what phone do you have

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

Re: what phone do you have

Post by Brendan03 »

C130 wrote:
busrider wrote:I think that's a very good photo for a phone camera...
Extremely good!
Hopefully my iPhone 4's 5mp camera is like that one.
And Brendan03, I really like that photo, I don't know why, but it "Just works"...a bit like the phone it was taken on :P

Thanks, I took one photo then saw the Qantas 737 coming and got ready for another shot. I'm absolutely inlove with my iPhone. It's seriously the best phone ever.

Guys, Check out PingChat2! - It's good if you love to SMS/MMS (Android friendly too iirc)
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

C130 wrote:
busrider wrote:I think that's a very good photo for a phone camera...
Extremely good!
Hopefully my iPhone 4's 5mp camera is like that one.
And Brendan03, I really like that photo, I don't know why, but it "Just works"...a bit like the phone it was taken on :P
Oh god, you agreed with me on something. Is something wrong? :shock:
C130

Post by C130 »

Oh, I hope not, I've booked a doctor's appointment just to be on the safe side :wink:
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

I know we've moved on but I can't resist one last dump.

This afternoon, waiting for my train to show up, I looked up whilst in the middle of a text message, Double tap home button, hit Camera.

I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
C130

Post by C130 »

iPhone 4 16GB on a Telstra $49 plan :P :P :P
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Pro tip. Don't forget to unlock your phone if traveling overseas... My iPhone is useless at the moment!
ben73

Post by ben73 »

Brendan03 wrote:Pro tip. Don't forget to unlock your phone if traveling overseas... My iPhone is useless at the moment!
What you mean unlock?

iPhone 4 is great. I love mine so far.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit
Frances

Post by Frances »

Brendan03 wrote:Pro tip. Don't forget to unlock your phone if traveling overseas... My iPhone is useless at the moment!
Good advice - I speak from experience. When I was in Scotland a few years ago I found my phone was locked after I got there. It was only a minor inconvenience though, as I was travelling with a friend and her phone was unlocked - in any case I only had to make four or five calls while I was there...........
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

ben73 wrote:
What you mean unlock?

iPhone 4 is great. I love mine so far.
Locked to a network. If you enter a simcard from an alternative network, The phone won't respond to it.
franfran wrote:
Good advice - I speak from experience. When I was in Scotland a few years ago I found my phone was locked after I got there. It was only a minor inconvenience though, as I was travelling with a friend and her phone was unlocked - in any case I only had to make four or five calls while I was there...........
I'm not really in the need to make calls, but SMS and Facebook would be nice to upload photos while I'm out. I'm in Phuket at the moment and I've wanted to share heaps of things lately. I'll have to do a tradition upload when I get home.

The ipad has heed sufficient for my Internet needs.
Launcestonian
Favourite Vehicle: Older Scanias!!

Post by Launcestonian »

HTC Desire right here! Love it. Very good phone. What makes it even better is having gone from a dodgy N97 to this. :lol:
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

You can buy outright unlocked mobile phones.Which are not locked to any phone company you can put in any sim card you have in the phone.At the moment I got this pink Samsung mobile which was on special at Coles for $40 which had a Vodafone package with it.But when I can I am going after one of these unlocked outright phones a Nokia.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
R44
Favourite Vehicle: MO-8205

Post by R44 »

when i earn $5000 it will be (in this order) iPad, iPhone (3GS), and 23.5" iMac.
C130

Post by C130 »

I don't know why you would want to spend $3K on a 23.5" iMac, as it would have to be used, when for the same price you can get a 27" 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 or a 21.5" 3.60GHz Core i5.
And why a 3GS? Have you seen it next to an iPhone 4? They look soooo bad compared to their slimmer and higher res sibling.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

C130 wrote:I don't know why you would want to spend $3K on a 23.5" iMac, as it would have to be used, when for the same price you can get a 27" 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 or a 21.5" 3.60GHz Core i5.
And why a 3GS? Have you seen it next to an iPhone 4? They look soooo bad compared to their slimmer and higher res sibling.
I made both my parents get the 3GS. They're a good phone if your dumb and don't really need a smartphone... Plus they're also good because us '4 users can tell them how much better our phone is than theirs.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Still on my E63, of which I am attempting to give an inferiority complex, having set it's wallpaper to an image of a HTC Desire.

