NRL discussion thread

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Re: NRL General Discussion

Post by crazyturbo76 »

True, the Mariners crashed and burned as everyone wanted to see Newcastle win, not that weak excuse for a team.

The idea of expansion's been around for a while; Adelaide'll be a challenge as it traditionally follows AFL and there are two AFL sides there already (the Crows and Port Adelaide) but it would be good to see Perth get another chance. The league's even considering a PNG team as well.

North Sydney is trying to come back too after Manly "betrayed" them.

In all, it sounds good but remember: we're in a tough economic climate so things may not happen so quickly.
Heardy_101
Favourite Vehicle: 2000 Class Railcar (Jumbo)

Post by Heardy_101 »

North Sydney are trying to come back as the Central Coast Bears.

There's also the Brisbane Bombers bid as well with the team to be based in the west of Brisbane. Cronulla are also apparently being looked at being shafted (about time too).

Anyway back on topic, good luck to both teams (won't be online on the weekend) still think it might be a Roosters victory - just - but would be absolutely estactic if Manly pulled off the upset of the year.
Cheers, Mitchell Heard

South Australian Regional Rail Alliance
www.facebook.com/SARegionalRailAlliance
Penguin
Favourite Vehicle: NSW Rural Fire Service Cat 1

Post by Penguin »

...And the Roosters won the GF, making me happy and completing my 3 goals for the finals, hehe
All posts are that of my own personal opinion and not that of my employer
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Well, that wraps up the 2013 season. I might try and fetch my Grand Final shirt from Mt Druitt League & Legends on Thursday-that's if they have any because Mt Druitt is surprisingly full of Roosters supporters :)
Colhad75
Favourite Vehicle: BustechVSTs and Metros

Post by Colhad75 »

Go the Broncos, I think the Broncos will be back in finals footy in 2014. Ben Barba will make a big difference.
Volvo B10M mk3, Volvo B10M mk4, Bustech

Buses of Brisbane and Outer Suburbs.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Buses-of ... 8485219749
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

May as well revive this thread, seeing as Origin time has come upon us again and already NSW has won the first match.

I'm actually quite surprised NSW won the first match; I saw a couple of near miss tries from NSW, especially that try where Jarryd Hayne or whoever it was tumbled over from a tackle to score one of them. Either way congrats to the Blues, solid effort :D

The Roosters aren't doing so great this season, I thought we were capable of pulling a hat trick second premiership in a row given that we still have Sonny Bill and Anthony Minichello (his last season with the Chooks this year) for the year as well as a strong team overall.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

Yep.... could see a NSW revival..... if we lose this second game.... i highly doubt that we would win that third game in brisbane.....

I'm weeping for my knights..... i expect them to do well this season....

but almost wooden spooners....
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
crazyturbo76

Re: NRL discussion thread

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Finals are approaching and I'm guessing it might be a Panthers premiership year. Then again, my Roosters are going quite well so they might be able to go back-to-back, but there could be a Bunnies GF too.

While I am a Roosters supporter by heart I would like to see the Rabbitohs win their first premiership in 43 years.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

crazyturbo76 wrote:While I am a Roosters supporter by heart I would like to see the Rabbitohs win their first premiership in 43 years.
Same thing.... i like to see something like that.... rabbits used to my team before i switched to knights (and don't tell me why)..... i hope to see them win grand final for once...
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
crazyturbo76

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Grand final time is approaching-who do you think will take home the premiership trophy? I reckon either the Roosters or Bunnies, although Penrith could make a last minute victory.

Either way, there will definitely be a Sydney team in the Grand FInal-that is, there will be TWO Sydney teams in the finals as the four of them that are now in the Semi Finals (Panthers, Bulldogs, Roosters and Bunnies) are based in this great city of ours.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

2016 NRL Grand Final
2 Oct 2016 @ 7:15Pm EDT
Sharks v Storm from ANZ Stadium
My tips: Sharks by 4
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Better than when this Denair photo was taken http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-15910
Living in the Shire.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

After waiting for 50 years, the Sharks have won the trophy by beating the Storm 14-12

Return to “The Lunch Room”