New Double Deckers.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: New Double Deckers.

Post by Swift »

I should have known shouldn't I? If there was ever a zombie apocalypse, would you notice? Yes, they would look more alive.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Additional Transdev and CDC Bustech deckers are now being prepared for delivery shortly.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Sydney_Buses_CB60
Favourite Vehicle: STA Volvo B12BLE CB60 #1504(F)

Re: Deckers on T80 and M92 and others

Post by Sydney_Buses_CB60 »

tonyp wrote:
gilberations wrote:Would it not make more sense to put the bendys on the T-Way routes?
The benefit of using deckers has been covered in two threads now - seats! They should save the (three-door) artics for services like Bondi Beach and the 400. The Gong shuttle sure could use them too. Some of these services like Bondi Beach should be run exclusively by artics.
They can't use artics on the 400 because they'll get stuck on the bump/s at Eastgardens.
The One & Only
gld59

Post by gld59 »

They don't actually get stuck, but the turntable cover plates inside the vehicle come up. (I'm not sure whether that's a matter of not dropping down far enough as the turntable goes over the crest, or getting stuck in a raised position after the turntable has gone through the trough at either end of the hump - I think it's the latter.)

The problem can be avoided by routing 400/410 buses from BJ around the other end of the building, but that requires finding an acceptable spot for a new stop, in either Westfield Dr or Banks Av. (There was a stop for these routes many years ago in Banks Av, but that location has traffic issues.)

gld

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”