Lost bag eastern suburbs x73 bus

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
MissRyan

Lost bag eastern suburbs x73 bus

Post by MissRyan »

Hi, I left a blue rucksack on the x73 bus on Thursday 6 April. Rang the Waverly depot but no luck. They said they can't contact the driver to see if he found it. Does anyone know I could do this? Thanks
rogf24

Re: Lost bag eastern suburbs x73 bus

Post by rogf24 »

There's not exactly much you can do about lost property. All you can do is hope that someone will hand it over to the bus driver or they spot it. Keep calling the depot for updates.

I've got a lost property story though, I was once on an E69 last year and a few young fellas who just came out of juvenile detention (they were speaking very loudy about it) found a wallet that slipped out of high school student's pocket, emptied it of its contents debit cards, cash, small family photos (they joked whether anyone wanted a new family so someone took it) and all, except for her student ID and left it on the seat. OTH, many years ago, one of my family members lost her wallet at Liverpool station and she managed to get it back with everything inside. You kind of expect the reverse to happen given the reputation of the places, I was never directly threatened on the E69 incident but I've never felt so unsafe on public transport and it was in the Northern Beaches of all places, not in Liverpool or Western Sydney.

So as long as something like the E69 incident didn't happen, chances are you could get it back but it's not guaranteed.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

X73 is more likely a Randwick depot run. Did you contact them?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
OKO

Post by OKO »

Lost Property, in the East, normally makes its way to Waverley overnight. There are, of course, exceptions to this. Having lost it on a Thursday, it should be at Waverley by Monday morning or not at all.

Most LP gets handed in and dealt with fairly efficiently.

Once the restructure occurs, and as is currently slated that all LP goes to North Sydney, it remains how they will cope with it. Waverley LP are incredibly under pressure, with hundreds of items each week.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Well it would make sense Waverley serving the busiest region of STA and Sydney it serving a large area there would be large amount of lost property. Imagine loosing a phone and having for example travel all the way from Mona Vale to North Sydney to pick up lost property. Must be wonder how does Sydney Trains do it they have one lost property centre.

Does STA charge for picking up lost property or plan to charge for it ?
chucky

Post by chucky »

how does any one that the driver actually found it or it even handed to the driver by a passenger. How does anyone know that a passenger could have picked it up & taken it from the bus. when someone leaves a bag or anything on a bus one assumes it is automatically found by the driver or handed to the driver by an honest passenger.
OKO

Post by OKO »

Not all LP gets recovered. As you say, some is taken by other people.
If the passenger who lost an item makes a report to that effect at a Police station, the Police may chose to issue an IASK request for CCTV footage of the incident. Even then they may not recognise, or be able to identify for future reference,the person from the footage.
jpp42

Post by jpp42 »

Frosty wrote:Must be wonder how does Sydney Trains do it they have one lost property centre.

Does STA charge for picking up lost property or plan to charge for it ?
Sydney Trains previously could send your lost property to a local staffed station for pickup. Does anyone know if they still do that? Of course, staffed station hours are much less than what they once were.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”