Newcastle Transport

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Newcastle Transport

Post by Fleet Lists »

tonyp wrote:
I gather there's no actual bus station or interchange at the railway stations - the buses just drive by stops on both sides of the adjacent street? All seems like Hicksville stuff.
In timetables for routes which start and finish there it is called "Customs House Interchange, Newcastle"
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

There is no proper bus interchange at Central, either. Just a lot of bus stops scattered around nearby streets, depending on where you want to go. At least in Newcastle they will be on on the one street, with probably just two stops to choose from
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Yes, a proper bus interchange will be constructed on the Store site, directly adjacent the light rail stop.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:I wonder why the 30's were left out, & why the "on-demand bus" route isn't 51D?

Regarding that quote & the 111 from Westfield Kotara to Mayfield. That will from mid-Jan require routes:-
26 or 25, Westfield Kotara to Gully Line,
27 to near Waratah Village Shops &
24 to Mayfiled, and add
11 or 47 to Tighes Hill.

That's 4 (& 5 buses for some parts) buses instead of what should be just 1 bus route.
Or more likely would be to catch an 11 to NI then a 26 to Westfield.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

It looks like Queens Wharf is going to be terminus for buses that go via Watt St, but if that's the case, that means that the buses will have to u-turn if they continue onto another Watt St route, but IF that's the case, how do they expect buses to do a u-turn to access the Queens Wharf stop?

Looks like they won't be using the real Newcastle Station bus layover??
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:It looks like Queens Wharf is going to be terminus for buses that go via Watt St, but if that's the case, that means that the buses will have to u-turn if they continue onto another Watt St route, but IF that's the case, how do they expect buses to do a u-turn to access the Queens Wharf stop?

Looks like they won't be using the real Newcastle Station bus layover??
I imagine they'll continue to Merewether St roundabout to turn around. Also with just 4 routes servicing the area, the existing layover will be a bit overkill.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Hopefully videos are allowed in this part of the forum but I caught the Newcastle Transport Christmas bus on Friday (2078 ST) and my my they have done a splendid job on it.
https://youtu.be/pxhoFbWjiwY

I got it when the Christmas Grinch was driving it. Oh well at least he was in the Christmas spirit and wearing a Christmas hat. This is the furthest I've ever seen the Grinch come to liking Christmas.

I apologise if there are any ads. I don't make money from anything I upload and there is only ads because Youtubes Copyright ID bot detected Copyrighted music was playing and as such says "ads may appear on your video". Bit disappointing Ads have to have been slapped on my video even tho I'm making nothing from the videos and don't have monetization on. Well that is Youtube for you now days.

I'm planning to give it a 2nd run this year and grab more photos of it before it finishes for the year. The only ones I have so far is when it was pulling up to the Custom House and all but 2 are blurry (Only because I was jugging around filming the bus pulling up with my camcorder and trying to take photos on the DSLR at the same time)

Quick Edit: Just found out the hard way you can't embed videos that have had CC claims put on it :/
Unfortunately if you want to watch the video you'll just have to click the link above to view it.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

ScaniaGrenda wrote:I apologise if there are any ads. I don't make money from anything I upload and there is only ads because Youtubes Copyright ID bot detected Copyrighted music was playing and as such says "ads may appear on your video".
I don't get any ad notice at all, and no ads are shown on your video when I view it.

A source of mine claims that all the "40's" routes won't run on Sunday at all. But a person at the Keolis Downer information stand said that all bus routes will run everyday.

The advertising states "more services". Would I be correct in assuming (except for the high frequency routes) that they are counting say three buses where you now only need one bus as those "extra services"?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

At ScaniaGrenda, I just tested embedding your video, and you can embed it.
White lives matter too.
gascoyne

Post by gascoyne »

Newcastle Council (dominated by Labor) decided last night to re-zone the former rail corridor. That means that anyone who acquires land on the corridor can apply to build on it. Imposing restrictions on the land so that buildings had to be designed to allow a future restoration of services was not mentioned.

See http://www.theherald.com.au/story/51170 ... -rezoning/
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Presumably just confirming the earlier announcement by NSW Planning.
Newcastle Flyer

The other day I was contacted by a certain source. This person said they were told by Newcastle Transport(NT) that the Route 40 buses will operate only Monday to Friday. But I've also asked NT, & they told me that every route will run daily.

This person told me that the brochure has been updated since the brochure came out on Thursday 30 Nov & Mon 11 Dec but I don't see any change. The internet brochure still shows "a" after the date format of 20171130.
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I think they may be a bit premature - note it is dated 2nd January 2018
https://transportnsw.info/news/2018/upd ... e#homepage
Updated Newcastle timetables now available
Tuesday 02 January

You can now plan your new trip on Newcastle’s bus and ferry network, with new timetables released ahead of the network launch on Sunday 14 January.

