• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby scott » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 am

Derryn Hinch saying he will continue to drink despite his liver transplant, the family of the donor would be apalled.
scott

Postby Swift » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 am

He's not as noble as he would like us to believe. His ego is his primary concern I think!
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby mubd » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 pm

If he wasn't a boozer, he'd be the first one to start a big campaign to prevent alcoholics from receiving liver transplants which delays other people needing liver transplants who have better long-term prospects.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
mubd

Postby Swift » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:06 pm

You've hit the nail on the head mubd, he has the hide to defend what he is doing. I guess with age, his true colours have come through.
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Postby scott » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

People too busy talking, texting, or on that damn Facebook on their smart phones to move down towards the back of a bus or a train carriage, and once someone tells them to move, they get all stroppy.

Bring back the good old days of the old dumb phones and manners and respect.
scott

Postby Swift » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 pm

And HR Holdens!
Swift

Postby Merc1107 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm

scott wrote:People too busy talking, texting, or on that damn Facebook on their smart phones to move down towards the back of a bus or a train carriage, and once someone tells them to move, they get all stroppy.

Bring back the good old days of the old dumb phones and manners and respect.

Funny, just yesterday I experienced this on a bus service utilising an artic. A group of university students decided to stand in the turntable area and not move further back. Faced with more passengers attempting to board further on in the journey, I yelled out "YOU PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE NEED TO MOVE DOWN THE BUS!"

Some members of ATDB claim the rear step on Australian low-floor buses causes this... But when the passengers stop at the turntable well before the steps? It makes you wonder.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:05 am

The editor(s) of the Newcastle Herald for not checking readers' letters to the Herald. Because the editor(s) may NOT have checked a letter to the editor last week, part of today's (I'd say more than a part) opinion piece in today's Herald piece is incorrect.

A person wrote that to get to Swansea to Newcastle, you MUST go to Mt. Hutton, change there, and MUST then change at Charlestown. Of course that is incorrect. Sure, have an opinion, but don't have a fact that is not correct.

See the opinion piece here: https://tinyurl.com/y76sq965
Newcastle Herald opinion piece wrote:But as Herald correspondent Ken Godwin (Short Takes 20 March) points out, the Opal card does capture data around passengers who – because of route changes – now require three buses where one previously sufficed. Mr Godwin provides the example of the Swansea to Newcastle route now being Swansea to Mt Hutton, Mt Hutton to Charlestown and Charlestown to Newcastle.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby AccordV6L » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Pretty common annoyance, but people who are totally clueless lf their surroundings. I hate them! Yesterday at the intersection of Park and Bathurst Streets during PM peak, pedestrians had a green light so I began to walk across, I look to my left and see this car who ran the red and braked to avoid me and other pedestrians. I gave a small WTF gesture, driver moved forward so I throw my arms up and say "What the actual f**k are you doing?!".

The driver was an Asian woman in her mid 20's, in a Holden Captiva. Guy walking behind me was 10x angrier than I was. Started yelling at her before threatening to kick the headlights in.
AccordV6L

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10BLE/APG Orana: 3860

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Newcastle Transport bus drivers that terminate at Frederick St & claim to the passengers that Pearson St is the last stop. I don't know how many wanted to go to Frederick St, but it was a fair few - & he ordered an elderly passenger off his bus.
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Swift » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm

^They don't seem any better on foot. I've had a few recent instances of young Chinese women/ girls on the footpath walking straight toward me and refusing to go around, expecting me to move around them and not apologising in any way. They are becoming arrogant as well as absent minded.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Mosquitoes & flies.

You put inspect repellent on & they know where you put it on, and where you can't, such as those bloomin' mosquitoes yesterday OUUUCHH!

PS: I think both are now used to ALL brands of insect repellents.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby scott » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Our local fish and chippery, just got new owners, "Fresh from the Greek Island", written on the colourful new menu.

Sampled it last take away night, in the company of our former neighbours, who we are still very good friends with, Fried fish like rubber and tasted like out of a I&J box, chips seem straight from a McCains packet and not hand made. Potato cakes floppy, Hamburger like Pal dog food.

Whats worse, the girl behind the counter was too busy sitting on the table outside, playing on her smartphone when no one else was at the counter, she missed a phone order when the phone just rang out.
scott

Postby Swift » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Don't you hate it when your favourite takeaway joint or restaurant is falls into different hands and they ruin it. Sounds like that concern won't be around for long.
Swift

Newcastle new network

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

According to the local ABC, there are lots of people going down to NSW parliament about the new networks. I think it's about 100, ie: only two bus routes. Yet 20,000 have supposedly signed a petition to get the old bus routes back.

But 100 out of 20,000 signatures is only ½%, ie "half a percent." So if the people are so keen to get the previous bus routes back, how come the majority couldn't try & get to Sydney?

Sure, they need to fix SOME of the new routes up, or in other words, just modify the existing network and maybe add just a few extra new routes.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Swift » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:06 pm

These little minds just hate any change. It's still a work in progress and it's not going to please all of the people all of the time. They feel entitled for time to freeze and nothing to improve. Luckily they will eventually die off.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 pm

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pages ... -page.aspx

The Liberals wouldn't let Cracker's speak.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:27 pm

YOU STUPID IDIOTS CHANNEL TEN/WIN NEWS

CDC Victoria is NOT part of Keolis Downer Hunter so why bloomin' show a picture of a CDC Victoria bus.

• To those motoristS, a speed limit of 60 & 50 doesn't mean to go at about half those speeds - except for a very valid reason.

• Again, you SEVERAL drivers, repeat after me, me & me! "A green light/arrow means what if safe to do?
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby scott » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 am

The promos for MKR super dinner parties during the Commonwealth Games.

Seven have lost the plot with that show, kick em all off I say.
scott

Postby Merc1107 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 am

The fact Victoria is now home to an "epidemic" of flesh-eating ulcers.
Merc1107

Postby homer9000 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 pm

eddie mcguire and his nightly game show.surely they could have found someone else to host it such as james brayshaw or ed phillips to make it that little bit more bearable.
homer9000

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:17 pm

For CRYING OUT LOUD Swansea MP, Yasmin Catley, how many more times do you need telling that you DON'T change at Mount Hutton & Charlestown from Swansea to Newcastle?
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Daz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Roadworks. Engineering the same bumps into the same road in the same spot in the new surface is a testament to modern technology.
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Daz

Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Postby Merc1107 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Daz wrote:Roadworks. Engineering the same bumps into the same road in the same spot in the new surface is a testament to modern technology.

I guess its what happens when you asphalt right over the top of a degraded bit of road... At least it seems that's what they do sometimes.

The fact that some roads aren't right from the start is another thing. Take Forest Hwy. in W.A. South of Pinjarra Rd., the asphalt changes to the coarse, loud, rough stuff. What I suppose is the "pitch" of the road becomes steeper and rutting in the road becomes very obvious. Drive in the left lane, and the car leans significantly to the left. Change over to the right, and halfway through the manoeuvre, you're level. Once you're in the right lane, you're lopsided again.

Of all the highways I've travelled on (and driven on) here in W.A., the Forest Hwy would have to be the poorest to drive on. And its only 8.5yrs old.
Merc1107

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Dedicated train buses (ie: 110) claiming they don't connect with trains (PS: What happened to the "110" bus marshalls that use to be there?)
• Route 273 bus drivers that leave just as the train is pulling into the station.
• Again, you motorist, if you went on the green arrow if safe, the bus driver wouldn't have had to wait for a second round of the lights.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room