What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Posts: 1923
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:01 am
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 898
Location: Earth's Scania capital

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

Heroin, ice addicts told to ‘stock up’ for virus
An article like this is on several news websites, but most seem to be paywalled.

This search link shows evidence of the articles -

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +for+virus

scott
Posts: 1238
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:18 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by scott »

Clive Palmer- too much money, not enough sense.

User avatar
Newcastle Flyer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:20 am
Location: Somewhere between here, there & anywhere!

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

That today is not celebrated when Lieutenant James Cook (he was only captain of his ship) landed in what is now Australia, but especially how the prime minister had to postpone the event that was meant to take place.
White lives matter too, as do ALL lives.

User avatar
Newcastle Flyer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:20 am
Location: Somewhere between here, there & anywhere!

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

No ABC, Captain Cook did NOT wrongfully claim Australia.
White lives matter too, as do ALL lives.

User avatar
Newcastle Flyer
Posts: 4488
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:20 am
Location: Somewhere between here, there & anywhere!

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• To that old woman the speed limit on that road is 60kmh, NOT about 35 kmh!
A motorist that goes that slow holding up traffic shouldn't be driving.

• Mrs or Miss van diemen. She should be made to apologise for her comments about Captain Cook and the virus. Someone claimed on the radio that she studied at James Cook University. Daniel Andrews should sack her.

•Greta & her followers claim the climate is warming, but, but, but today has been one of the coldest May days. So how does she & her follows explain the large snowfalls today?
White lives matter too, as do ALL lives.

User avatar
MotorOmnibus8562
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.
Location: The Place with the World's biggest Rolling Pin.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: •Greta & her followers claim the climate is warming, but, but, but today has been one of the coldest May days. So how does she & her follows explain the large snowfalls today?
  • In General, The Climate Across Earth is Warming Thanks to CO2 emissions, If it was very cold yesterday then its probably because of Excessive Evaporation of Water being pulled by the hot air. Maybe this might be the cause of the cold weather, I might be right or I might be wrong, thats just my hypothesis

    Edit: I made a mistake...
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Sun May 03, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
#JusticeforGeorge
Climate Denial in Politics should be banned
and yes this is my opinion.

TA3001
Posts: 1923
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:01 am
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 898
Location: Earth's Scania capital

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

(Allegedly) human jukeboxes on buses that whistle and sing. They just won't shut the **** up!

Merc1107
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 am
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses
Location: Perth

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Merc1107 »

Is cheerful whistling or singing really a contravention of some U.N. charter!?

User avatar
Swift
Posts: 10934
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra
Location: Ettalong- the world capital of 0405s.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

^ they're imposing their happiness on everyone. It's wrong!
Unapologetically hate attention seeking bus pax.

User avatar
Centralian
Posts: 2295
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:03 pm

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Centralian »

Pity we don't have a Constitution as such that allows us the right to bear arms.
Would be a lot less whistling around the place !
Last edited by Centralian on Sat May 02, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TA3001
Posts: 1923
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:01 am
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 898
Location: Earth's Scania capital

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

I can't stand whistling full stop. Deal with it folks.

Actually the douchebag looked to be under the influence of sonething nasty, and the whistling was only for a few seconds.

Also, ****s that drive with their windows open and yell out insults to pedestrians! One of the very reasons why I think that driving with the windows fully wound down shoud be considered an offence. I am serious.

User avatar
Centralian
Posts: 2295
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:03 pm

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Centralian »

Agree with your point about whistling being annoying.
We have one guy in my area I seem to always cross in Coles, he does a whole concert while walking down the aisles.
Totally oblivious that he may be intruding on other peoples space.
I'd call it 'vocal graffiti' , just as bad.
"..........If you're happy and you know it......think of others .........and just smile......." (sing along tune)

User avatar
Campbelltown busboy
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Ruse/Campbelltown City NSW

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

TA3001 wrote:Also, ****s that drive with their windows open and yell out insults to pedestrians! One of the very reasons why I think that driving with the windows fully wound down shoud be considered an offence. I am serious.
There's the people that drive during summer with their a/c on high and windows wound down because the a/c is too cold because people think that a/c In a car is like the inverter air conditioner with auto climate eco mode they have at home
1000 posts and counting
1st post Sun Aug 11 2013 8:04pm
1000th post Sun Dec 15 2019 4:30pm

