What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

In reply to my picture showing a car parked in a bus zone:-
And again, this time it was two cars parked in the bus zone. A bus once again had to stop in the middle of the road to pick up or let passengers off. The "bus zone" signs are clearly marked as can be seen by my previous post. It makes it dangerous for passengers. What if a passenger was disabled or in a wheelchair? That DID happen with a passenger with a walker. Because the bus driver couldn't park close to the kerb, the passenger had a hard time getting out of the bus.

And twice today: Residents of houses putting witches hats &/or bollards &/or other obstacles in the way to prevent cars from parking in legal car parks.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: And again, this time it was two cars parked in the bus zone. A bus once again had to stop in the middle of the road to pick up or let passengers off. The "bus zone" signs are clearly marked as can be seen by my previous post. It makes it dangerous for passengers. What if a passenger was disabled or in a wheelchair? That DID happen with a passenger with a walker. Because the bus driver couldn't park close to the kerb, the passenger had a hard time getting out of the bus.
You should report the number plates to the police. Who knows, the owners of the cars might get some attention if they're reported frequently.
Newcastle Flyer

And here are the two I meant yesterday:

You can see from that photo that it was virtually impossible for a bus driver to stop for passengers. The bus driver would have had to stop in the middle of the road.
TA3001 wrote:You should report the number plates to the police. Who knows, the owners of the cars might get some attention if they're reported frequently.
I have. We went to the council first. Council says is a police matter. Police say it's a council matter (& we're got more important things to do). The bus company has already been notified. The only thing left to do (which I did) is to put notes in between their wipers & windscreen and let them know that photos may have or have been sent to parking rangers. I have even gone to a commuter group (NO, not the one you may think it is) The other day, it must have been a worker of that centre, as his car was parked their for around 13 hours. I accidentally saw the driver of the first one & boy he looked angry - I left a note on his car. The centre when you know it's their workers say it's a council matter & won't do anything.

I don't really mind if they are just picking up or letting people off, it's when they park there that is the issue.

And again two today as well.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:

I have. We went to the council first. Council says is a police matter. Police say it's a council matter (& we're got more important things to do).

The other day, it must have been a worker of that centre, as his car was parked their for around 13 hours.

The centre when you know it's their workers say it's a council matter & won't do anything.

And again two today as well.
This is why it goes on when no one gives a sh|t about it. Why have these laws at all if authorities are going to pick and choose what they feel like enforcing, despite being notified? I think a few letters need to be sent to the right people. Will it take a well publicised broken neck from a passenger stumble before it is taken with due seriousness?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

^ Swift while I know they can't do anything about the customers, they CAN do something about any staff that works there. But I've already said passengers may hold the centre responsible if any accidents happen due to their staff parking in bus stops. They still just tried to brush it off.

Edit: 1833:06 Mon 25 Dec 2017 - Corrected word "reonsible" to "responsible".
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Unbelievable. :!:
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Post by lunchbox »

On illegal parkers on bus stops.......
Your local printer will print you flouro stick-on notices, with appropriate wording, for the offending winscreens. The key is he should use adhesive which hardens under sunlight and can only be disolved with petrol etc. You stick it right in the driver's line-of-sight.
Newcastle Flyer

The residents opposite do make it hard though, as many of them (not all of them) park on the street - highly likely to prevent customers parking outside their houses & a number still illegally put witches hats or obstacles in the way outside their houses to try & block legal car parking on the road.
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

Christmas lunch with my dad's side of the family (my mother refers to them as the outlaws), food was crap, company was rubbish, just hows how disconnected we are with relatives. Sparks flew a lot and chaos reigned when tearaway 4 year old bogan cousin, dressed in his play firefighter gear he got for Christmas, turned the hose on everyone through the open screen door.

Feel a bit depressed today.
Newcastle Flyer

We are passengers, not customers!
And no, seats aren't to put baggage on.

In regards to the illegal parking in bus stops, some are waiting a consiberable amount of time or using their phones while in their vehicles. Their are other places to stop to answer phones.

"Well it like goes like "if you know what I mean" this you like see, "do you know what I mean"!
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

And again another car (looks to be a regular car) parked in bus zone. Even a note on the windscreen doesn't seem to stop them!
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Me succumbing to the temptation to try and record another NL232 in fifth gear!

Only 10 of the Camden Park ones to go before my dignity is err......

