New TransportNSW.info Website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by Fleet Lists »

Of the CDC operators Hunter Valley Buses is still using links to their own PDF's for their new timetables.
On the other hand Blue Mountains Transit for their new timetables to Transport Info but use a different approach to Hillsbus and Interline.
Blue Mountains link to the Transport Info timetable selection page so that no changes will be required to the links if different versions of the timetables are uploaded.
On the other hand Interline and Hillsbus link direct to the timetable PTF where the URL will change every time a new timetable version is uploaded but also when the next lot of school holiday timetables are uploaded about two weeks before the school holidays when initially the URL of the school term timetable is changed and the URL is again changed when the school holiday timetable becomes the current timetable and the same process again at the end of the school holidays.
Using the timetable selection page is also more flexible in that when there are more than one version available the user can make their selection of which one they want so the Blue Mountains approach is much preferred.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Maps showing the changes which will take place tomorrow are now also included in all train/coach and Sydney Ferry timetables.
There are separate maps as follows Sydney Trains, Intercity Trains, one for each of the four regional train/coach regions and one for Sydney Ferries.
Living in the Shire.
MLVD

Post by MLVD »

The state of play just moments before sydneytrains.info went down:
Capture.jpg
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It is back up now s it has not died just yet.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:Of the CDC operators Hunter Valley Buses is still using links to their own PDF's for their new timetables.
On the other hand Blue Mountains Transit for their new timetables to Transport Info but use a different approach to Hillsbus and Interline.
Blue Mountains link to the Transport Info timetable selection page so that no changes will be required to the links if different versions of the timetables are uploaded.
On the other hand Interline and Hillsbus link direct to the timetable PTF where the URL will change every time a new timetable version is uploaded but also when the next lot of school holiday timetables are uploaded about two weeks before the school holidays when initially the URL of the school term timetable is changed and the URL is again changed when the school holiday timetable becomes the current timetable and the same process again at the end of the school holidays.
Using the timetable selection page is also more flexible in that when there are more than one version available the user can make their selection of which one they want so the Blue Mountains approach is much preferred.
Unfortunately when the current Blue Mountains timetables were updated today, they used the same format as Hillbus and Interline and not the the more flexible approach they used in their new timetables page.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:It is back up now s it has not died just yet.
But a closer look shows what you were getting at.
Sydney Trains website no longer shows the status of the various lines, replaced by a link to Transport Info.
Living in the Shire.
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

The Sydney Trains website is an amazing relic. It amazes me that such a "public" site lingers on as it does (might even be a Lotus Notes website!) when Squiz is otherwise busy growing fat on its government contracts.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

The B-Line project website now redirects to a new page within transport.nsw.gov..au

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/b-line-bus
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

When looking up bus timetables, it now remembers the most recent timetables you have looked up. The bottom 2 I had not looked up but found them when I first came across this.
The others are ones I have looked up since then.
I wonder how many it will store. I look up a lot of timetables and hope that they will not store every one I do look up.
Attachments
Multiple.jpg
Multiple.jpg (103.11 KiB) Viewed 13606 times
Living in the Shire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Fleet Lists wrote:I received an email from Transport for NSW today advising that they are in the process of improving access to Regional Trains and Coach Timetables in Transport Info which they hope to implement next month.
I don't find the timetables for XPT's, Explorers and coaches very useful on the web site.

Unlike the old PDF brochures, the new links provide you with a very narrow definition of options.

For example, if you want to see the timetable of the Explorer train from Moree, all it shows is the journey to Werris Creek.

Now, we know that it amalgamates there with the train from Armidale, but an unknowing punter would ponder how it actually gets to Sydney, and might even think you have to change trains.

Similarly, for a trip from Grafton to Sydney you can no longer see the 3 trains per day on one table.

None of the coaches show train connections, and routes with choice of coach services are no longer easy to find.

Of course the trip planner / booking link will provide you with details for your 'from' / 'to' journey search, but I think on routes of this length, seeing the full timetable would still be handy.

Sigh................
Stu

Post by Stu »

I noticed on the TfNSW Info website that the Sydney Trains website is being mentioned as having been moved to TfNSW Info website. I clicked on the text link below the train image which takes you to the news section although no news story details about this situation. I used the Sydney Trains website today.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I cant find the message concerned but it would not surprise me if it was to happen - like the NSW Tranlink website which was moved some time ago.
They may have been a premature in putting the message up.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ I checked the Transport Info home page again and now the only information advertisements that remain are 'plan your trip' and 'find us on social media'. I should have taken a screen shot.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydneytrains which is the corporate page in the Transport NSW website already points to Transport Info instead of the Sydney Trains website.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Transport Info have confirmed that besides the Sydney Trains website, the Opal and STA websites are also planned with work having started on the Opal website.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

The State Transit corporate website is now dead.

This domain still remains although I wonder if it will be incorporated into 'I Work For NSW'. The whole idea of creating 'www.drivewithstatetransit.com.au' (after IW4NSW) was to have a dedicated page with specific information about working for STA.
https://www.drivewithstatetransit.com.au/
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The State Transit URL now redirects to https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/state-transit
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Stu wrote: This domain still remains although I wonder if it will be incorporated into 'I Work For NSW'. The whole idea of creating 'www.drivewithstatetransit.com.au' (after IW4NSW) was to have a dedicated page with specific information about working for STA.
https://www.drivewithstatetransit.com.au/
That site is really up to date - it advertises open days for prospective drivers in March and April 2018,
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ The IT team now have time to update the recruitment website now the corporate website has been put out to pasture. :lol:

The depots used for the purpose of recruitment are Brookvale and Leichhardt - the latter for not much longer.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Stu wrote:I noticed on the TfNSW Info website that the Sydney Trains website is being mentioned as having been moved to TfNSW Info website. I clicked on the text link below the train image which takes you to the news section although no news story details about this situation. I used the Sydney Trains website today.
I have been advised by Transport for NSW that it is planned to have this change made before the end of this financial year.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

When I tried again a few minutes later it would not redirect and now the old website is working again so they must have run into a problem.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Now it is again trying to redirect unsuccessfully both Firefox and Edge.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The news item has gone and Sydney Trains website is running again.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The message on the Sydney Trains website has been changed from stating that it would close last night to that it will close soon.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”