Sydney Metro - Tallawong to Bankstown

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
simonl

Re: NSW Future Rail Plan - NWRL/Metro/Harbour Crossing

Post by simonl »

tonyp wrote:
simonl wrote:
What are the non-accessible parts of the Perth network? I was surprised to notice even the old parts of the network had negligible vertical gap boarding. Didn't see an exception to this, although I didn't see that much of it.
There are two parts to providing accessibility on trains - between the train and the platform and between the platform and the street. One is rather useless without the other (Melbourne's trams are an excellent example of that issue at play!). Without a detailed analysis, I get the impression that Perth still has to get roughly half of its legacy stations fully accessible on both counts, but there is nevertheless a good coverage of fully accessible stations along all of the legacy lines. The Perth north-south line would be the first fully-accessible railway line in Australia and the Sydney IWLR would be the first fully-accessible tram line.
Umm, are you making up that roughly half figure? I can't find any information which suggests Perth has any non accessible railway stations!
tonyp wrote:It would be interesting to find how many individual bus routes would be fully-accessible, that is fully equipped with low-entry or low-floor buses and able to ramp to every bus stop along a route. Perhaps the new 333 in Sydney might be an example?
I'm sure Brisbane has a 100% accessible bus fleet and Sydney isn't too far behind on that one. Are there any non accessible bus stops? Perhaps when they're muddy and you can't get a wheelchair through them?
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

In terms of DDA compliance, there are plenty that are not accessible. Certainly can't see the 100% target being met in 2022 given the very little progress in some areas.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Mr OC Benz wrote:In terms of DDA compliance, there are plenty that are not accessible. Certainly can't see the 100% target being met in 2022 given the very little progress in some areas.
Ok, I'm sure you've been there longer than I was. Shouldn't that be on the Transperth website? Very surprised this info would be hidden.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

simonl wrote:
Mr OC Benz wrote:In terms of DDA compliance, there are plenty that are not accessible. Certainly can't see the 100% target being met in 2022 given the very little progress in some areas.
Ok, I'm sure you've been there longer than I was. Shouldn't that be on the Transperth website? Very surprised this info would be hidden.
Sorry I should have clarified, I was referring to Sydney (as the originally quoted comments by tonyp made reference to Sydney). Perth on the other hand, DDA-compliant bus stop upgrades have been progressing steadily for over five years now and I believe they are ahead of target (as per bus fleet and train station upgrades).
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

simonl wrote:I'm sure Brisbane has a 100% accessible bus fleet and Sydney isn't too far behind on that one. Are there any non accessible bus stops? Perhaps when they're muddy and you can't get a wheelchair through them?
Isn’t it up to a council to do the concreting of curbs street guttters and footpaths to make a bus stop DDA compliant and there are a lot of stops in the Hawkesbury/Richmond area of region 1 and other semi rural areas in the Sydney metro area that are not DDA conpliant
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthre ... 6&page=200
AtD on SkyscraperCity wrote:Since we're now at the final sprint, I thought I'd take a look back at the drama that is the North West Rail Link.

April 2011 Let's build a train

April 2012 Start knocking stuff down

Feb 2013 NIMBYs have a cry

Mar 2013 Do we even need drivers?

Jun 2013 We absolutely need drivers!

Jun 2013 Well at least we have money now

April 2014 And we need double deckers too!

Jun 2014 Poles and wires

Sep 2014 The three most feared words: Buses replace trains

Jan 2015 Ahead of schedule and under budget

Nov 2015 Showing off the trains

Jan 2016 The end of tunneling

Mar 2018 Testing

Sep 2018 Goodbye ERCL

The one constant though the whole thing? Gladys. I don't dish out praise to Liberals often, but credit where credit is due.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Some of the regular posters on that site (including the one you just quoted) are so biased toward left wing politics, that they would probably say it would be a better outcome for the NWRL to be a surface level single track line with level crossings and trains every 30 minutes, if it were The Greens who had proposed that :roll: :twisted:
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

I doubt that, seeing as most on there are very much in favour of the driverless metro projects. You must be thinking of Railpage
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

BroadGauge wrote:Some of the regular posters on that site (including the one you just quoted) are so biased toward left wing politics, that they would probably say it would be a better outcome for the NWRL to be a surface level single track line with level crossings and trains every 30 minutes, if it were The Greens who had proposed that :roll: :twisted:
and not forgetting the strange split directional junction at the Schofields end of the line where the line splits to send trains eather south to Schofieds and Blacktown or north to Richmond
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

https://www.sydneymetro.info/community- ... t-stations

Cherrybrook open day on Sunday, Feb 10
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Latest TfNSW focussed mostly on video from the Chatswood media event.

