What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

Aussie women are so paranoid...in my case they are right to be :twisted: but still...
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Swift

Post by Swift »

When you walk into a shop and you get pestered by staff when you want to be left alone to browse, but can't find any when you actually want assistance.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

* Gee, if I was a train guard or other train crew, I'd make her clean the floor up in front of the toilet. After she came out their was a large mess in front of the toilet.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

channel 92 showing us past their use by date british sitcoms nightly except during footy season.why not some two broke girls or mom in place of those snobby keeping up appearances,as time goes by or to the manor born rubbish.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Haughty Woolworths staff. They act stuck up compared to Coles staff, and I use several stores of each, and you definitely notice the contrast. I don't know whether it is the people they tend to choose or the culture of the place. Probably the latter mainly. Coles have better produce most of the time and more generous speciaIs too.
Newcastle Flyer

• Don't tell me "Days of Our Lives", um I mean "Days of Our Boring" (or is that "Boooooring"?) is back on TV?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

sadly they did revive days of our lives.I would rather watch YOUTUBE versions of house husbands which was one of the few dramas that didn't empahasise on scheming and manipulation amongst other bad things to keep the viewers keen.wish that show was still with us even if 10 for instance got the rights.
Newcastle Flyer

homer9000 wrote:sadly they did revive days of our lives.
Homer9000, I "asked" you not to tell me that! :)
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

High Winds during the rain causing your umbrella to turn inside out numerous times (could happen once or twice and i'd still be mad over it) and getting you soaked. I've had a certain umbrella since my days of high school (somewhat of a tiny one and not that it means anything but if it's always worked fine why replace it?) and I guess it's days are numbered but an old bloke spoke to me and my friend and told me Aldi should hopefully be having a sale on brollys soon. Just as soon as he walked off, he's called it a day too.

Umbrellas down here are no match for the fierce winds down here :(

Also calling somewhere and always reaching a voicemail box (and this is during business hours too)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Perth Jaywalker

Post by Perth Jaywalker »

Putting bright multi-coloured lights on the exterior of architecture since 2009-ish, completely changing the character of Perth. Notable examples include Perth Council House, Elizabeth Quay bridge, the green panels on the outside of the new Children's Hospital and now the Perth Stadium Footbridge. If you think it's pretty, you alone can pay for it --- don't burn public money.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

homer9000 wrote:channel 92 showing us past their use by date british sitcoms nightly except during footy season.why not some two broke girls or mom in place of those snobby keeping up appearances,as time goes by or to the manor born rubbish.
Maybe I'm just a biased fan of Keeping Up Appearances, but I'd much prefer any sort of British comedy (On the Buses, Faulty Towers, Mr. Bean, whatever) over the shite the Americans serve up; which is just episodes and episodes worth of crude jokes and plots revolving around sex and love life.

Much like Two and a Half Men or The Big Bang Theory, both quickly became boring as they became a revolving door of the same old plots. British Comedy does often rely on recurrent, running jokes, but I'll take that over anything served up today.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

The lack of variety on prime time tv these days witch is made up with mostly reality shows and below par sitcoms where there was at least there was a decent level of variety on prime time tv 25 years ago even the cartoons were better back then where nearly all of today’s cartoons are fully computer generated
Newcastle Flyer

People that quote WHOLE posts, especially if it's the previous post.

To admin, I thought a guideline on here says no quoting of whole posts?
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Young people (especially millennials) buying cars built the generation before themselves. What business do they have driving a vehicle that has no relevance to them?
Get a Hyundai white goods on wheels and leave the classics to those that actually have a sentimental attachment to claim! :evil:
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

the number of cars older than the people driving them in many cases.i would try borrow money for a near new car or a demo built between 2014 and 2017 with low miles from my bank as a personal loan since I have had a savings account with them since I was a kid than chance my life driving something built prior to the nineties.I would for instance be safer in a current Holden Spark or a XC series Barina or even a post update last of the line SB Barina(1997-2000) than anything earlier.it sucks to get anything as safe in an older car you need to look for a 2001 mazda 626 or a 1993-1997 honda accord with airbags and in many cases anti lock brakes or heaven forbid do the totally embarrassing thing and put yourself into an old mercedes or volvo.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:Young people (especially millennials) buying cars built the generation before themselves. What business do they have driving a vehicle that has no relevance to them?
Maybe they happen to be interested in the vehicles and give it the 'care and feeding' it deserves? :mrgreen:

On the topic of cars, what gives me the S&*Ts is "Australia Tax" on any number of parts you might need, whether for a European or Japanese vehicle. "Oh you want that prissy little metal water flange for the back of the cylinder head, yeah, $90 thanks." Meanwhile, parts dealer in the U.S.A. can provide the same part for US$13.09, with the cost of shipping on the order I did, it amounted about US$21 or under AU$30. if the average Joe can get parts for his car cheaper overseas than the local dealership/parts network, something is very, very wrong.
scott

Post by scott »

The size of the manuals provided with a new car, a friend of the family purchased a ex demo 2017 Corolla Ascent Sport and the manual that came with it is 516 pages long, and the manual that deals with the multimedia touch screen is 242 pages long. The Hyundai and Kia ones are bloody thick as well. We had to wade through pages of stuff just to set up the Bluetooth.

One day they will just put the manual on a CD, but I prefer a book, just not a novel.
Newcastle Flyer

For GOODNESS SAKES YA DIRTY WOMAN, COVER YA BLOOMIN' MOUTH WHEN YA COUGH - ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE SITTING RIGHT BEHIND ME And the same for that man that man in front of us. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No wonder Australia has problems with illness, colds & flu. Because of people like these two (Yes, I was going to say "dirty pigs", but pigs are cleaner!)
White lives matter too.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Young women singing on buses at a painfully loud volume, yelling, and deliberately drawing attention to me blocking my ears!

Have some **** **** respect bi*ches!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Cherry tomatoes no longer being the tasty alternative to their full size counterparts. I'm lucky if I find a good batch every 10th time.
Swift

Post by Swift »

People who move backwards without looking and bumping into you as you are passing them eg: supermarket aisles. I usually have to say excuse me to avoid a collision.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Swift wrote:People who move backwards without looking and bumping into you as you are passing them eg: supermarket aisles. I usually have to say excuse me to avoid a collision.
Reminds me of the constant phone-walking in Adelaide. You can't even tell if the person walking towards ye is even aware that you're there!

It's like they were born with their head permanently angled 45 degrees downward. I notice that it's more common with younger females, particularly Asians.
scott

Post by scott »

Milennials, working with them has been painful, they don't follow instruction, never get off thier phones and their personalities leave a lot to be desired and they are just selfish and rude, with no manners.

Almost being knocked off an escalator by a female millennial, shoved angrily past me, I swear I left plenty of room.

It is hard to make new friends, and the ones you do make drop out of contact once projects are finished and their contracts finish.
Merc1107

Post by Merc1107 »

scott wrote:Milennials, working with them has been painful, they don't follow instruction, never get off thier phones and their personalities leave a lot to be desired and they are just selfish and rude, with no manners.
Don't forget who it was that raised them to be this way - the generation that decided it wasn't right to discipline your child, let them run amok and so on. You often see similar sorts of flippant behaviour (or worse yet, living in the belief their kids are perfect) in the parents of these types.
scott

Post by scott »

The ABC axing The Checkout, due to high production costs and budget cuts.

Return to “The Lunch Room”