User avatar
3805
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:56 am
Location: Lubyanka, MOCKBA (Moscow)

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by 3805 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:
  • In General, The Climate Across Earth is Warming Thanks to CO2 emissions, If it was very cold yesterday then its probably because of Excessive Evaporation of Water being pulled by the hot air. Maybe this might be the cause of the cold weather, I might be right or I might be wrong, thats just my theory...
You're a qualified climatologist now? You seem to have an answer to everything. It will be interesting to see how these months of reduced pollution and emissions will relate to figures on "climate change". Will the climate stop changing? Will Greta acknowledge her use of items such as clothing, electricity, technology including smart phones and transport contribute to her suffering? And more importantly, will she do away will all these items to set an example? It is easy to shoot off one's mouth, but difficult to practice what you preach.
Комитет государственной безопасности​

User avatar
Swift
Posts: 10934
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra
Location: Ettalong- the world capital of 0405s.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:
  • In General, The Climate Across Earth is Warming Thanks to CO2 emissions, If it was very cold yesterday then its probably because of Excessive Evaporation of Water being pulled by the hot air. Maybe this might be the cause of the cold weather, I might be right or I might be wrong, thats just my theory...
I think you mean your hypothesis. I made that folly of calling ideas I pulled out of my limited experience theory up until recently.
Unapologetically hate attention seeking bus pax.

User avatar
Bus Suggestions
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:05 am
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat
Location: The West
Contact:

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

  • Many people have said that it is climate change and not global warming, which I'd say makes more sense. On average, the earth is warming. But across some areas, the climate is actually cooling rather than warming (or across some periods of time). So, people that call climate change global warming give me the S&#ts. It's the coldest end to April for Perth since... a while!
  • In response to MO8562's post, don't theorise unless you actually have some sort of evidence to back it up. Yes, on hotter days, more water is evaporated. However, while that is true, it's not your theory. That theory belongs to the Hindus of the 4th Century BCE. By now, I'd say it's more of a well-known fact that is enhanced by climate change, but is not caused by climate change.
  • Random Capital Letters in Random Sentences.
  • It's time Miss Thunderbird looked at absolutely everything in her life if she's such an advocate for stopping climate change. What was her jumper made out of? Does she realise that any material her boat was made out of would have been taken from the earth? Does she know that being vegan means extra demand on plant-based and synthetic foods and materials, meaning more plants are being cut down and more materials are being mined out of the earth causing more pollution? If she hasn't thought about all that, then she can't be an extremely reliable role model now, can she?
[Insert Signature]

User avatar
MotorOmnibus8562
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.
Location: The Place with the World's biggest Rolling Pin.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Bus Suggestions wrote:
  • Many people have said that it is climate change and not global warming, which I'd say makes more sense. On average, the earth is warming. But across some areas, the climate is actually cooling rather than warming (or across some periods of time). So, people that call climate change global warming give me the S&#ts. It's the coldest end to April for Perth since... a while!"

Its much easier for me to use the term" climate change."
Rather than global warming, because sometimes excessive CO2 emissions can cause cold weather too.
Bus Suggestions wrote: [*]In response to MO8562's post, don't theorise unless you actually have some sort of evidence to back it up. Yes, on hotter days, more water is evaporated. However, while that is true, [i]it's not your theory.[/i] That theory belongs to the Hindus of the 4th Century BCE. By now, I'd say it's more of a well-known fact that is enhanced by climate change, but is not caused by climate change.

:oops: Oops

I didn't mean that, but thank you for pointing my mistake out.
Bus Suggestions wrote: [*]It's time Miss Thunderbird looked at absolutely everything in her life if she's such an advocate for stopping climate change. What was her jumper made out of? Does she realise that any material her boat was made out of would have been taken from the earth? Does she know that being vegan means extra demand on plant-based and synthetic foods and materials, meaning more plants are being cut down and more materials are being mined out of the earth causing more pollution? If she hasn't thought about all that, then she can't be an extremely reliable role model now, can she?[/list]
Fair point, Man is still reliant on animals to the point that even our MONEY NOTES have traces of animals in them (I saw a video on Facebook demonstrating this the other day)

Some "Vegan" foods are actually bad for you because they are processed. You can't really get away from using animal products.

