• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby Cazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Bus Suggestions wrote:West Coast should've, could've, would've been 2nd on the AFL Ladder. Seeing them lose all the time in the SCG....

Cheer cheer!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVrSiGKXwa0
New Brisbane Transport Network: https://bit.ly/2VV7QB0
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm

• Being first to line up at around 09:15 for the vintage buses on Monday when a person behind me didn't like me saying "If you're for the vintage buses, please line up after me."

Then after the line got slightly longer, a woman attempted to push in before the others. I just told her (nicely) if you for the vintage buses, then please go to back of the line.

THIS! Again another using the "race card".

• Good grief, going by some of the Home & Away promos are some of the actors really that bad?
They definitely have spoiled that show. I believe Debra Lawrence declined to play Pippa again because the show is not what it's meant to be - and who could blame her if correct.
Australia Day - the most important day in Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Cazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:THIS! Again another using the "race card".

Surely, you're delusional. This guy was unarmed and beaten by a group of officers who took complete advantage of his vulnerability the moment he was pulled from the car. Yes, he may have been acting in an unruly manner leading to his arrest. However, it's completely inexcusable the way he was treated.

Calling someone a black c***, dropping racist slurs and making fun of them, particularly on a day that has caused so much grief to all Aboriginals for almost 250 years does not at all require someone to pull a race card out to defend themselves. And nor should they ever have to.

Also, did you even read the article? It says he still "pleaded guilty" to the charges he was faced with, only his jail sentence was dropped. Surely rehab is a better option for someone than rotting away in jail for 10 months, wasting government resources right? So I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to argue.

And can you please do something other than whinge and rant on this thread about anything and everything that may be a slight inconvenience to you and ruin your idea of a "perfect world"? We live in Australia ffs. You should be grateful for that in itself!
Cazza

Postby Swift » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 am

^ Look for another topic.
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 am

Passengers that get on the bus as other passengers are leaving the bus. Drivers shouldn't open the doors till the exiting passenger is at the front of the bus that way it'll prevent people getting in the way. Sadly we don't use Rear doors down here (except for Newcastle Transport)
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 am

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Passengers that get on the bus as other passengers are leaving the bus. Drivers shouldn't open the doors till the exiting passenger is at the front of the bus that way it'll prevent people getting in the way. Sadly we don't use Rear doors down here (except for Newcastle Transport)
The operator witch in most parts of the Hunter is CDC Hunter Valley has guidelines that drivers need to follow that includes the use or the rear door witch states where and when it's ok for a driver to use the rear door
My avatar is a Scania L113CRB Custom Coaches 510 in TNSW livery
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby TA3001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

With multi door buses, it's best to activate them as soon as it's stopped and is safe to do so. The driver is permitted to request passengers to refrain from boarding in these circumstances anyhow, so I can't see how this will make a difference.

It's a less peculiar situation than a passenger knocking on the door in the turning lane on a \busy main road eg whilst it's stopped at an intersection. The best protocol here is to let them on. There are a few drivers who prefer to be level with the stop post, and will refrain from activating the doors until they are perfectly aligned, even if it takes 8 or more minutes.

Personally it's not something I'd encourage or prefer to do if I was behind the wheel, but I can sort of sense what persuades them to enact this in the first place.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 pm

With Hunter Valley buses Thornton and Singleton (not sure about Edgeworth, Toronto or Morisett for that matter) I've never seen them use the rear doors on buses. Some of the older "Custom 550" Mercs are fitted with rear doors but never seen them used except for school charters back in the day. Heck Thornton even has some Scania K230UB's with dual rear doors but again I've never seen them used. I wouldn't be complaining if they actually used the rear doors for that matter unless your someone whose getting off the front of the bus and another passenger getting on the bus gets in your way.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Shanty town bogans on the dole! Just stay the **** away from me, bloody parasites!
TA3001

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:With Hunter Valley buses Thornton and Singleton (not sure about Edgeworth, Toronto or Morisett for that matter) I've never seen them use the rear doors on buses. Some of the older "Custom 550" Mercs are fitted with rear doors but never seen them used except for school charters back in the day. Heck Thornton even has some Scania K230UB's with dual rear doors but again I've never seen them used. I wouldn't be complaining if they actually used the rear doors for that matter unless your someone whose getting off the front of the bus and another passenger getting on the bus gets in your way.
Hillsbus Northmead and Foundry road rarely use the rear door when unloading at stops outside interchange stops like Parramatta and Blacktown not sure if Dural uses rear door buses on any local north west area runs and the Seven Hills depot has 29 one door 2001/2002 Volvo B10BLE Custom CB60s and 4 one door 2007 Scania K94UB Volgren CR221Ls
My avatar is a Scania L113CRB Custom Coaches 510 in TNSW livery
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby Swift » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:43 pm

