STA Privatisation / Franchising

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Re: STA Privatisation / Franchising

Post by J_Busworth »

Stu wrote:The latest rumour involving route 400:
- Route 400 will remain as a Region 9 route and operate between BJI and Rockdale via Airport.
- New route 420 for Region 6 to operate between Burwood and Eastgardens via Airport.
- Route 410 will most likely be discontinued.
I can see this happening. Hopefully this will allow for a rapid frequency on the 400 and 24 hour operation. I would imagine Eastgardens-Bondi junction short runnings would continue under this scenario, with a 15 minute all day frequency through to Rockdale. Route 420 would presumably have a lower frequency and likely doesn't need 24 hour running.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ The BJI - Eastgardens shuttles are busy during the day so I could also see them still operating although maybe not as many as there are now due to the impending route restructure.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:^ The BJI - Eastgardens shuttles are busy during the day so I could also see them still operating although maybe not as many as there are now due to the impending route restructure.
Hopefully with a crap load more extended to Rockdale.

I'm hoping the 420 will also have a daytime 15 min frequency. But would that be dreaming?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

boronia wrote:
Stu wrote:
I'm unsure of the exact frequency although it would have to be increased as the long 14.5 buses haven't much more life in them so when they go, so to do those extra seats, an increased frequency would take care of the removal of the 14.5's plus provide even more seats compared to now to deal with future growth.
I'm not a regular user of the R6 section of the 400, so I can only comment that when I traveled here, the long bus has been a bit of a waste, and standards have coped with the loadings. I figured the 14.5s are more necessary on the R9 leg between BJI and Eastgardens. Perhaps there are peak periods where they are necessary?

I see 14.5m buses are necessary between Mascot/Airport and Eastgardens as even during peak hour the 400 only has a 20 minute frequency from personal observation usually most of the seats are taken. But maybe some bendy buses could be used but that would require using Banks Avenue instead of Eastgardens lower level.

15min daytime frequency on the 400 to Rockdale would work considering 7-8 frequency between Eastgardens & BJI so 2 out 3 would go to Rockdale instead now 1 in 3.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Frosty wrote:
I see 14.5m buses are necessary between Mascot/Airport and Eastgardens as even during peak hour the 400 only has a 20 minute frequency from personal observation usually most of the seats are taken. But maybe some bendy buses could be used but that would require using Banks Avenue instead of Eastgardens lower level.

15min daytime frequency on the 400 to Rockdale would work considering 7-8 frequency between Eastgardens & BJI so 2 out 3 would go to Rockdale instead now 1 in 3.

That crap 20 min peak frequency between Burwood <-> Eastgardens even during the peaks has been there forever, until the 410 came along.

Well overdue for an upgrade.
J_Busworth

Post by J_Busworth »

swtt wrote:
Frosty wrote:

That crap 20 min peak frequency between Burwood <-> Eastgardens even during the peaks has been there forever, until the 410 came along.

Well overdue for an upgrade.
If the 410 is to be abolished as has been alluded to, then the need for a more frequency Bondi - Rockdale 400 would become more apparent.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:What time would the Offical STA to Transit Systems handover of region 6 happen as some routes in region 6 will run into the early hours of Sunday July 1st
I would presume that when a bus is on the road after midnight then it would be still operating under STA control as the trip commenced under control of STA, once the trip is completed it would constitute a kpi requirement as expected by TfNSW. Once the bus physically returns to the depot, then it will be officially under control by the new operator. There would be a similar situation between the two respective radio rooms when answering calls (NCC and OCC), OCC would have to have a special shift to monitor buses from 00:00 into the early AM.

There would be a joint supervision plan between the three parties concerned to ensure a smooth transition in the hours leading up to midnigh and after as well.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Stu wrote:The latest rumour involving route 400:
- Route 400 will remain as a Region 9 route and operate between BJI and Rockdale via Airport.
- New route 420 for Region 6 to operate between Burwood and Eastgardens via Airport.
- Route 410 will most likely be discontinued.
If they are doing all that, will they remove the unnecessary deviation to Anzac Pde between Eastgardens and the nine ways? I'm guessing not.

More to the point, isn't the overlapping nature of the proposal leading to higher costs?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

The overlapping part is a high demand sector that merits said overlap. I think this is a very smart outcome.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

simonl wrote: If they are doing all that, will they remove the unnecessary deviation to Anzac Pde between Eastgardens and the nine ways? I'm guessing not.
It is not unnecessary. there is a lot of traffic between Randwick - Maroubra Junction - Eastgardens and beyond.

Eastgardens to Maroubra often provides faster connections to Central or CBD than waiting for a 391 or 392.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

simonl wrote: If they are doing all that, will they remove the unnecessary deviation to Anzac Pde between Eastgardens and the nine ways? I'm guessing not.
You need to travel on the 400 before you say that.
J_Busworth

Post by J_Busworth »

Maroubra Junction is one of the largest patronage generators along the whole route, I wouldn't call it unnecessary.
Swift

Post by Swift »

It's like saying the deviation via the airport terminals are unnecessary instead of just shooting straight past via Qantas Dr. Ridiculous.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

all the recent transfers into Tempe still retain there oiginal depot details eg 1701 Ryde and 2001 North Sydney are they loans or transfers?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Undoubtedly transfers. As the information will again change next Sunday when TSA takes over, it is not worth changing it for a couple of days.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

All R6 buses are undergoing inspections (by Transit Systems) Mon - Fri & Sat between 08:00 - 16:00. Handover proceedings are tipped to commence from 16:00 on Saturday.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

So is 2933 & 2941 Volgren B8s at L are they on loan or transfer since it would be weird to have just two of them ?
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

There are more to come. There are still a couple of last minute adjustments to allocations as well.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Further to what I have posted in http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... s#p1028826 and an earlier thread pointed to from there, all Metropolitan and Outer Metropolitan bus timetables are being refreshed on 9th July at the start of the school holidays. Exceptions at this stage are regions 6 and 9. Region 6 needs earlier Transit Systems timetables for obvious regions from 1st July but a software problem has prevented these new timetables being put up until late Saturday. Region 9 may haves a similar problem possibly because of routes 400 and 410.
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Noticed a few region 6 buses out and about without front window run number displays. A planned removal or perhaps some other STA depots building up some stock before transferring vehicles to region 6 depots?
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Recent transfers.
J_Busworth

Post by J_Busworth »

Noticed quite a few K CB80s wearing full TSA stickers and rego. Getting a bit ahead of themselves!
Swift

Post by Swift »

J_Busworth wrote:Noticed quite a few K CB80s wearing full TSA stickers and rego. Getting a bit ahead of themselves!
That's good. A company that is proactive!
LB608

Post by LB608 »

if change over was 4pm today as was mentioned here earlier no they not getting a head of themselfs
eBlog42

STA Privatisation / Franchising

Post by eBlog42 »

Not 100% good quality, one of the buses along parramatta rd

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”