what phone do you have

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Brendan03
Favourite Vehicle: Not an S set.

Re: what phone do you have

Post by Brendan03 »

Daz wrote:And Shell servo's had one for $25... and you know what; best battery life I had EVER seen. Went 12 days without a charge and $20 of credit!

Daz
Does it do 3G? You can get a pretty outstanding battery life out of most phones if you disable 3G... except you lose all speed, any possible data services and a heap of other functions...
I gave my HTC Legend to a friend who's using it as a work phone, Turn off 3G and the battery life gets close to a week...
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
mubd

Post by mubd »

Brendan03 wrote:
mubd wrote:Since I last posted in here (a year ago), I got a crappy HTC Magic, but it was for free, so I didn't mind.

Then, in September, I got an iPhone 4.

It's a great leap from the crappy W910i I had in January.
Is it the best phone you've ever used?
Abso-*** ** *-lutely.

Combined with a Telstra $49 cap plan and a $20 6GB data pack (doubles as my family's wireless broadband), it's FANTASTIC.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

I just got a Nokia 6120. Would be a good phone if the micro SD card would keep reading instead of dropping out.
Insert 200 characters as signature
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

I Currently have no Phone.

I am going to go through my draws to see if any of them still work.

other wise i am going to have to buy a real cheapie to last me till the bank balance allows me to buy a  Iphone or use my Ipad with voip for all my calls.
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
moto51
Favourite Vehicle: Coach Design MAN 24.420 14.5m

what phone do you have

Post by moto51 »

Nokia XXX box, no camera, no mp3, it's one of the first colour screens. Can't remember the model number
Explain your reasoning for putting the slowest, worst bus on the longest route. Surely it'd be more efficient to have a newer one. Where's my 8 speed M.A.N?
ABS

Post by ABS »

Current work mobile is a Telstra T6 (ZTE). It's a brick and devoid of features but it works. I had a Nokia 6120 Classic but the earpiece stopped working.
melbtransport
Favourite Vehicle: All Kefford and SITA Buses

Post by melbtransport »

I have a Nokia N96, and have no intention of changing.....yet
キャンベラ僕の電車と市電の写真集 いろいろメルボルンの市電の写真 Hodgsoŋzz |†ちょ₠眽Ⅴ眾蜴繁ȴ ŋ†|™™“贡献所有力量给孩子希望 冲破一切阻挡 用大家的爱 打败虚幻世界的罪恶安排 请相信未来 ”₠眽??Ⅴ眾蜴繁ȴ ŋ
Frances

Post by Frances »

I've still got my Samsung SGH-A411. It's a few years old, but it still works well, so I have no intention of changing it yet. It's showing its age a bit now - the casing is a bit scuffed in places and the plastic display panel on the outside is cracked from when I dropped it.

I had a ZTE before that, and that was the most unreliable thing imaginable. Calls dropped out from time to time, batteries didn't retain their charge for more than a couple of days and, come to that, didn't even last long before they reached the stage where they wouldn't respond to recharging. In the space of 20 months it had eaten up four batteries - and ZTE batteries aren't cheap - the last one I had just kept getting hotter and hotter and began to swell up so that the cover was bent outwards. I ended up buying the Samsung after a couple of the numbers on the keypad of the ZTE developed an intermittent fault and calls started dropping out. It had a good camera though.

My only complaints about the Samsung are that it doesn't take very good photos and also that when I bought it they sold me a black one and didn't tell me it also came in red..............

PRT 065

Post by PRT 065 »

Samsung e2210L

It doesnt even have edge . :cry: :cry: I Miss 3g :cry:

only about 5 months till i can afford iphone 4 and then i might as well wait as it will nearly be refresh time.

Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Can't you get an iPhone on a contract? It's how I got mine without paying for it outright.
I just wish we could all get along like we used to in Middle School, I wish that I could bake a cake made of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.
PRT 065

Post by PRT 065 »

If i was over 18 i would.

Dad wont put me on a contract :cry:
Regards,
PRT 065

Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

PRT 065 wrote:If i was over 18 i would.

Dad wont put me on a contract :cry:
Punch him in the junk.
Andrew
Administrator

Re:what phone do you have

Post by Andrew »

now posting from new phone, nokia 5800 xpressmusic - very good so far!
Job done.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Re: Re:what phone do you have

Post by Douglas »

Andrew wrote:now posting from new phone, nokia 5800 xpressmusic - very good so far!
You must be one of approximately five people to say that about said phone.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

I've only had it for a day but so far it is above and beyond any other phone I've ever had.... I even got nokia maps to work and after reading reviews i have trashed use of the stock browswer and install opera mobile 10.1 and it's quite brilliant .... and it came with a year's free downloads of music from the ovi store, so i will try to make the most of that
Job done.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Andrew wrote:I've only had it for a day but so far it is above and beyond any other phone I've ever had.... I even got nokia maps to work and after reading reviews i have trashed use of the stock browswer and install opera mobile 10.1 and it's quite brilliant .... and it came with a year's free downloads of music from the ovi store, so i will try to make the most of that
Indeed, the deafult Symbian browser, although partially competent, is nowhere near as good as Opera Mobile. I used it on my E63 when I had it.

One of the supervisors at KFC has one and she likes it well enough. I (and many others) didn't understand why there was single tap in some places and double tap in some places... but there you go.
Stoney!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz o405

Post by Stoney! »

Have a Nokia N8, I was pretty let down by it at first as it had a few problems. Every now and again the backlight wouldn't switch of, or when using the numpad to type messages completely different letters would come up to what i was pressing, battery life was barely 10 hours a day and 'ovi social' (combined twitter and facebook client) was terrible. Biggest problem was it wasn't alerting me of any messages I recieved. But since then a number of upgrades have been made to fix said problems and more.

