Newcastle Transport

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Newcastle Transport

Post by boronia »

How much parking was available at the "old" Newcastle station?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

You should never expect passenger numbers to be spectacular in its first week of operation. Wait a few months for the patronage to grow and stabilise.

I actually found the wind protection to be pretty good, with glass screens running down the platforms.
Yerolo

Post by Yerolo »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Most passengers are still using either Hamilton or Broadmeadow or elsewhere instead of this "Wickham Interchange", especially due to lack of parking.
There is all day parking available on the western end of Honeysuckle Dr (at a cost) which is a stone's throw away from the Interchange...but depending on what time you get there you may struggle to find a spot. As stated though, it isnt really any better or worse than how it was at Newcastle station. I think most commuters have always preferred Broadmeadow when catching the Central Coast/Sydney train, the interchange was never going to change that.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

It Appears BCI's are now becoming a lot more common on the 110 shuttle route. I've already spotted a BCI Cityrider 12 operating it, Volvo VST's still appear to operate it as well.

I guess they either wanted to put the BCI's to use or there wasn't any VST's available so they've gone for the BCI instead.

Speaking off, has anyone actually ridden the BCI's from Newcastle Transport yet? How would you rate them if you have or have ridden on a Cityrider before?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Small Incident this morning on Newcastle Transport, Newcastle Shuttle Bus 110:

I was on the 110 Shuttle bus back to the Newcastle Interchange, the bus get's down to the first King Street / Cnr of Perkins Street bus stand, a guy hops on, didn't bother to ask the driver where exactly the bus was heading. Anyway as we get near the Big Newcastle Perm building, the guy comes up to the front of the bus and say's to the driver he wants to get off at Market town but driver says something along the lines of "Can't do that, I'm on train replacement and the 110 doesn't stop there". Guy sits down and then as the driver speeds past Mcdonalds King Street and while stopped at the lights. The passenger get's back up and swears at the driver and say's "Let me out here". Keep in mind we were at a red set of lights in the middle of a busy intersection and this clown wants to hop off. Anyway driver says no and get's into a bit of a swearing fest and the driver threw the F word around and this guy proclaimed he had an broken leg (Could be an "Invisible" thing on the inside but for a broken leg he didn't have a cast or anything). The guy try's to pull the front doors open but doesn't manage too (Luckily He missed seeing the emergency door release thankfully and had he found it he would delayed the bus and screwed up everything)

Get to the Newcastle Interchange and before the guy huffs off the driver says "Enjoy your walk back to Market town". Me and my friend had a bit of a laugh to the driver and praised him for sticking up for himself. I would of said something to the guy but last thing I want is to be knocked out or punched.

I sort of stuck up for the driver here, yes he lost he's cool but he was getting crap from an angry passenger that he couldn't control. The passenger should of asked the driver if it stopped at Market town and the driver would of said no and that would of been that. I have had instances in the past tho where asking the driver if this bus I'm catching goes to such and such and they'd given me a bit of attitude for it, I mean there isn't anything wrong with asking. Drivers are there to assist with any suitable questions you may have. Please Don't just leave it to the last minuet and then expect to be let out in the middle of a busy intersection.

I told the Bus controller at the interchange what happened and gave a witness statement. I didn't say what the driver did as I didn't want one of the probably good drivers getting into trouble. CCTV Probably caught what happened on the bus and I hope this passenger get's what's coming for him.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Small Incident this morning on Newcastle Transport, Newcastle Shuttle Bus 110:

I was on the 110 Shuttle bus back to the Newcastle Interchange, the bus get's down to the first King Street / Cnr of Perkins Street bus stand, a guy hops on, didn't bother to ask the driver where exactly the bus was heading. Anyway as we get near the Big Newcastle Perm building, the guy comes up to the front of the bus and say's to the driver he wants to get off at Market town but driver says something along the lines of "Can't do that, I'm on train replacement and the 110 doesn't stop there". Guy sits down and then as the driver speeds past Mcdonalds King Street and while stopped at the lights. The passenger get's back up and swears at the driver and say's "Let me out here". Keep in mind we were at a red set of lights in the middle of a busy intersection and this clown wants to hop off. Anyway driver says no and get's into a bit of a swearing fest and the driver threw the F word around and this guy proclaimed he had an broken leg (Could be an "Invisible" thing on the inside but for a broken leg he didn't have a cast or anything). The guy try's to pull the front doors open but doesn't manage too (Luckily He missed seeing the emergency door release thankfully and had he found it he would delayed the bus and screwed up everything)