Newcastle is set to receive 1,280 new bus and ferry services, better connections and increased frequency across Newcastle and eastern Lake Macquarie when the new network is introduced.

Your bus route may change. Most of the bus routes and timetables have been revised and new services will be added to the network to better meet your needs. To match the new network, most routes numbers will be simplified to double digits. School bus routes will not change.

High frequency bus services will run every 15 minutes on key corridors, while ferry services will also run every 15 minutes between Stockton and Newcastle. Three of the four core bus routes will also connect with the ferry service at Queens Wharf.

To see how these changes affect you visit newcastletransport.info.

Timetables are now available. Download a new timetable.

Plan your new trip for 14 January.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Three of the four core bus routes will also connect with the ferry service at Queens Wharf.
If all the four key routes, AND the ferry routes are every 15 minutes, then how can only three routes connect?
Timetables are now available. Download a new timetable.
Not available yet,

Also Campbell Mason has been replaced with Mark Dunlop: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/51375 ... sport-boss
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Article dated 2nd January which is the date on which I think the timetables become available. As I said before message posted somewhat prematurely.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
Three of the four core bus routes will also connect with the ferry service at Queens Wharf.
If all the four key routes, AND the ferry routes are every 15 minutes, then how can only three routes connect?
Have a look at the routes - the fourth core route 12 does NOT operate to Queens Wharf so how would you expect it to connect?
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:The other day I was contacted by a certain source. This person said they were told by Newcastle Transport(NT) that the Route 40 buses will operate only Monday to Friday. But I've also asked NT, & they told me that every route will run daily.

This person told me that the brochure has been updated since the brochure came out on Thursday 30 Nov & Mon 11 Dec but I don't see any change. The internet brochure still shows "a" after the date format of 20171130.
Go to map http://www.newcastletransport.info/the- ... int-anchor and click on the routes concerned for frequency operation.
Click on "Routes" at left and list of routes will display.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Oops, I forget about Route 12! Sorry about that chief!

Fleet Lists, I know about that page, but the article you quoted made it seem like the timetables were already out (ie: before they were due to become public)

But a contact of mine, that person stated that one of their contacts saw an actual timetable, (not just the overview page)
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Undoubtedly there are some leaked pre release copies around - official release is 2nd January.

At times I have received pre release copies for comment but I never mention that on this board.

And as I said they were premature in posting that page which carries a date of 2nd January.
Living in the Shire.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Did the tranaportnsw.info said "Newcastle Transport Bus and Ferry timetable PDF will available on 2nd of January 2018"? And also are they making new Bus and Ferry timetable now?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:I think they may be a bit premature - note it is dated 2nd January 2018
https://transportnsw.info/news/2018/upd ... e#homepage
They must have realised as the news item is gone now.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

To whoever entered data in the TfNSW trip planner. There is NO stop at King & Perkins St in either direction - even though there should be.
White lives matter too.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Well, send feedback to TfNSW. No one here can correct it.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:To whoever entered data in the TfNSW trip planner. There is NO stop at King & Perkins St in either direction - even though there should be.
It is not just a trip planner problem - various routes such as 222, 322, 310 and others all contain these stops in their relative timetables and maps. It is assumed you are referring to stops 230040 and 230042.

As I am not familiar with that part of Newcastle, there is not much I can do about it.

It will be interesting to see if these stops are still present in the new timetables which are due to come out next Tuesday.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Fleet Lists wrote:It is not just a trip planner problem - various routes such as 222, 322, 310 and others all contain these stops in their relative timetables and maps.
Some routes such as the 104 has this stop, yet the 320 & 224 etc don't have it. And it's the same with Google Maps.
Fleet Lists wrote:It is assumed you are referring to stops 230040 and 230042.
230040 is the King & Perkins Sts. I don't know what number these two "invisible" stops are meant to be.
Fleet Lists wrote:It will be interesting to see if these stops are still present in the new timetables which are due to come out next Tuesday.
The official timetables & maps including the new network don't show the King & Perkins St stops - in either direction.

Of note is that four route 20's buses & one through route are meant to start/go via from "opposite" Wickham Interchange, yet the bus stop on that side has been taken away due to the tram depot being built. They can't put a bus stop there at the moment for quite a while, BUT their is a temporary pink sign directing passengers to Hunter St somewhere.

The transport hub said they know about it, along with the "no right" turn at Mayfield West that Route 47 will need to take. The hub said they are still trying to "iron out" the errors!
White lives matter too.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”