Private Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Linto63

Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Linto63 »

Notice that for the commencement of its region 6 contract, Transit Systems has four Gemiang bodied Scania K310UBs at Leichhardt.
burrumbus

Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by burrumbus »

Yes ,noted one in service today on Broadway.6770,I am pretty sure.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Linto63 wrote:Notice that for the commencement of its region 6 contract, Transit Systems has four Gemiang bodied Scania K310UBs at Leichhardt.
Plus 1 x Scania K310 with a Volgren (optimus) body. Fleet 5050 / rego CO 50 RC
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Noticed that one of the now Ex Sextons (Paterson) Scania K280IB A30 Higer was operating in Maitland this morning on a school run with Sextons Stickers still on it. Fleet Lists mentioned that as of 1/7/18 it was sold to Grace Coaches?

I thought they would've removed the Stickers for the new operator? I don't know if Sextons would like the new owner of the bus driving around with their old logo on it.

Sadly I was on another bus going past and only caught a brief glimpse of this bus so don't know if the accreditation been updated
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Very exciting, some new stuff already for this contract! Would love to see a photo or two of this new bus :D

Edit, never mind, saw the video linked on the franchising thread of the new bus. Cool, I’m very pleased and look forward to travelling on one when I get back, looks completely brand new than the usual STA shaped bus. Can only wish, but I’d love to see some Scania N series buses.

Anything ‘new’ is positive. Also see how we’ve returned to having a seat behind the driver instead of luggage space in the new bus which I can assure you, STA would make sure no such thing would happen? Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Ikarbus

Post by Ikarbus »

Observed gas Merc 1862ST in the city yesterday with a few changes at the rear end; the 40 speed limit sign has been relocated higher and covers the original desto box. The desto has been remounted inside the back window on the near side.
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

^ A few O500s have this setup at the back. It's been like that for quite a while now.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

Caught a 196 from north st ives to Gordon tonight. I was surprised to see this bus runs every 30 minutes until 11 now. Also surprised to see 10 people on it.

It was a very rattly bus with those gotham arches at the front and very narrow back door.

whenever I am near the route of those buses walking or on the bike or in the car, there seem to be a large proportion of buses running along which are not in service. it seems somehow inefficient.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

neilrex wrote:Caught a 196 from north st ives to Gordon tonight. I was surprised to see this bus runs every 30 minutes until 11 now. Also surprised to see 10 people on it.

It was a very rattly bus with those gotham arches at the front and very narrow back door.
Was this a CB80? Forest Coaches has a ton of them (most common one is a Volvo but some MANs as well) , they tend to dominate nowadays anytime offpeak, and personally, I’ve never liked them myself. The seats are all backbreaking stiff - in contrast, surprisingly, their Bustechs are pretty good in terms of comfort and how smooth they run.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Noticed TSA's Scania K310UB / Gemilang 6770 out on Leichhardt depot's route 431 carrying region 3 accreditation, perhaps these are just providing short term cover in region 6?
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

5050 was also on the 431 today will these gain m/o plates?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As a demonstrator which was with Transdev earlier this year, 5050 may not.
Living in the Shire.
Ikarbus

Post by Ikarbus »

Interesting must have been the last minute shuffling of STA buses and redistribution of ongoing deliveries.

Observed TSA Volvo B8 2941ST with STA Port Botany accreditation visible under the new TSA accreditation sticker, although fleetlists show this bus as Burwood.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Yes 2941 and other B8s had a very limited operation under STA Burwood before being handed over. The STA accreditation was not updated.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

While the operation of Metrobus liveried buses on non M routes and vice versa has long ceased to be worthy of reporting, TSA does seem to not be factoring in livery in its vehicle allocations. The Burwood M41 rigids, which rarely strayed, are now quite common on 48x services to the city, while plenty of blue and white Volvo bendies are out on M10/20/30/50s.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

5050 also has a Scania Euro 6 advert applied it's on Balmains as usual today.

Noted that a few "New" drivers are absolutely hammering the Volvo bendies to keep to timetable this also involves excessive horn usage around primarily China Town not complaining but this is the third bendi driver I assume is new who is really hammering the horn around the cbd.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

If the report of an on time cash prize are correct, not surprising. Whoever the irresponsible buffoon who thought that was a good idea should be hung drawn and quartered.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Linto63 wrote:While the operation of Metrobus liveried buses on non M routes and vice versa has long ceased to be worthy of reporting, TSA does seem to not be factoring in livery in its vehicle allocations. The Burwood M41 rigids, which rarely strayed, are now quite common on 48x services to the city, while plenty of blue and white Volvo bendies are out on M10/20/30/50s.
TSA did that when they started operating in region 3 with the T80 by using ex Brisbane Transport O500LE Volgren CR228Ls based at the temporary Moorebank depot instead of the buses handed over by the STA for use on the T80 witch included the 17 T80 DVA equiped B12BLE CB60s 1535-1551 that are now numbered 1210-1226 TSA might of disabled the next stop DVA on these buses some time in the last 5 years
mubd

Post by mubd »

I had a shocking experience on a Transit Systems operated 439 service on Monday afternoon. Everything goes smoothly from Mortlake to Five Dock, but then the driver changeover occurs.

This new driver gets on the bus and takes about 10 minutes to get the bus up and running. He banged on the fare terminal for whatever reason.

Then, the absolute worst part - he gets lost and uses Parramatta Road instead of Ramsay and Marion Streets. We skipped about 20 stops. The bus was very lightly loaded with mostly people going to the CBD. One of the passengers told him that he was going the wrong way, but I don't think he understood what they were saying (I think there was a big language barrier) so the passenger just got off the bus on Parramatta Road and we continued towards the city.

While he's bumbling down Parramatta Road, it's pretty plain to see that he's totally unfamiliar with the controls of the bus and is in way over his head. He kept attempting to move the bus while forgetting that the doors were opened (the interlock stopped him), and he had a total fear of overtaking any other buses for some reason, despite there being no passengers to be picked up or dropped off.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Did you send feedback to TfNSW?

Nothing will happen if you just bitch about it here
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
boeing
Favourite Vehicle: Airbus A380

Post by boeing »

^^ Well, you could report it, but unless this guy is dangerous or a serial offender, perhaps just consider it new starter nerves and move on.
Unless of course you also report every single time you have a good experience :D
Newcastle Flyer

School Hooligandays again

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Ikarbus

Post by Ikarbus »

Linto63 wrote:While the operation of Metrobus liveried buses on non M routes and vice versa has long ceased to be worthy of reporting, TSA does seem to not be factoring in livery in its vehicle allocations. The Burwood M41 rigids, which rarely strayed, are now quite common on 48x services to the city, while plenty of blue and white Volvo bendies are out on M10/20/30/50s.
Have similarly noted on M50 runs that Leichhardt depot is sending any and every type of bus.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Two stops at Rutherford West Mall that are serviced by Hunter Valley Buses have been closed until further notice due to hoodlum attacks

https://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/stor ... rs/?cs=171
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

TSA Kingsgrove's CB80 K280UB 2482 was sighted on 487 today still riding around with the 'Transport State Transit' logo.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”