Get to the Newcastle Interchange and before the guy huffs off the driver says "Enjoy your walk back to Market town". Me and my friend had a bit of a laugh to the driver and praised him for sticking up for himself. I would of said something to the guy but last thing I want is to be knocked out or punched.

I sort of stuck up for the driver here, yes he lost he's cool but he was getting crap from an angry passenger that he couldn't control. The passenger should of asked the driver if it stopped at Market town and the driver would of said no and that would of been that. I have had instances in the past tho where asking the driver if this bus I'm catching goes to such and such and they'd given me a bit of attitude for it, I mean there isn't anything wrong with asking. Drivers are there to assist with any suitable questions you may have. Please Don't just leave it to the last minuet and then expect to be let out in the middle of a busy intersection.

I told the Bus controller at the interchange what happened and gave a witness statement. I didn't say what the driver did as I didn't want one of the probably good drivers getting into trouble. CCTV Probably caught what happened on the bus and I hope this passenger get's what's coming for him.
Ugh I saw something similar on the N90 a few months back. Between Artarmon and Chatswood it has the misfortune to go by The Great Western Hotel, and f-wits keep asking the driver can you just drop me off there (it is NOT an official stop on the route). The driver said a similar thing, I can't sorry im on a train replacement and the train doesnt stop there, the little kiddies would still egg him on but he'd just say nope, sorry. Artarmon is your closest stop.

And the driver is right, I'm happy he did his job. Rules are rules, stops are stops, should be followed - and not made up on the spot when one feels like it. You have to remember you are actually inconveniencing everyone else that lives further along the route when you do this.

That being said, I'm glad the driver in your story didn't get physically abused, just wish there are more drivers like him and the N90 guy
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:I sort of stuck up for the driver here, yes he lost he's cool but he was getting crap from an angry passenger that he couldn't control. The passenger should of asked the driver if it stopped at Market town and the driver would of said no and that would of been that. I have had instances in the past tho where asking the driver if this bus I'm catching goes to such and such and they'd given me a bit of attitude for it, I mean there isn't anything wrong with asking. Drivers are there to assist with any suitable questions you may have. Please Don't just leave it to the last minuet and then expect to be let out in the middle of a busy intersection.
Good, so be it... people need to bloody do their research when they travel... or ask the bus driver....

Probs 4/10 times i board the E88/89 that happens...
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

And its nothing new - in the mid to late 1960s I lived in Cremorne and Mosman and often took 'first set down' buses from Wynyard and it was very noticeable that nearly every time you giot a short distance in Miller St from North Sydney Station the bell would ring. The drivers never bothered to stop.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Looks like Newcastle is now getting a Park & Ride bus service

The Herald: McDonald Jones Stadium to Newcastle CBD park and ride service unveiled http://www.theherald.com.au/story/50257 ... bd/?cs=305
A new park and ride service from Broadmeadow is expected to take up to 350 vehicles out of Newcastle CBD each weekday.

The initiative, which will be unveiled as a 12-month trial today, has been touted as a way to free-up car parks in the city, ease traffic congestion and save CBD workers as much as $1400 a year.

From Monday, people can park at McDonald Jones Stadium and catch a free bus to one of four stops in the city, between 6.30am and 8.30am – leaving every 15 minutes.

Buses will then collect commuters from stops near Customs House, the intersection of Perkins and King streets, Civic and Markettown every 15 minutes for the return trip to Broadmeadow, between 4.30pm and 6pm.

The plan is a partnership between Newcastle City Council, Transport for NSW, Newcastle Transport, Venues NSW, Revitalising Newcastle and Hunter Development Corporation. It will be free until January 29, when a $2 daily fee is introduced for parking at the stadium.