What Greta mainly talking about is NOT to stop emissions straight away, its to transition to using renewables to the point Greenhouse Gas Emissions have stopped.....

We still have a lot of work to do to save the planet......

==============================================

I apologise if anyone was confused by one of my earlier posts

==============================================

More things that give me the you'know

Accidentally submitting a post while typing it.



Note: Expanding on post accidentally submitted
#JusticeforGeorge
Climate Denial in Politics should be banned
and yes this is my opinion.

User avatar
Centralian
Posts: 2295
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:03 pm

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Centralian »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Fair point, Man is still reliant on animals to the point that even our MONEY NOTES have traces of animals in them (I saw a video on Facebook demonstrating this the other day)
Some "Vegan" foods are actually bad for you because they are processed. You can't really get away from using animal products.
I don't agree. I've been vegan for many years and my wife nearly all her adult life.
Humankind is not reliant on animals - it chooses to exploit animals, or 'speciesism' as some refer to it.
Food, clothes, cosmetics, soap etc and almost all things one needs for daily life and to survive can be sourced without animals having to suffer or give up their lives for our pleasure.
Any food in excess is bad for you. Just because they make vegan ice cream, doesn't mean you have to eat it. The sugar will still get you whichever option you eat.
To me being vegan is about compassion for all living things, not just about my dietary indulgences.

User avatar
Bus Suggestions
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:05 am
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat
Location: The West
Contact:

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Ah, time for next shotpost.
I believe differently. Animals are fine to eat and we should be allowed to take their products, provided that our actions are in moderation and animals are provided with most elements of the lifestyle they would've had if they weren't being bred by humans. The knife should be sharpened and it should be quick so as not to have them feel pain for sustained amounts of time. However, excessive captive breeding and over-farming should be avoided at all costs.

I'm not saying vegans are wrong, do what you want if you so choose. But don't impede other people from sharing different beliefs. If we let you live in peace, surely you should let us live in peace? Lobby for better animal rights, yes. But don't go around with your banners and plastic tubes and proceed to block off every butcher and street in the CBD! If you want to invite people to veganism, learn the subtle art of gentle persuasion, to share your thoughts and show people the bright side. By blocking off other peoples' lives, you've probably shunned more people away from veganism than brought them in. Paint a good picture, then people might like it.

Bringing it to a close with point 3, be aware of your intention when you act. Research it. If you believe we are hurting animals, go ahead. There is some sort of truth in that, depending on the people/group/culture. But if you are vegan because it will solve climate change, know that you are being extremely ironic and probably accelerating that.

So TL;DR (or too messy; didn't understand), people/companies that exploit the living hell out of animals give me the S&#Ts. People who block other's lifestyles just because they don't share the same beliefs give me the S&#Ts. And people who do something based on an ironic intention somewhat give me the S&#Ts.
[Insert Signature]

User avatar
MotorOmnibus8562
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.
Location: The Place with the World's biggest Rolling Pin.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Centralian wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Fair point, Man is still reliant on animals to the point that even our MONEY NOTES have traces of animals in them (I saw a video on Facebook demonstrating this the other day)
Some "Vegan" foods are actually bad for you because they are processed. You can't really get away from using animal products.
I don't agree. I've been vegan for many years and my wife nearly all her adult life.
Humankind is not reliant on animals - it chooses to exploit animals, or 'speciesism' as some refer to it.
Food, clothes, cosmetics, soap etc and almost all things one needs for daily life and to survive can be sourced without animals having to suffer or give up their lives for our pleasure.
Any food in excess is bad for you. Just because they make vegan ice cream, doesn't mean you have to eat it. The sugar will still get you whichever option you eat.
To me being vegan is about compassion for all living things, not just about my dietary indulgences.
Oopsie again, I didn't realise I made another mistake here.....
#JusticeforGeorge
Climate Denial in Politics should be banned
and yes this is my opinion.

