzac Parade & Allison Rd that will fool some voters.
Gunzel or not, you can also see that the air conditioning unit on the roof has been left red ;) shonky job.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

front with the ad wrap (no full picture yet)

swtt

Post by swtt »

Admin - no need to quote photo in previous post.

How many of these attics are wrapped? More like one for the purposes for readvertising the 333 as a Rapid route?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

I wonder if they'll be putting in Metrobus-style announcements (if not B-Line style) on 333 now.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Will the bus stop timetable will shown on 23rd of September on Eastern Suburbs area? Include the City?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Please repeat the question. I doesn't make sense
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

boronia wrote:Please repeat the question. I doesn't make sense
Sorry I mean: will the bus timetable will shown at the bus stop for 23rd of September?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Usually they are changed close to the date of service
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”