But the charge will be a 75 per cent saving for some commuters, who pay up to $8 a day to park in the Honeysuckle precinct while they go to work.

“It will take more than 300 commuter cars off the roads, promote public transport and free-up parking spaces for shoppers, which in turn assists business,” Revitalising Newcastle director Michael Cassel said.

Lord mayor Nuatali Nelmes said the service was part of council’s vision for an integrated transport plan.

“Park and ride is a solution developed by council with support from the state government that has the potential to ease demand on parking as our city grows,” Cr Nelmes said.

“Newcastle is undergoing significant renewal. It's a time of enormous change and we are working hard, as is the NSW government, to ensure the city remains open for business as it goes through this period of evolution.”

Newcastle council interim chief executive officer Jeremy Bath said the trial would show that there was demand for more public transport links between the suburbs and the CBD. He said strong uptake would support council’s push for Newcastle’s light rail network to be extended to Broadmeadow.

To use the service, commuters must first register for a free permit either online at newcastle.nsw.gov.au/parkandride or by calling council on 4974 2000.

There will be alternative park and ride locations for occasions when the Newcastle Jets or Knights have weekday evening clashes at the stadium.
Liamena

Post by Liamena »

I guess there are some people prepared to waste an hour of their time every day, to spend $2 on parking instead of $8. But perhaps not as many as they think.
boronia

Post by boronia »

It would be even better if people caught the bus/train from their home directly into the city. It is quite unproductive to have cars just sitting in a car park all day, wherever it is.
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Another two articles from the Herald Today on Newcastle Transport. 1 Story about Keolis Downer Wanting buses every 15 minuets on main routes, the other is the Park and Ride that started today.

Start with the K/D wanting buses every 15 minuets first (http://www.theherald.com.au/story/50367 ... es/?cs=305)
Private operator Keolis Downer says it will run bus services every 15 minutes on “key corridors” as part of its impending overhaul of the Newcastle Transport network.

The company will also “reassess” under-used services as it tries to lift Newcastle’s dismal public transport patronage.

Ferries will also run every 15 minutes under the company’s plan, which will be announced in full this month and implemented in January.

It did not say which routes would get the 15-minute bus service but has said it wants to improve connections between John Hunter Hospital, the university, Charlestown, Kotara, Wallsend and the CBD.

“With services every 15 minutes, you won’t need to check a timetable,” Keolis Downer’s Hunter chief executive officer, Campbell Mason, said in a statement.

“If you turn up to a bus stop on a frequent route between 7am and 7pm weekdays, the longest you will have to wait for a bus will be 15 minutes.

“We want to make it simpler for people to get where they want to go.”

Keolis Downer cited Australian Bureau of Statistics data on Monday showing only 3.1 per cent of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie commuters use public transport to support its new plan for the network.

The 2016 Census found 16 per cent of workers in NSW and 11.5 per cent nationally use public transport.

Seventy-five per cent of Novocastrians drive to work, significantly more than the state (62.1 per cent) and national (66.1 per cent) rates.

“We already know Newcastle’s public transport is not the first choice for people to get around, and this data confirms that improvements are needed and needed quickly,” Mr Campbell said.

“Opal data shows some bus routes are not well used, and these resources need to be assessed to see if we can make better use of them.

“Our job is to match demand to provide the best overall transport services across the greater Newcastle and Lake Macquarie community.”
I don't know if this will work but if it does I'm happy to give it a shot. Never ridden much of Newcastle Transport's fleet besides what's on 110 and the occasional bus I get into the CBD. If they run more often I'll be happy to catch them for the sake of it as I shouldn't be pressed worring if it's going to take x amount of time to get back to point a from point b.

Now for the Park and Ride story
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/50384 ... ty/?cs=305

Passengers' feedback positive after first day of park and ride service between Broadmeadow and Newcastle CBD
Commuters were positive in their feedback after the first day of Newcastle’s new park and ride service between Broadmeadow and the CBD.

