• Advertisement

Summary of Buses in Transport NSW livery

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion

Re: Summary of Buses in Transport NSW livery

Postby Linto63 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Stonesourscotty wrote:Will a few Metrobuses get repainted now all the routes are getting numbers again?
Debranded maybe, but only likely to be repainted as and when they fall due. The correlation between Metrobus liveried buses and Metrobus routes disappeared long ago.
Linto63

Postby marcnut1996 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 am

TSA R3 1284 ex Hopkinsons is in TfNsW livery.

ImageImage
Lives in Region 1, loves buses in Western Sydney.
marcnut1996

Favourite Vehicle: The Gemilang Buses in Region 6

Postby Swift » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:01 pm

TSA have been the most conscientious in applying the TNSW livery. It's as though they consider it their own.
How telling from a relative new kid on the block -as in looking forward instead of being hung up on staid practises/ ways of doing things.
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby marcnut1996 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Probably because TSA does not have its own livery in every bus operation they have in Australia or overseas. So TfNSW livery is the only livery they can use to be distinct from previous operators of the vehicles.
Lives in Region 1, loves buses in Western Sydney.
marcnut1996

Favourite Vehicle: The Gemilang Buses in Region 6

Postby Fleet Lists » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Swift wrote:TSA have been the most conscientious in applying the TNSW livery. It's as though they consider it their own.
How telling from a relative new kid on the block -as in looking forward instead of being hung up on staid practises/ ways of doing things.

Punchbowl Bus Co has beaten them by a long way. m/o 809 is the only Red and cream bus seen on route service for a few years now.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Fleet Lists » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Having a look at the Transit Systems Fleet List, 431 out of 861 - virtually dead on 50% in Transport for NSW livery - and most of those either new or acquired ex Brisbane Transport - far from a concentrated effort to repaint as far as I can see.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Swift » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Inheriting an ex STA region doesn't help.
They were doing well in region three at any rate.
I'm surprised to see a traditional like Punchbowl being so keen on erasing their colours. It seems they grabbed the bull by the horns and accepted a changing world in contrast to a bus dynasty in the far north who wanted to alter the prescribed livery.
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Postby BAMBAM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Swift wrote:Inheriting an ex STA region doesn't help.
I'm surprised to see a traditional like Punchbowl being so keen on erasing their colours. It seems they grabbed the bull by the horns and accepted a changing world in contrast to a bus dynasty in the far north who wanted to alter the prescribed livery.

Who says they were keen? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned it was part of the contract requirements when the last tender occurred as was one of requirements where their fleet had to be in the livery by a certain time for them specifically to continue running their region.
BAMBAM

Postby Swift » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:04 am

BAMBAM wrote:
Swift wrote:Inheriting an ex STA region doesn't help.

Who says they were keen? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned it was part of the contract requirements when the last tender occurred as was one of requirements where their fleet had to be in the livery by a certain time for them specifically to continue running their region.

Yet other regions haven't been award winners for complying with that livery requirement. Did Punchie's region have more strict requirements for adhering to livery time lines?
Swift

Postby mactransit » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Busabout appears to be painting more buses into TfNSW livery of late. Scania CB60s m/o 9713 and m/o 9629 have been repainted - possibly a mid-life refurb?
mactransit

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 am

mactransit wrote:Busabout appears to be painting more buses into TfNSW livery of late. Scania CB60s m/o 9713 and m/o 9629 have been repainted - possibly a mid-life refurb?
For Busabout when it comes to Transport For NSW livery repaint jobs add Scania L113CRB Custom Coaches 510 m/o 7155 to that list besides those 2 ex Busways Scania CB60s
1000 posts and counting
1st post Sun Aug 11 2013 8:04pm
1000th post Sun Dec 15 2019 4:30pm
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby mactransit » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Another day, another Busabout repaint - Scania CB60 m/o 9677
mactransit

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:54 pm

On the reverse Transdev which started repaints a long time ago but then stopped is falling further behind. And further to that in the past week I have seen two older white buses (one was m/o 9118) with large red Transdev logos on the side - so it appears there are no plans to repaint them into blue and white.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby crazyturbo76 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Fleet Lists wrote:On the reverse Transdev which started repaints a long time ago but then stopped is falling further behind. And further to that in the past week I have seen two older white buses (one was m/o 9118) with large red Transdev logos on the side - so it appears there are no plans to repaint them into blue and white.

The Fleet Lists suggest m/o 9118 (a MB O405) is one of Transdev's dedicated charter vehicles, hence why it's in that livery. I saw one of Transdev's Rosas either yesterday or on Monday with a similar livery scheme (except with silver instead of white), so they must be applying this scheme to buses that are normally used for charter and not for route service (i.e. the ex Connex/Crowther's L94/K94IBs).

Makes sense contractually as those high floors aren't required to be repainted into blue and white anyway.
crazyturbo76

Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/CC "CB80"

Postby Stu » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.
Stu

Postby J_Busworth » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Stu wrote:Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.

Removing all reference to it being electric as well presumably. I think the TfNSW livery should have a more noticeable decal/special livery for the electric buses, like the Hybrid ones do in Victoria.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
RIP STA 14.5s 28/01/93 - 05/12/19
J_Busworth

Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Postby In Transit » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm

J_Busworth wrote:
Stu wrote:Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.

Removing all reference to it being electric as well presumably. I think the TfNSW livery should have a more noticeable decal/special livery for the electric buses, like the Hybrid ones do in Victoria.

Whilst TfNSW are adept at spinning in press releases, they have very very limited interest or seemingly capability in genuine marketing of any kind. Hence the extraordinary lack of any genuinely distinguishing feature of the electric buses, in terms of livery or branding - surely this is an easy win? The average person has very little chance of noticing the very subtle external references to being an electric bus.

It reflects the same minimalist approach (and capability) seen in wayfinding...

Yet again TfNSW finds itself a unique approach, as if it was the very first operator of public transport in the universe and had to slowly learn it all by trial and error as they go along.
In Transit

Postby Linto63 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:02 pm

If it's going to be around for a while makes sense, Joe Public isn't interested in what colour a bus is painted and having one with a different front, particularly when it also has a faint destination display, may lead to them thinking it is not their bus and thus letting it sail by.
Linto63

Postby Swift » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 pm

Linto63 wrote:If it's going to be around for a while makes sense, Joe Public isn't interested in what colour a bus is painted and having one with a different front, particularly when it also has a faint destination display, may lead to them thinking it is not their bus and thus letting it sail by.

I'm Joe Public and so are all the board members :) . Many don't read the signs no matter how clear.
Swift

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Sydney / NSW