User avatar
MotorOmnibus8562
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.
Location: The Place with the World's biggest Rolling Pin.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Well thanks for teaching me something, I now learned something new about the climate crisis.....
#JusticeforGeorge
Climate Denial in Politics should be banned
and yes this is my opinion.

User avatar
MotorOmnibus8562
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 am
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.
Location: The Place with the World's biggest Rolling Pin.

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

The sound of motorbikes every few days - or so coming from The (somehow) Bogan family that lives a few houses up from me, The sound of Motorbikes often happens in the late afternoon - Just before the time I usually go to sleep.
#JusticeforGeorge
Climate Denial in Politics should be banned
and yes this is my opinion.

User avatar
Centralian
Posts: 2295
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:03 pm

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Centralian »

Bus Suggestions wrote: [*]It's time Miss Thunderbird looked at absolutely everything in her life if she's such an advocate for stopping climate change. What was her jumper made out of? Does she realise that any material her boat was made out of would have been taken from the earth? Does she know that being vegan means extra demand on plant-based and synthetic foods and materials, meaning more plants are being cut down and more materials are being mined out of the earth causing more pollution?
I'm moving on from this topic as buses I think are more of a uniting subject on this board. I will say, in a polite and friendly way, that the above comments are rubbish ! Plant based food is a word adopted by commercial interests targeting a market for their products. The term 'vegan' goes further and is a lifestyle some people aspire to. Vegan food can mean fresh, unprocessed, non animal origin foods - it doesn't need any synthetic substances. It certainly doesn't mean materials being mined out of the ground. I would also hardly say the horticultural industry producing vegetables and the like means "more plants are cut down' and in turn causing more pollution. I suspect cow farts across our rural landscape are doing more damage.

We can each only do our own little bit to try and make the world a better place before we move on. Love her or hate her, I think 'Miss Thunderbird' as you call her, is doing her bit. I can only respect her for that - but I'll admit she does have some annoying characteristics.

User avatar
Bus Suggestions
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:05 am
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat
Location: The West
Contact:

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I like to drop a few nicknames here and there. The more annoying the person is, the slightly more insulting the nickname. She advocates for the right result, with good intent, but there is still much in her 'small actions' that are left desired. Yes, I think this topic should only pop up every now and again, not too frequently. And frankly, I think it is time we moved on.

Twelvies (no offence intended) who steal others videos, and claim it as their own. At least the channel is getting copystriked, and twice as of now. I don't really mind getting videos off the internet, so long as appropriate permission is sought and credited to the original owner. But this claiming the video as theirs is utterly wrong! I'd have thought most people would be sensible enough to realise that, but it seems I was mistaken. The stolen videos were also presented with high quality ultra negative upscaling in 5fps, complete with Bandicam watermark.
[Insert Signature]

User avatar
ScaniaGrenda
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:46 am
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

for content creators Youtube as a whole is just utterly incompetent, there's virtually no support for smaller no-name (not known) channels, you have to beg & plead for your case to be heard or manage to get it picked up by the bigger youtubers before Youtube will step in and say "Okay something is wrong, we're looking into it". False copyright strikes are so common out on there it isn't funny. While Youtube can't have any control over the DMCA system, I still reckon there should be verification stages before a claim is launched. I've heard of a case recently where someone was able to launch a false / fake claim (whether it be copyright or something else) and managed to obtain another Youtubers personal address. Clickbait is rampant & always will be, people are still gaming the system & Youtube knows that but if your smash fish and you make one small mistake it's the red penalty card for you, yet the bigger channels get away with ridiculous things the rest of us wouldn't. Flagging dangerous or unsuitable videos is a 50/50 as to whether it'll be removed or it'll stay.

There's a lot more I could go on with but I'd rather not, at least not for now. For most of us it's the most hassle free video media site with a huge viewer & user base, the only other company I could ever see catching up to Youtube is Microsoft if they were to create their own video site but it'll take many many years of work to be on par with Youtube.

Post Reply

Return to “The Lunch Room”