Almost 100 people used the service on Monday, despite the rainy weather, which took workers from their cars at McDonald Jones Stadium and into the city in the morning, before it returned them in the afternoon.

Several commuters who spoke to the Newcastle Herald said they were pleased with the service and planned to use it again.

Though one passenger said an extra service in the morning, closer to 9am, would be beneficial for workers who started their day at 9.30am.

“It was easy, I got here at about 7am, walked straight up here and jumped on the bus and off we went,” said Todd Lloyd, who lives in Glendale and works in Hunter Street.

Newcastle City Council interim CEO Jeremy Bath said the level of patronage on day one was “a great result, given the inclement weather”.

Mr Bath said council would analyse passenger numbers in the coming weeks to determine whether it needed to “tinker with” the service’s start and finish times.

“Based on the positive feedback from commuters and the continuing increase in registrations, we expect to see patronage rise every day this week,” he said.

“Many people mentioned they were going to share their positive park and ride experience with their family, friends and colleagues.

“One of the interesting lessons learnt today was the number of people who were dropped off at the stadium and made use of the free bus ride.

“Council's view on this is the more people the better using public transport to access the CBD.”

Council, along with Newcastle Transport, Transport for NSW, Hunter Development Corporation, Venues NSW and Revitalising Newcastle, announced the new initiative last week.

It is expected to take up to 350 vehicles out of the CBD daily and save motorists as much as $1400 a year in parking fees.

Commuters must first register for a free permit either online at newcastle.nsw.gov.au/parkandride or by calling council on 4974 2000.
I agree with the first comment tho. Think an extra service at 9 would be appreciated. Maybe even going as far as 10 am and then after that the service doesn't start again till later in the afternoon. Sort of not being in the Newcastle CBD ATM I won't get a chance to ride this but if It was to operate a little later I'd be able to make it down to the CBD and give my own thoughts and views on it.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

One initiative borrowed from Perth, the other borrowed (well, taken away) from Wollongong - got to be good.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

More over use of the term turn up and go.
15min which can easily become 20-25min with late/early buses is not turn up and go.

Possibly 5min could be called that.

More important is to have real time tracking working and available.
Last edited by moa999 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

moa999 wrote:More important is to have real time tracking working and available.
This is such a common feature at bus stops in UK and European cities and I'm still puzzled why it hasn't been introduced here. I don't know about other Australian cities.
Transport: Buses
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech VST on Scania K280UB

Post by Transport: Buses »

Can someone please explain to me why the new Newcastle Transport BCI buses are not in TfNSW livery? Newcastle Transport seems to have also covered over the Transport Buses logo with their own logo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2306_ST.jpg. How is this allowed??
boronia

Post by boronia »

I think it has been explained previously that the BCIs belong to KD, being intended for another operation. They are only in Newcastle on a temporary basis.
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Transport: Buses wrote:Can someone please explain to me why the new Newcastle Transport BCI buses are not in TfNSW livery? Newcastle Transport seems to have also covered over the Transport Buses logo with their own logo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2306_ST.jpg. How is this allowed??
Heh, that's actually an photo of mine I took & uploaded to Wikipedia shortly after Keolis Downer took over the Newcastle State Transit Fleet. I have photos of the buses with the Newcastle Transport Buses logo and "Proudly operated by Keolis downer" you find on the side of the bus. I believe that white background was just temporary till they could make the decal transparent. All buses have now been fitted with the Newcastle Transport logo and none of them have State Transit markings anymore, at least from what I've seen out on the road and that's a majority of them.

I was going to use a BCI on the Newcastle Transport page but none of them have been fitted with a front Newcastle Transport decal (Still not yet either) so couldn't really use it. They do have the "Proudly operated" on the side of the bus tho.
boronia wrote:I think it has been explained previously that the BCIs belong to KD, being intended for another operation. They are only in Newcastle on a temporary basis.

Perhaps so, Looking both at Anytrip (Which is mostly accurate on the bus make and chassis tho mistakes Newcastle Transport's Volgren's CR228L's for an Optimus) and being in the CBD and Interchange in person it seems the BCI's have disappeared all of a sudden just when they were getting started up with them and the Volvo VST's have taken over the 110 Shuttle again. They're still at the Depot just not in use when I've seen them over the last week.