In the next couple of months A whole new firmware is said to be being released to upgrade the browser and inbuilt social app amongst a lot of other things, can't wait. It's an awesome phone, just let down by a few bugs at first.

Stoney!
Proud Volkswagen Golf owner...

Mercees o305g:- one of the best buses ever built
ka9102
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by ka9102 »

a nokia 1616! :oops: :cry:
transporting oranges to the world...
tone167
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. MAN SL200 (1982-2011)

Post by tone167 »

moto51 wrote:Nokia XXX box, no camera, no mp3, it's one of the first colour screens. Can't remember the model number
3530?

I had one of those from 2002 up until 6 months ago, when I bit the bullet and got a HTC Desire. Whilst the battery life of the Desire isn't brilliant (2 days max for the Desire vs 2 weeks for the old Nokia), it's still a brilliant phone. Does all the cool stuff that an iPhone does (and more!) without the whole 'me too' vibe that iPhones give off. ;)
Saab 900 1978-93: The best Scania ever made.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

tone167 wrote:
moto51 wrote:Nokia XXX box, no camera, no mp3, it's one of the first colour screens. Can't remember the model number
3530?

I had one of those from 2002 up until 6 months ago, when I bit the bullet and got a HTC Desire. Whilst the battery life of the Desire isn't brilliant (2 days max for the Desire vs 2 weeks for the old Nokia), it's still a brilliant phone. Does all the cool stuff that an iPhone does (and more!) without the whole 'me too' vibe that iPhones give off. ;)
For a smartphone such as the Desire, two days is usually considered very good: I get a day out of mine (but then again, mine's syncing quite often with my Google Services, Twitter and so on)
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

I am about to ditch the Nokia N8 I have had for about 6 months as I now have a HTC Desire HD through a special deal through "All Phones".
The Desire HD & its Android OS have won me over from Nokia & their Symbian OS.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Indeed, even Nokia agree that Symbian is terrible, to the point where they've jumped ship to Windows Phone.

It will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Brendan03

Post by Brendan03 »

Volvo B12BLEA wrote:I am about to ditch the Nokia N8 I have had for about 6 months as I now have a HTC Desire HD through a special deal through "All Phones".
The Desire HD & its Android OS have won me over from Nokia & their Symbian OS.

Ahh, All Phones. The store that told me that Apple were no longer making the iPhone 3GS and basically tried to make my father buy the Samsung Galaxy S (I was not letting him make the mistake I did by going to Android nor would I allow anyone I know to buy a Samsung phone) - My father stupidly ended up going back there when they told him they had stock about 4 months later (when he was 2 months from getting out of his contract with Optus)
MAN_LOVER

Post by MAN_LOVER »

iPhone iRant

After a few weeks too long of a very worn out and broken old nokia 6230i (i think), which was finished off back in February after a gush of water came off a roof of a Leyland Tiger on 109 tram during that major storm and saturated it in my pocket and other appendages!

So i did what a lot are doing, got a bloody iphone (it was the eBay aps that won me).... my old phone was a pre-paid too.
I went to an Optus shop, who then made it all sound so easy... until they realised my old learners d/l was not classed as suitable ID with my other items..... sigh, people think you are odd for not driving without them making a point of it.... so i go to the bank and get a bank statement, only for them to highlight i rent and don't have a credit card and were quite happy to point out that is not acceptable, get statement and leave feeling rather put down.... then i go to Optus and give statement.... and get my iPhone.

I only want a phone for simple things like calls, sms and eBay..... that's enough to struggle with... lol. setting it up with that iTunes crap was not easy for this ole fart.

Then i have optus chase me for an overdue bill.... FFS they put down my parents address in NSW which i later noticed was on my bank statement, yet bank sends everything to my current Melbourne address for past 8+ years.... The Indian Optus bloke on phone tells me to fix my account he needs my credit card details.... sigh, back down that path again! Got their Bpay details and fixed it later. Then i spent way too long on phone to an Optus Indian lady who was being too excited and concentrated on being excited and calling me sir and Mr [surname] more times than any other word spoken, well, so it seems, she got my details wrong in the end and had to be corrected a few times during the call..... so now i get a bill and they have changed the spelling of my name and is no longer correct... GRRRRRRR. I am yet to fix that one!

Anyway, this old fart has been trying to battle on with this high tech iGizmo for a few months now, and it's causing more frustration than anything else I've owned.

Well today I've gone to call someone, only to find it recently put all my email account contacts in with my normal phone details, which is not needed or did i ask it to! Now, anyone know how to reverse this?

I am not interested in having my emails on iphone, or iTunes at this stage.
As for eBay, it tends to bombard u with reminders on something i am watching for the sake of it, and fails to remind me for the items i do want to bid on .... GRRRRR

Thanks, even tho i know nobody cares, i have off loaded my frustrations.

Regards,

iConfused
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

iConfused,

I have an iPhone and after a small amount of months was so over it. I only still have it because of all the apps I use I got from iTunes.
This phone has put me right off Apple products, except those ones you can eat :-)
Had more problems with the iPhone than any other brand.

There were some pics I had taken and when I went to bluetooth them to a friend I then found out you cant do that unless you go through all the iTunes crap first. The volume when up high still makes it hard to hear calls when outside and their is a lot of background noise like traffic.

The only product I use with the letter "i" in front of it that doesn't give me trouble is my iRon.

iPhone & other Apple products are so over-rated. Others will disagree, fair enough, just my opinion I am entitled to air.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.

Return to “The Lunch Room”