What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Homer9000, don't you mean Julie Bishop's mother?

PS: A number of elections ago, the Liberals were more religious than they are now, as they had "two Abbotts, two Bishops & a Church" running as candidates! :lol:
Andrew Constance wrote:"Mr Constance apologised to customers and said he understood their frustration.
Andrew CONstance, your apology is NOT accepted.

• A passenger asked the bus driver to wait for her friend/relative or whatever even though he was already about 8 minutes late. (yell) THEY SHOULD'VE BOTH BEEN AT THE STOP BEFORE, REPEAT BEFORE THE BUS IS DUE TO LEAVE THE STOP. (end yelling)

Bus drivers should be able to say, "We are not going to wait for your other passenger, he/she should've been at the stop before we are due to leave".

• I suppose bus drivers aren't allowed to tell off passengers who stand up to get off, then he searches his bag to find his Opal card so he can tap off?

If they're not, they should be allowed to.
scott wrote:That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.
Seventh, not fifth prime minister counting ScoMo, as you count Rudd's second go separately to his first go.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Homer9000, don't you mean Julie Bishop's mother?
No, I believe he was referring to Bronwyn Bishop, who is indeed the mother of TV personality Angela Bishop.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

They're related? Aussie celebrities!! Don't tell me her status as daughter of Atilla the hen didn't get her a break in TV.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

ARGGGGGH! We're getting Alan Jones on a certain station starting with "S" from Sunday.

But he's one of the ones, as is Andrew Bolt that tried to get Phony Tony (Tony Abbott) to be one of people in the challenge.

ARGGGGGH!, it also includes The Bolt Report, or should I say the "Bolt's Agenda".
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Adelaide not getting more of these.... they look great without that yellow drool and black lining on the front.
HillsBus_.jpg
HillsBus_.jpg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
Swift

Post by Swift »

What happened to the corner indicators and desto panel?
That thing looks weird. It looks to be retired.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

It's been just slightly edited, it also had a centre door at some stage...
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

busrider wrote:It's been just slightly edited, it also had a centre door at some stage...
It's about a third complete. It's just a more definitive indication of what to aim for than the original photo which is actually the horrible 1770 :). The portion in the middle is equivalent to the desto display which the 2000 class railcars had. I'll leave it at that for now...
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TA3001 wrote:Adelaide not getting more of these.... they look great without that yellow drool and black lining on the front.
HillsBus_.jpg
Along the lines of buses, there's hardly anything interesting in Newcastle anymore.

I'd be happy to see more CB80's but the only operators down here locally with that is PSC (With a single Volvo B7RLE CB80) and Rover with a few Iveco Metros and half the time I barely even get to see them. I reckon when Hunter Valley Buses retires their custom coach bodied 550's and MAN CB30's they'll probably get replaced with more optimuses most likely on an B8RLE chassis if the B7RLE ends production when this happens. If orders history are anything to go by, their avoiding anything CB80 and above as much as possible and the current lot of CB80's they have are ones they acquired when they picked up other operators so jack squat chance of seeing them with their "own" CB80 any time soon.

Besides Hunter Valley Buses, there's hardly any Scania buses on route service in Newcastle (Along with Mercedes-Benz buses on Route service in Newcastle besides the two NT Ansair Orana Mercs). I was at least hoping now that Keolis Downer is here that they'd spruce up the fleet a little by adding more variety but according to some people who have posted here and elsewhere at the moment, the only planned buses in the pipeline they're going to get is B8RLE Bustechs probably to replace the ageing Ansair orana buses. Ah well at least it's something new and a first in B8RLE buses in the Newcastle Region when it comes or happens.

Double Deckers are something I'd like to see up here too but I don't think our roads here locally may be able to handle it like they would've in the old days so back to Sydney if I want to see any :(
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Whenever I'm writing something down or making a comment on this forum, but either I completely forget what I was going to say, or I get some information wrong and the correct information comes back to my head a whole day later.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I don't know how to word this so I apologise if it comes out all wrong but letting the less "mobile" people go ahead of you and they don't give you any thanks or acknowledge you.

