Private Bus Observations 2020

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107

Re: Private Bus Observations 2020

Post by boronia »

IIRC It started when the 440 was cut back to BJI with the other R6 changes.

There would be discussions about this in the relevant threads of that era,
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.

J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

marcnut1996 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:56 am
Not sure when this happened but I found that 440 stops at BJI Stands S and T, at Grafton St opposite the station. When did this happened and why the change in stopping locations?
The change happened when the 440 was truncated to operate from BJI instead of Bronte. There was insufficient layover space for the 440 inside the interchange, so they had to find space for it to layover elsewhere, so it moved to Stands S and T. There can be up to 3 440s laying over at any one time, and BJI was literally at full capacity (340s and 389s regularly have to lay up in Grafton Street on the Station side as inside the interchange is full), so it made sense to move it.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA 14.5s 28/01/93 - 05/12/19

marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Custom Endeavour

Post by marcnut1996 »

Seems like it has been there since Dec 2018 from Google Street View. I just somehow never seen or knew about it.
Lives in Region 1, loves buses in Western Sydney.

Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I drove past Murrays Mandible Rd depot in Alexandria yesterday, and as boronia states elsewhere, it certainly struck me how many vehicles are parked with no rego plates attached (I suspect majority). Drove past AAT Kings depot nearby and the sheds are all locked up with I assume coaches inside and their car park and office having that deserted weekend look about it. Noted AAT Kings former depot in Daphne St Botany has been leveled and I assume residential units will appear shortly.

Around Banksmeadow the streets seem to have become a parking zone for many buses as captured in recent photo's by The Inspector (and they haven't moved since he took those shots). KST's yards was chockers with one looking like it might be about to do a school run. At the airport perimeter an opportunity was present for line up shots of Carbridge's electric car park shuttle buses (Blue Emu livery) nicely lined up gathering dust. Unfortunately a ute was parked in front on my visit. Also photo opportunities with aircraft at various spots parked up close to the fenceline.

Telfords yard had some activity in comparison to the other yards visited and I noted 3 or 4 ex Skybus liveried vehicles sitting around near the back fence.

All that and I didn't take a single photo !
Last edited by Centralian on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

CDCs 1049 a BCI Mercedes in Western Sydney Uni Livery seen heading on Mamre road towards Liverpool

Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Centralian wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 am
I drove past Murrays Mandible Rd depot in Alexandria yesterday, and as boronia states elsewhere, it certainly struck me how many vehicles are parked with no rego plates attached (I suspect majority). Drove past AAT Kings depot nearby and the sheds are all locked up with I assume coaches inside. Car park and office had that deserted weekend look about it. Noted their former depot in Daphne St Botany has been levelled and I assume residential units will appear shortly.
This may be off-topic but I apologise as this would be a good place to point out given the non-registered public transport vehicles, but the same area has a lot of unplated taxis as well.

Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I read somewhere about the de-registered taxi's, not sure if 'dumped' is the right word, but article certainly referred to lots of them about. I'd forgotten about the taxis so wasn't looking for them in my drive and can't say I noticed any. Another observation was all the rental car holding yards around the back of the domestic terminal (near Shep's Mound and the long term car park) were overflowing with parked stock - another business heavily reliant on tourism and travel.

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

There was a news feature on 7 news a while back where deregistered taxis were attracting parking fines in Alexandria.
AA Attention Seekers Anonymous.
When you are addicted to being noticed by the bus driver we are here to put you on track to recovery!

Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Yeah, so when the pandemic first hit they just removed the taxi plates and returned them to the lessors. Now they are registered on regular plates and just parked.

Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

M/O 8136/7 both heading back to their home depot from Custom St Marys seen at 2:20 crossing M4

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird »

Some new timetables for 923 924 and 926 from Transdev effective 23 Aug.

Sunday service for 926 as well as end of Sunday short runnings. Better frequency all round, much later hours. Significant improvement for suburban services, I guess patronage is good?

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”