Probably about time I start posting photos of the Newcastle Transport buses I have including the BCI's.

I've seen the BCI's operating 110 (Which luckily I got a video of) and a school route but not really one of the main routes yet.
boronia

Post by boronia »

STA Sydney Buses reclaimed five buses it had loaned to Newcastle to operate the shuttle, when KD took over.

Presumably the BCIs will hang around until the trams start running
@ The Museum of Fire.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

I spent the day yesterday in Newcastle and tbh, I was pleasantly surprised with a fair few things up there!

Newcastle Interchange looks fantastic in my opinion. Really, I think theres nothing to complain about, visual piece of art, and I'm very happy they put Opal Gates instead of Opal Poles.

Keolis Downer itself, I can't actually comment on too much because I feel really nothings changed besides the stickers on the front of the bus. And also all the poor Sydney Trains sod employees that I assume lost their free travel on the employee Opal. THAT would be a real kick in the guts. Uniform, however, a clear and simple sky blue button up shirt looks way better and more professional - sorry Gladys, what you came up with for State Transit pales in comparison. Looks too much like what a father would wear to a little kids birthday party, but thats done and dusted

The fleet is looking great as well. In particular, they have a baby version of Sydney State Transits bendy Volvo Volgren CR228, and I think its a really nice bus, drives very well - really hope for the next STA order, they order some Volgrens! BCI was a nice, unique, touch. As for shuttle 110, I saw nothing but VSTs, but that is to be expected because the route has been shortened = less fleet needed. Also my favourite Volvo B12BLE CB60 (NOT the EVO2 version) is in abundance here, including older red striped livery, so thats really nice

What I'm not impressed with however, is, I think the amount of advertising on the buses is pretty disgusting. Every other bus had the entire right side fully covered. And I thought Sydney was bad, nope, makes Sydney looks good. Also, regarding the train ride home, any train you take after 7pm approx, is always an ALL STOPS all the way back to Sydney. That's pretty terrible in my opinion, home journey felt way too long in comparison to the limited stops on the way. Is stopping everywhere really necessary? Virtually no one was at the smaller stations after hours. And finally, the last train to Sydney from Newcastle is at....9:30pm? Seems awfully early (thankfully I made it!)
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:I spent the day yesterday in Newcastle and tbh, I was pleasantly surprised with a fair few things up there!

Newcastle Interchange looks fantastic in my opinion. Really, I think theres nothing to complain about, visual piece of art, and I'm very happy they put Opal Gates instead of Opal Poles.
For me as an enthusiast the opal gates are a bit of an annoyance which means if you are here to film trains but not catch them you need to have a opal ticket of some kind to exit / enter the station. On opening day this year it was an annoyance leaving to get lunch and tapping off at the barrier to get through then coming back from lunch tapping back on at the barrier to get back in.

I had all my camera equipment with me a couple of weeks back (there as a visit this time, not catching a train) and I tapped off at the barrier to which it opened but my tripod bag hit the side of the machine which made me stop and by the time I fixed it up the gate shut on me again so I was forced to tap back on again at my expense and exit. No staff (even transit guards who were near by and looking at the barriers)bothered to help. Sort of my own fault I guess but if you are carrying luggage on your back and you can't fit through the gate with it or it hits the machine and it closes before you can properly exit, it can become an annoyance and make you a little grumpy.

summed up here is how it went

Visited Newcastle Interchange tapped on at the barrier to get into the station, filmed for a bit and then made an exit. tapped off (reverse tap off) at the barrier but my equipment hit the barrier which made me stop, gate closes before I can properly exit and I'm forced to tap on again which now has deducted money from my account. Couldn't tap back off (Already tapped on said the machine) so I had to go to Hamilton station to tap off. Pretty annoying.
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Keolis Downer itself, I can't actually comment on too much because I feel really nothings changed besides the stickers on the front of the bus.
A bit has changed, buses seem to be running a little later or late (See Newcastle herald for reports on this) and some of the drives are the most downer (No pun) people you could come across (I had one driver that got grumpy at me for Asking him a question and the same driver who sit in he's seat and didn't put the wheelchair ramp down for an elderly lady with her trolley, I wish I reported him but alas didn't.) In the remaining time I had with Newcastle Buses a majority of the drivers were friendly