I'm amazed that, after all the inadvertant abuse the poor thing has had over the 18 months I've had it, that it still works... although if it tries to make friends with pavement, asphalt or tiles, it tends to have it's back pop off and the battery fall out.

And I still have the piece of plastic that was over the camera when it came out of the box on it. :mrgreen:
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

A bit slow with the update but I finally got an iPhone 4 a month ago - with my 3G starting to act a bit geriatric on me, and the contract well and truly over, it was time to update. More than anything I'm just happy with my iTunes smart playlists (which I use for compiling decade-based lists and most-played lists) syncing correctly with the phone, rather than having to copy to a normal playlist to avoid corruption (which I had to do since iOS 3.0 came out). The camera's a vast improvement on the old model, although you'll only see scoop shots from it on this board (as per convention).

Getting my hands on the iPhone 4 was a bit of a saga. Being a recontracting Telstra customer (full disclosure: I work for them, so hold the vitriol), the only option to update was to go in store. However, my usual work hours made things a little difficult: with the trickle of handsets being shipped by Apple, stock would usually arrive in stores once I had started work and would be sold out by the time I had finished (and there's a no-reservation policy, so asking for someone to put one aside on the never-never is out). I only got lucky when I came down with a cold, called in sick and went in store after my visit to the doctor's (well, Medicare was a couple of doors down from the Telstra store).
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
Penguin
Favourite Vehicle: NSW Rural Fire Service Cat 1

Post by Penguin »

a Telstra Glide, fairly good phone: Touchscreen, QWERTY keyboard, "Stereo" Bluetooth, 3G, and so much more, i still dont know my phone inside and out yet, i still cant remember my new number off the top of my head yet
All posts are that of my own personal opinion and not that of my employer
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

My phone is a Nokia 6700 slide. It makes AND receives phone calls, and it also does text messages. And it's not a ZTE. "It's not just good, it's good enough!
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

busrider wrote:My phone is a Nokia 6700 slide. It makes AND receives phone calls, and it also does text messages. And it's not a ZTE. "It's not just good, it's good enough!
And it runs Symbian, which, contrary to popular belief, isn't that bad. The touch screen variants are soso though.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Oh honey no.

Nokia 6700 Slide, worst phone I'd ever used... And I've used Samsungs.
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

I've used a ZTE. The Nokia beats that.
Connex
Favourite Vehicle: XT 853M-1627T-854M

Post by Connex »

Brendan03 wrote:Oh honey no.

Oh trust me mate, the Nokia X6 is the worst phone ever to run on Symbian. Most difficult and annoying phone in the world.

And I'm stuck with it until 2012, unless I pay out the contract.
Metcard. Your ticket to Melbourne.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Connex wrote: Most difficult and annoying phone in the world.
Are we counting Windows Mobile 6.x phones without a touchscreen? Because they are a <insert profanity of your choice here> pain in the rear end to use.

Try using your computer with only a keyboard. That's roughly what it's like to use Windows Mobile Classic. *shudders*
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Connex wrote:
Brendan03 wrote:Oh honey no.

Oh trust me mate, the Nokia X6 is the worst phone ever to run on Symbian. Most difficult and annoying phone in the world.

And I'm stuck with it until 2012, unless I pay out the contract.
I've been avoiding nokias for a while now, its just had my HTC Touch Pro got stolen* and I had to go back to a Nokia until I got my HTC Legend which was my way of getting back into smart phones and it was awful and now lives in the drawer.

Anything you get if you think the iPhone is nice, but you don't get the iPhone, is a compromise and you'll never be truly happy until you get your iPhone.

Connex, who is your plan with?
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

My nokia 6700 has at some places 5 visible lines of dead pixels . Sone pixels that randomly stop working.

And it is less then 3 months old . I am now looking at buying a phone to replace it .
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.

Return to “The Lunch Room”