Private Operators - June 2017

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Private Operators - June 2017

Post by Richard290 »

Caught a Blacktown bound 630 from Macquarie University yesterday at around 4:45pm en route to my home in Carlingford. Bus ran 20 min later than timetabled, which meant there were two westbound 630s within ten minutes of each other.
Also, when the bus reached Shalom Nursing Home (stop 211317) at the Balaclava Rd exit of Macquarie Uni, TfNSW officers stormed the bus to check Opal Cards and concessions. They caught a guy who forgot his student ID, because he could not prove that he was entitled to a concession Opal.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
circleroute
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE-Artic

Re: Private Operators - June 2017

Post by circleroute »

Wouldn't happen in Perth (where I now drive buses) .. this place must be the weakest in the country for checking on (and penalising) bus fare evaders. In fact, a driver can and usually will be disciplined for asking for proof of concession if the passenger complains. Yet train fare evasion is almost over the top with ticket checks and fines for fare evasion. I'll bet the privatised parts of Sydney's system are also slack on fare evaders. After all, the private companies get their bucks for covering the run, so they don't care .. less ripples mean better chances of winning next tender.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
BDAT

Post by BDAT »

I do not know much about Perth but you also do not know much about Sydney.
The bus service in question is operated by a private company. Transport officers and Police can check any bus or train at any time.
Who operates it does not matter. :)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

circleroute wrote:Wouldn't happen in Perth (where I now drive buses) .. this place must be the weakest in the country for checking on (and penalising) bus fare evaders. In fact, a driver can and usually will be disciplined for asking for proof of concession if the passenger complains. Yet train fare evasion is almost over the top with ticket checks and fines for fare evasion. I'll bet the privatised parts of Sydney's system are also slack on fare evaders. After all, the private companies get their bucks for covering the run, so they don't care .. less ripples mean better chances of winning next tender.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The TNSW transport officers check all trains and buses including the private operators at random witch means they can turn up anywhere any time for random suprise checks on fare evading
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act ... bc01c5d20b

Happened at 3am last night involving a man stepping out of a car in the middle of the intersection of Bathurst and Elizabeth. The man was dragged under a Bustech VST on route N100, I think operated by Transdev according to pics on website.
Roderick Smith

Man hit by bus in Sydney dies.

Post by Roderick Smith »

Man hit by bus in Sydney dies.
Australian Associated Press Sat.17.6.17.
A man has died after being hit by a bus while getting out of a car in Sydney's CBD.
The man, aged in his 30s, died on Bathurst Street after getting out of the passenger side of the car at around 3am on Saturday, police say.
They are speaking to the bus driver.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... e08711d19a
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A later report from the Telegraph includes this
A MAN was struck and killed by a bus in Sydney overnight after stepping out of a Uber car which was stopped at a congested intersection.

The 30-year-old man stepped out of a stationary Uber vehicle and into the path of a moving bus on Bathurst St, near Elizabeth St, about 3.15am today.

Two friends of the man were also believed to have been in the car when it had stopped at traffic lights.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Which company operates the N100?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Transdev as Sunnyyan suggested. From Mt Kuringai I believe.
Living in the Shire.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Correct Lourie.Terrible accident.
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Post by lunchbox »

Kingsgrove bus noted driving around Olympic Park last night (State of Origin) with a mangled passenger door.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Saw what looked to be an ex Busways early mk88 body style Mercedes 0405 of early 1990s vintage on Elizabeth St, near Central Station in a red AOA like livery for Hillsong Church and black wheels.
Looked almost unrecognisable!
Is Busways on a mass sell off programme of their venerable 0405 fleet?
It will be interesting to see the various outfits that get their slimy hands on these quality machines.
Hillsong probably don't appreciate what a gem they got here... yet. Better than what this worshipper of all things money and material deserves!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

I think you'll find that this is one of several purchased by them from CDC a year or two ago.

These would have been the ones purchased by Westbus when they took over Calabros of Bonnyrigg.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Are you sure they are all ex CDC Westbus units which all had the Mercedes made W3-whatever gearbox?
It sounded like it had a ZF to me as it took off and had that deeper bark from the engine the slightly later Busways units have.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”