https://youtu.be/i-FtJc1YdWA

Couple of interesting bits.
0.29 only 18 of 22 train sets have been delivered
1.09 interior shot at Macquarie Park
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

The EIS for the Waterloo OSD 'Metro Quarter' is out. From the Transport access documents: http://www.majorprojects.planning.nsw.g ... ob_id=9393

The gap where an Alexandria station should have been:

The Public Domain:

The very poor bus interchange arrangement (even though Raglan is an option, Wellington was chosen for E-W buses in the EIS. TBD):

Finally, a map that shows why a southern entry is needed:

moa999

Post by moa999 »

Last edited by moa999 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Tha facebook link does not work
Living in the Shire.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

that's a pretty stupid map, showing the train line going to macdonaldtown then to Erskineville. Is the moron's name on it ? what is more disturbing is that the moron's supervisor didn't look at it.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Fleet Lists wrote:Tha facebook link does not work
Fixed. Had originally been posted in the Tangara upgrade thread.. and link copy didn't work
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Metro Station at Waterloo for Botany Rd bus interchange doesn't make it a great interchange better than Redfern at least. Main issue is northbound Botany Rd as pedestrians would have to cross at a signal which would prioritise vehicular traffic. EIS doesn't show any bus bays or bus priority along Botany Rd in Waterloo a shame.
It would be good if they bus stops along Raglan St near Waterloo Station for the 301/302/303 to stop at.

Green Square would still have an advantage for bus rail transfer particularly northbound where the bus stop is right next to the entrance and southbound has the benefit of pedestrian tunnel under Botany Rd.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

The new Castle Hill Station Bus Interchange opened last night, shortly after 21:00, with all Hillsbus services relocated. Busways services remain in Old Castle Hill Rd for the time being.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1092687124044763137

Nine News on feeder buses and lack of information on them
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

rogf24 wrote:https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1092687124044763137

Not surprising there is limited information similar to how the Eastern Suburbs around Zetland & Rosebery areas got a redrawn bus network with only 3 weeks notice and no community consultation.
Ted

CASTLE HILL STATION - BUS INTERCHANGE.

Post by Ted »

The new Bus interchange was brought into use on Monday7th February.

Cheers

Ted
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-a ... ro-opening

4000 new commuter car spaces ready for Northwest Metro opening
7 Feb 2019

Thousands of new commuter car parking spaces have been completed along the Northwest Metro rail line, which will open to customers from Rouse Hill to Chatswood within months.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian said it is another major milestone on the $8.3 billion Metro project, which has only been made possible because of the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government’s strong economic management.

“Sydney Metro will provide turn-up-and-go train services up to every two minutes and revolutionise the way we get around our great city,” Ms Berejiklian said.

“As part of the major investment we are providing 4000 new commuter car spaces to make it as easy as possible for commuters using the Metro.

“This is the first time 4000 new commuter spaces have been opened at once in Sydney and it is 1000 more than we originally proposed.”

The capacity of the Sydney Metro Northwest car parks is:

Tallawong -1000 spaces;
Bella Vista – 800;
Hills Showground – 600;
Cherrybrook – 400;
Kellyville – 1360
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance said all of the new commuter car parks will open at the same time as the Metro Northwest rail line.

“The Metro Northwest rail line is being delivered by the NSW Government on time and more than $500 million under budget,” Mr Constance said.

“This project shows the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government delivers on its promises.

“You can’t trust Labor – when they were last in office they promised 12 rail lines and did not complete one in full.”

There are more than 340 spaces for bikes, 16 new bus stops, 52 taxi spaces and provisions for more than 100 kiss and ride spaces across the Sydney Metro Northwest line

Sydney Metro is being extended from the north west into the CBD, with services to start in 2024 – when Sydney will have 31 metro station and a new 66km standalone metro railway.

New vision available: https://app.frame.io/presentations/123c ... 88630f6397
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Also for those that want to track the progress of the TBM's: https://www.sydneymetro.info/tunnelling

The two Marrickville TBM's are at Mitchell Rd and McEvoy St respectively, and the first Chatswood TBM has only just left the dive site.
flitter

Post by flitter »

rogf24 wrote:https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1092687124044763137

Wasn’t this announced in 2012?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/bus ... 28h1f.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Sort of. The EIS for the project outlines what could potentially happen, but it's nothing really concrete.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”