I mean they are the weirdest vehicles Adelaide was unfortunate enough to be gifted.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

pakistani/indians/muslims/islams on my cruise ship holidays who don't get the message of no means no,sorry as a straight man dancing with another man makes me look like a poof,them looking like a top bloke to their mates but annoying to society,them denying their actions make one run for their lives and them and their possession ship with everything.the security denies everything and can't prove anything via cc tv.i would sooner trust a snake then trust one of them,work in conjunction with my DSP at my disability enterprise doing all kinds of packaging jobs EVEN if the pay rates are a bit of a joke than work with people of that kind of background in their pizza shops doing home deliveries(I do have a disability)and would sooner use a premium taxi kind of service than step foot into a taxi driven by people of the backgrounds mentioned.
scott

Post by scott »

Trying to read online news articles, only to get a paywall, it is cheaper to buy the paper, or better still, read it at McDonalds for free with a free small cup of water.
Newcastle Flyer

School Holidays Strike Again

School Hooligandays Strike Again!
Yet again, buses were diverted due to low-life scumbags brats &/or "brattettes" throwing rocks at buses.
As soon as it came over the bus radio, it was obvious where it was!
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

That bitch in Victoria (you all know who I mean) continually playing down the woeful PC driven police response to scumbag African youth gangs.
MSN also playing it down by quoting flawed stats claiming you are 25 times more likely to be assaulted by an Aussie/NZer than a person of Sudanese/Kenyan origin.
I have a better one for you. Someone from this minority community is six times more likely to be arrested than the rest of population. Our immigration policies are coming to the fore, proving what a disaster it was to admit these people in.
The only way to deal with them I no holds barred clamp downs and unceremoniously chuck out all offenders from MY country!
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:I have a better one for you. Someone from this minority community is six times more likely to be arrested than the rest of population. Our immigration policies are coming to the fore, proving what a disaster it was to admit these people in.
The only way to deal with them I no holds barred clamp downs and unceremoniously chuck out all offenders from MY country!
The statistical likelihood of being arrested was something I spied in the weekend edition of The Australian. Actual arrest numbers are much lower than Australian/NZ persons (well duh!) - just goes to show how you can make numbers say absolutely anything you want.
Swift

Post by Swift »

That worthless youth affairs minister with her average looking head of hers stuck up her a%$s claims critics are offering up simplistic solutions that require more.
Well you oxygen soaking left wing do gooder ideologue, here is my simplistic solution.

Lots and lots of bops on the head and body with these.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Tail lights on some cars that are almost as bright as some headlights. Are rear headlights on cars really necessary?
Perth Jaywalker

Post by Perth Jaywalker »

Excessively bright (but "low beam") headlights in general, especially the LED/blue ones on newer cars.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

TA3001 wrote:Tail lights on some cars that are almost as bright as some headlights. Are rear headlights on cars really necessary?
Might be people who have zero understanding about how the foglights work, and have inadvertently switched on the rear fog lamps.
Perth Jaywalker wrote:Excessively bright (but "low beam") headlights in general, especially the LED/blue ones on newer cars.
Another peeve of mine - caused by headlight regulation that has failed to keep up with progressions in technology. 50w lights today are a different kettle of fish to those 50yrs ago...
Swift

Post by Swift »

I came across a Rangie in a McRonalds drive thru with their fancy white headlamps pointing into my eyes as I walked along the footpath. The car was positioned on an angle so as the left hand headlight shone right into my face. Should have told the driver but, knowing the ilk of Range Rover drivers, I would have been sworn at.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

These jokers from Mile End depot who continuously tap the pedal to keep a bus in motion. Seems to be a consistent annoyance but only on my local route for some reason, and mainly on high floors.

So bloody uncomfortable! There's at least 4 of these pests that do this all from the same depot.
Newcastle Flyer

Story on ACA at the moment about bus stops. One of the routes shown was 5xx & 379.

The "seniors" are upset that their bus stop has been removed, and are upset they have to walk up to an extra 100 metres. An extra 100 metres??? ACA claimed it was a steep hill. Of course, a garage in the background hows that the camera was deliberately set on an angle to make the hill look steeper.

And how stupid A CurrentLESS Affair is to stop a bus on a corner, & to interview a bus driver from the middle of the road. Thankfully the driver said he signed a contract that he couldn't comment.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Why did the bus driver stop his bus in an unsafe spot for the camera crew anyway??

Return to “The Lunch Room”