Australia Day

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Australia Day

Post by Fleet Lists »

see map of vintage bus route https://www.australiaday.com.au/events/ ... s/#map-607

Special Event Vintage Buses

Sydney’s iconic Vintage Buses will operate in a loop of the city from 10:30 until 17:00 making stops at key destinations including Macquarie Street, Market Street, Clarence Street and Elizabeth Street. Services are free to use with a gold coin donation. See the bus stop map
Living in the Shire.
neilrex

Re: Australia Day

Post by neilrex »

On Australia Day, I used trip planner to plan a trip which I don't often take.

The first leg was a bus that runs very infrequently.

Not very impressed to be waiting 55 minutes for it, the driver who eventually turned up told me that the bus I was advised by trip planner to catch, was a weekday service, and they were running a sunday timetable.

Not sure why trip planner did not know this..... useless.

I also noticed that they were charging weekday fares, including peak period fares ! If you want to offer a very weak Sunday service, and you can't have Sunday fares, there should at least be Saturday fares ( off-peak all day ).

I also noticed that trains on the north shore line via Gordon were running every 30 minutes in one direction and every 15 minutes in the other direction. I dunno how that can work. In about 2 hours you would run out of trains.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

neilrex wrote: I also noticed that trains on the north shore line via Gordon were running every 30 minutes in one direction and every 15 minutes in the other direction. I dunno how that can work. In about 2 hours you would run out of trains.
I'd assume every 2nd train would return via Macquarie Park instead of Gordon.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

Well that can't work if 2 trains are running north and 4 are going south, they are soon going to run out of trains at Hornsby.

I was also at Strathfield and I noticed all the eastbound T1 trains there, were going to Macquarie Park and none towards Gordon.

I asked the worker loitering near the display, and he said I should catch a Macquarie Park train to Redfern, and change to a service towards Gordon there. Well that sure made sense.... not sure where a train to the north shore line is going to appear from at Redfern, if it didn't come from Strathfield.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”