2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
VivalaBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K310UB, Volvo B7RLE

Re: 2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Post by VivalaBuses »

Frosty wrote:Looking at the new stop arrangements at Wynyard I guess inbound Hillsbus & Forest services Wynyard becomes set down only. Would be handy if they provided something similar for Bondi Jn interchange.
The map in question is obviously referring to the stand arrangements for the outbound direction
Jurassic_Joke wrote:I believe its already set down only .

Sadly it reeks too much of

"We dont want people catching another bus to Town Hall and paying nothing extra, they should instead catch a peak hour train one stop and pay a further $1.52 for the privilege"
Incorrect. M20/30/40 run between Wynyard and Town Hall, and will continue to do so post 26/11. Also, Hillsbus and Forest services do not have pick up restrictions at Wynyard now nor after 26/11 - a quick check of the timetable or journey planner would have told you that.

:roll: But let's continue pretending to be smart by being cynical... :roll:
Time for a new signature!
moa999

Post by moa999 »

And the 311/324/325 albeit not technically a Wynyard Stand stop (listed as York St at Wynyard St)
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

VivalaBuses wrote:Looking at the new stop arrangements at Wynyard I guess inbound Hillsbus & Forest services Wynyard becomes set down only. Would be handy if they provided something similar for Bondi Jn interchange.
The map in question is obviously referring to the stand arrangements for the outbound directionI believe its already set down only .

"We dont want people catching another bus to Town Hall and paying nothing extra, they should instead catch a peak hour train one stop and pay a further $1.52 for the privilege"
Incorrect. M20/30/40 run between Wynyard and Town Hall, and will continue to do so post 26/11. Also, Hillsbus and Forest services do not have pick up restrictions at Wynyard now nor after 26/11 - a quick check of the timetable or journey planner would have told you that.

Well if you go now to Wynyard Park now and look at a current departure stand you’ll see indeed Stand M where the Hills and Forest buses inwards stop at, it’s listed as set down only. Do you reckon that means boarding is permitted?
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Liamena wrote:Strange that the diagram there lists 4 numbered exits from Wynyard but there are 5 on the map.
And one not on the map
swtt

Post by swtt »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
VivalaBuses wrote:Looking at the new stop arrangements at Wynyard I guess inbound Hillsbus & Forest services Wynyard becomes set down only. Would be handy if they provided something similar for Bondi Jn interchange.
The map in question is obviously referring to the stand arrangements for the outbound directionI believe its already set down only .

Well if you go now to Wynyard Park now and look at a current departure stand you’ll see indeed Stand M where the Hills and Forest buses inwards stop at, it’s listed as set down only. Do you reckon that means boarding is permitted?
I have boarded from there before without an issue. Drivers aren't fussed as long as you pay the fare and don't cause trouble.

Basically what is reasonable and sensible.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
VivalaBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K310UB, Volvo B7RLE

Post by VivalaBuses »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Well if you go now to Wynyard Park now and look at a current departure stand you’ll see indeed Stand M where the Hills and Forest buses inwards stop at, it’s listed as set down only. Do you reckon that means boarding is permitted?
Officially, inbound CDC buses pickup from Stand J, Transdev buses from Stand K and Forest buses from Stand L, so yes boarding is permitted at Wynyard Park. Functionally, Stands J-N form one giant bus stand so it would be reasonable that these particular buses also pickup at whichever stand they pull up into rather than stop twice, particularly in the AM peak when kerbside capacity is at a premium. From experience, the drivers don't have any problems with boarding there either.

As an aside, Stand L is signed Arrivals Only yet inbound Forest buses are officially timetabled to pick up from there too. This is a byproduct of the info and signage at Wynyard being simplified and geared towards outbound passengers. The signage direct passengers wishing to go to Town Hall or other city stops to Stand H for the M20/30/40 while passengers that have planned their trip or are simply "in the know" (i.e. a regular commuter) can use the CDC/Forest/Transdev services as well - I think this is a good compromise to keep signage concise.
Time for a new signature!
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

It's similar to how some stations of the London Underground direct interchanging passengers the long way around to control crowds.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/stor ... ul/?cs=300

As if journeys aren't slow enough already.

The interchange system works well in Perth where train and bus services are fast and frequent, but if they're not, there will be a lot of discontented users.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

There was a story tonight on 9 news about the timetable changes one of the major changes will be the axing of the 16:02 Southern Highlands service from Central to Goulburn witch means Campbelltown will be twice as busy in the afternoon peak if there isn’t that afternoon direct Highlands line service from Central
thunderbird

Post by thunderbird »

Looking at the timetable - it doesn't appear to be axed.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

thunderbird wrote:Looking at the timetable - it doesn't appear to be axed.
1601 service is in the timetable.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Aurora wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Looking at the timetable - it doesn't appear to be axed.
1601 service is in the timetable.
If the 16:02 Southern Highlands line service to Goulburn is leaving Central 1 minute earlier then what it currently is then why did 9 news say it was getting axed
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Haven't you learned by now that the press and TV get a lot of things wrong? Just do not believe everything they publish until confirmed. I am also surprised that you did not check the new timetable before posting in the first place.
Living in the Shire.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
Aurora wrote:1601 service is in the timetable.
If the 16:02 Southern Highlands line service to Goulburn is leaving Central 1 minute earlier then what it currently is then why did 9 news say it was getting axed
Because they don't know what they are talking about?
M 5885.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Aurora wrote: Because they don't know what they are talking about?
They probably read it somewhere, so it must be true!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Like they did with the peak hour fare times where they got it wrong because the hours they read about related to operational peak hours and not fare peak hours.
Living in the Shire.
Free Lance
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O305, m/o 3021

Post by Free Lance »

Ok so the 16.02 is CANCELLED, but the 16.01 is a new service. NEVER let the facts get in the way of a good story

A NEW SERVICE always sounds good, never mind about alterations (whoops they never happen) so for publicity the facts can give a different story
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Fleet Lists wrote:Like they did with the peak hour fare times where they got it wrong because the hours they read about related to operational peak hours and not fare peak hours.
To be fair, that poster was very confusing and I suspect the majority of people who read it thought that the fares for off-peak times was changing. Your average public transport user is not going to know what operational peak and fare peak hours is - they see what is written on the poster which is basically peak hour is being extended from Nov 26.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I don’t know if it’s STA or TfNSW that is responsible for placing notices at bus stops along Botany Rd but I noticed there was no mention of express services stopping at Green Square not much use if people don’t know the express stops at Green Square. I hope they at least informed drivers.
sydneysider

Post by sydneysider »

I've noticed that Cumberland line services in both directions will be stopping on platform 3 at Parramatta. Does anyone know what the reason for this would be?

I had a quick look and platform 4 appears to be free when the northbound Cumberland line service pulls into platform 3 - so would be interested to know what the rationale is!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Possibly because T2 services will be terminating on Platform 4?
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

That is correct but the platform number will change dependant on time of day as they will switch a few times.
M 5885.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Transport Info is a day ahead of itself. Today it is only showing timetables from 26/11/2017 with today's timetables not available.
Living in the Shire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Fleet Lists wrote:Transport Info is a day ahead of itself. Today it is only showing timetables from 26/11/2017 with today's timetables not available.
So is Hillsbus. They've jumped the gun a day early and posted their new Network Map (with the truncated route 630 to Epping) a day early.
https://www.cdcbus.com.au/images/files/ ... rk_Map.pdf
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Tonymercury wrote:
Aurora wrote: Because they don't know what they are talking about?
They probably read it somewhere, so it must be true!
In The Telegraph??
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”