I feel like since Keolis Downer has taken over the STA fleet I've seen less buses. Like I mentioned in my recent photo thread for photos I took of the Newcastle Transport fleet, I said to another member I've only seen one Volvo with a Custom Coaches 238 body this year (there's 3 i think), I still haven't seen the recent Scania L113CRL Orana that was sent down here and haven't seen the two Mercedes Oranas they have for over a year now (And I'm in Newcastle every week so you would think I would of come across them now)

I think Newcastle was the last STA Based depot to operate the old MAN Oranas. They still operate like the Volvo Oranas.
Jurassic_Joke wrote:BCI was a nice, unique, touch. As for shuttle 110, I saw nothing but VSTs,
Spotted a BCI Citirider 12 today operating a route 111 to somewhere in Newcastle (didn't catch full dest)

As for the 110 you sadly (Depending if you even like the BCI's) missed them operating the 110. I rode one of them which I filmed and uploaded to my Youtube channel. Clean and nice but the indicator has an annoying beep. Can't say anything for the only Proma LF since I haven't been lucky enough to ride it yet. I Did spot it at the Interchange the same day I filmed the Citirider operating 110 but it was just parked there with no driver and a blank destination. I came back a little later on to the Interchange and saw it still sitting there. Most of been a stand by bus or something.

They should be back operating the 110 soon. If there's a shortage of VST's there's a chance one of the BCI's will do the 110 shuttle.
boronia

Post by boronia »

If you go into a "paid area" of a station, you must have valid ticket, even if you are not travelling. Nowadays, this means tapping on/off each time you enter or leave. Years ago you had to BUY a "platform ticket" if you weren't travelling; now it is at least free for 20 minutes.

If you go back in and out as you described you are not charged, your tap on is reversed. The wide gates are provided for people with excessive baggage, I'm sure Newcastle would have at least one. My observations are that gates are "directional" as far as tapping on/off are concerned.

And aren't you required to get permission to loiter around platforms to take photo's?
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

boronia wrote:If you go into a "paid area" of a station, you must have valid ticket, even if you are not travelling. Nowadays, this means tapping on/off each time you enter or leave. Years ago you had to BUY a "platform ticket" if you weren't travelling; now it is at least free for 20 minutes.

If you go back in and out as you described you are not charged, your tap on is reversed. The wide gates are provided for people with excessive baggage, I'm sure Newcastle would have at least one. My observations are that gates are "directional" as far as tapping on/off are concerned.

And aren't you required to get permission to loiter around platforms to take photo's?
I've spoken to Trains INFO, filmed at many manned stations and never had a staff member approach me about filming or taking photos. It is actually quite friendly down here on the Hunter Line (Even on to towards the Newcastle - Central coast line)

Trains INFO said I was fine with what I was doing as long as I wasn't partaking in any dangerous activities or causing disruption. (I tend to stick out of the way of people and go to the front or back carriage which also depends on the station to film and photo, never really stick in the middle unless I have a good reason too)Station staff don't seem to care. Heck on the day Newcastle Interchange opened I was there from morning till a bit of the afternoon (with the lunch break in between) and none of the staff got hissy with me being there all day in fact I even had staff that wanted me to take photos of them along side of the trains so I did :P

Yes the Sydney trains website mentions a little differently and I did come across this but more so for business / professionals use. I'm Just an enthusiast doing this for fun and not making any money from it
https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney ... ney-trains

Can't find anything to do with NSW Trainlink and the link above only mentions professional / commercial filming and photography. As long as you are not making a profit or being a pest the station staff down here don't seem to care whether you film or photograph of hang around for the day doing train spotting.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

boronia wrote:
Publicly accessible areas are all OK for photography
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But is a station area enclosed by gates considered as a publicly accessible area in this context?
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”