The idea of TNSW running things was to bring the privates into line with Government bus standards of service but this hasn't happened in all areas and they stick to archaic practises like having a paranoia of operating centre/back doors in this day and age. If it's ok with the RTBU why are they so uptight to this day?
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Not to say it's impossible through. There's a 3% chance a Thornton driver will let you out via the back door if the bus is fitted with one. I had it happen earlier in the year. Tho the rest of the time even if you are at the back of the bus and are alighting you still need to exit via the front doors even if the bus is fitted with rear doors of any type.

What gives me the s&#t's today? Going for a drive with a friend on a residential street and some impatient moron in a Toyota Tarago overtakes us, all because my friend was abiding by the road rules (doing the correct speed limit) and the Tarago driver didn't like that. If you speed the cops will get you, if you do the speed limit and follow conditions other drivers get impatient and overtake or flip you off. Seriously again if your an impatient driver like Mr Tarago then please report to the nearest RMS and retake a driving test.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm

When you've organised with a friend to get a ride with them to a special function and they pull out at the last second now leaving you with no way of getting to said function now.

S&#T happens but it's at the last second things that give me the S&#t's.
ScaniaGrenda

Re: What things do you find Annoying?

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:59 am

Ads popping up on my computer saying “Go Date this Hot Person” or similar.
First I do not know the person that they want me to date.
Secondly I don’t care how “hot” they are,
Third, I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to date anyone, The reason would be that the person I would be dating would ask for trouble.

When I remove these ads, they like to reappear on me, Eventually, I can make them disappear from my eyes.

ads like these annoy me all the time! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
please Support Greta Thunberg. Please Declare a Climate emergency!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby TA3001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Clearly sounds like malware. Download Avast antivirus or something ASAP to eliminate this trash. I had similar garbage infecting my phone, but it seems to have stopped now since I installed Avast and some other anti-junk programs.

This program isn't flawless, and the mobile version has ads, but it does to the job to a degree. Alternatively, you can install Microsoft security essentials. I would also recommend looking for programs installed on your PC that you didn't actually download. They may have gotten there through rogue installers.

Windows itself does not include ads (excluding the 'Get windows 10') crap that finally disappeared a while ago, which wasn't actually malware, but a strange MS promotion.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Malwarebytes is also pretty good, I think the free version just does manual scanning and manual removing and the paid side includes real time protection. TA3001 is right, those popup advertisements could've come through a dodgy installer or fake application (trojan).

Word of advice, stay away from sites like download.com / softronic, those sites can be full of dodgy programs that still come with dodgy malware and viruses to this day, even if the respective operators of the website say otherwise. I mean why on earth would a site like download.com have a normally paid program as "Free" for example? that should raise red flags.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Ok

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby TA3001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:09 pm

Folks having lipsex in public. There are more appropriate places for this than a cbd bus stop!
TA3001

Postby Swift » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm

TA3001 wrote:Folks having lipsex in public. There are more appropriate places for this than a cbd bus stop!

That's a very appropriate term. It should be classed as fornicating in public. It makes you uncomfortable being forced to see that. One guy even had the temerity to smirk at me after finishing the deed on a train one time and he had one of those really punchable faces too. It's a sad reality that many women are drawn to men like that. No wonder we have so many I guess.
I once had a couple have actual sex in the train and I was the only other passenger in the deck!
Swift

Postby Cazza » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:17 am

I work on the checkouts and at the service desk at Woolies and there is honestly nothing more awkward than a young couple going at it while you have to pack their bags and avoid all eye contact for the rest of the transaction. The mission is then to get them out the door ASAP!
Cazza

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:45 pm

My Council (Wodonga) making The main Street soooooooo narrow that the buses may not be able to use it.

MotorOmnibus8562

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Every time I say I’ve finished my letter to ScoMo I feel like something is missing.......

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby TA3001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Is the above some kind of joke?
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 pm

When the stations PA says the train is delayed by 5, 10 mins (and so fourth) but you see it about to pull in at the station, way to make false announcements NSW Tranlink.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:42 pm

TA3001 wrote:Is the above some kind of joke?

I’m actually writing a letter to him....

MotorOmnibus8562

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room