No offence to this person through but I was coming out of a shopping centre exit and saw an old frail person with a walker and I guess a carer(?) coming towards the entrance / exit door of the shopping centre and I decided to move to the side of the door to let them go through and I didn't even get a thank-you from either the person or carer. Fair enough if the frail person couldn't thank me then but shame the supposed carer didn't thank me either. Small thing to complain about and I was under no obligation to stop for them but because of the kind and generous well mannered person I am I decided to let them pass ahead before I exited.

Raised & taught to respect elders and the less mobile, yet the younger generation don't get any respect from those older than them
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

It's probably because they view it as an obligation and are only prepared to scold you for not doing it but not thank you when you do. It's another example of how entitled and cunning the elderly are underneath the facade of respectability they take full advantage of.
I learnt their cunning nasty natures through bus driving.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
Along the lines of buses, there's hardly anything interesting in Newcastle anymore.
A bus network is not the same without a fleet of CNG NL232s that can reach 100kph in my opinion!
Obahn.jpg
Obahn.jpg (103.51 KiB) Viewed 6348 times
The finished version will be much less messy. This was just a 5 minute touch up.
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).

What gives me the S&#T's? Actually being shat on by a bird at school.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Off The Rails wrote:MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).
The MAN SL202s in Sydney were in better condition, more reliable and far better on fuel than the Mercedes 0405s and even the venerable 0305s over many years service.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Swift wrote:
Off The Rails wrote:MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).
The MAN SL202s in Sydney were in better condition, more reliable and far better on fuel than the Mercedes 0405s and even the venerable 0305s over many years service.
And most of the remaining ones in Adelaide are in near A1 condition too, excluding the filthy seats on the ones that reside at Newtune. Did Mercs even have subtle differences mechanically like with SL202s and even some NLs?
jacksouth

Post by jacksouth »

What gives me the S&#T's? Actually being shat on by a bird at school.

Cheers! :wink:
Oh God, you never forget the first time you get shat on by a bird. It's the worst.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Better than by a human.
Newcastle Flyer

Who writes for the text at the bottom of the news?: Shown as Banktown!
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

Being forced to watch that vile piece of TV crap known as The Block (was at a friend's house, so no choice)

It is no wonder why society is turning to crap. They are having a big fight over a pool this week. Why it is so popular, I have no idea.

Would rather watch an old video of Beyond 2000 on Youtube (they have the entire 1985 season), one episode features Internet banking 1985 style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVl-XyBAwpQ

I cannot embed YouTube clips, like I used to.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:
It is no wonder why society is turning to crap. They are having a big fight over a pool this week. Why it is so popular, I have no idea.
Simple. It appeals to the senses of the riff raff. The sound of top 40 hits playing in the background and the sound of their own kind bickering = ratings success.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

most of the garbage that passes for tv these days.ever since channel 11 took off will and grace at 8pm weekdays i don't bother with tv at that hour before bed after it was ditched for that rubbish game show pointless.
Newcastle Flyer

That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.
White lives matter too.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.
Ohh, don't get me started about that. This is perfectly normal behaviour over in Lakemba.

In fact, Haldon St doesn't seem to get off a single day without having at least 40 vehicles parking in a bus stop.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:
Newcastle Flyer wrote:That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.
Ohh, don't get me started about that. This is perfectly normal behaviour over in Lakemba.

In fact, Haldon St doesn't seem to get off a single day without having at least 40 vehicles parking in a bus stop.
Hmm, I wonder if that is linked to a certain demographic of this particular suburb, and a reluctance for law enforcers to 'stir the pot' with a certain group who consider our laws meaningless?
All I can say is the late Malcolm Fraser has a lot to answer for.

Return to “The Lunch Room”