What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

That's bitter sweet scott. On one hand you get that lady, but on the other you find treaures like that, which I haven't at the local St Vinnies here. I did find an LX Torana manual though.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
scott

Post by scott »

You never know what you are going to get at places like these. For a collectors of things, the op shops can be a good source.

Must of been in a bad mood or something, I will admit I was not in a great mood today either.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Hearing somebody say 'The Mercedes scourge' to a driver behind the wheel of a 2003 built diesel O500LE. What next.... I think this was derived from something that was mentioned by at least one Adelaide driver where the word Mercedes is replaced with another brand that he's not a fan of.

scott wrote:...Op shops can be good places to get some good old books and magazines.
Where was the op shop, or what was the name of it?
scott

Post by scott »

This was a Lions Club op shop, but Salvo's and Brotherhood stores can have good old rare books and magazines too- got a VS Commodore manual from a Salvos store once.

The Lion's club shops have a reputation for having gruff people working there.

I worked at a Salvos store for about a year in 2004/05 (when they were known as Salvation Army Family Stores), if we spoke to a customer like I was spoken to, we would get the sack. My biggest challenge was not dealing with the public, but moving furniture donations around a tightly packed store and remembering where all the different clothing and things go, as there was a system, the manager was nice but could get tough if we did not do the right thing. Some of the staff that worked with us were there because of CBO's (Community Based Orders) and could be tough to work with, but I just dealt with it. I left because another opportunity came up, but it was a good start. Things were different then, people were nicer and not as aggressive, and no one stared at their phones in those days.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Council failing to notify residents that they'd be closing a bus stop temporary to undertake some sort of work there. Came home to find my Bus stop yesterday had plastic orange fencing around it and a bit of a trench dug. Would've been nice if I was notified that they'd be undertaking works but nah too much for them to do.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Almost freaking out when I almost got an impression that a certain bus body type that is newer than a CC jackpot CB80 is actually less unpleasant to catch. Is this even possible in 2019?
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

Channel 7 adds saying NEWS HAPPENING NOW!!! YESTERDAY at 5p.m MMM radio TOWNSVILLE announced the very sad news the body of the lost 2 year old boy in nth qld was found in near by dam this was so tragic my thoughts go with the family I called family in sydney to give them the sad news as they were also concerned by 5.30pm nothing was mentioned on channel 7 So my family called channel 7 t.v station swichboard The operater said yes we know it will be on our 6pm news and hung up at 6.45pm it was announced on the news minnor storys were ahead of it So much for channel 7 news happening now at least ABC NEWS 24 HAD WRITTEN TEXTS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE T.V SHOW AT 5.30P.M SYDNEY TIME 7=&This is not the first time 7 news has done thisThe very first story on 7 Sydney news was a guy bitten by a dog! Which do you think was more important!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

TA3001 wrote:Hearing somebody say 'The Mercedes scourge' to a driver behind the wheel of a 2003 built diesel O500LE. What next.... I think this was derived from something that was mentioned by at least one Adelaide driver where the word Mercedes is replaced with another brand that he's not a fan of.

scott wrote:...Op shops can be good places to get some good old books and magazines.
Where was the op shop, or what was the name of it?
Have to agree Scott 2 weeks ago bought FLEETLINE from the very first right up to the 2nd last AUSTRALIAN BUS MAGS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION in a 2 bunddles for $10 in the Salvos shop here in Townsville the nice lady said was $10 TO MUCH AS THESE MAGS WERE TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE THERE were also year lots of RAILWAY DIGEST GOING BACK YEARS $2 A YEAR ALL IN GOOD CONDITION was from a deceased estate didn't take Digests but you never know what you find in opp shops As for peroid furniture bought some nice cheap pieces in our local country towns Big city shops often to country opp shops but it cheap & sell it for a fortune to those in big cities.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Bus companies putting drivers unfamiliar with areas they'll be going to on Train Replacement routes. My first Rail Replacement bus was late by 10 minutes this morning and I'm lucky I had enough time to make it to Maitland to get photos of the buses there before I was due back on a Newcastle replacement bus to head to Newcastle. I'm lucky I had been on the replacement buses enough times that I know the 1HU route from Newcastle to Maitland off the top of my head and vice versa so I directed the driver where to go and what not.

was getting lunch today and as I'm given my order there's this drunk woman with alcohol in a glass bottle at the shopping centre entrance doors and she's going off her head (why else eh?) a shopping centre cleaner sees this and get's a security guard and the security guard comes and the drunk woman is somewhat calm but a couple of minutes in she's screaming her head off at the guard now too, I tell them to call the cops instead of escalating with her but the guard wasn't too interested, eventually drunk women smashes her bottle as she threatens the guard and the crowd of people grows as people are now screaming at her, I get on the phone to 000 right away at this point and while keeping my distance from drunk woman but in sight of her I explain to the operator what's going on and where's shes going. She walked out into traffic a couple of times and I explained that. Cops response was quick but people were telling me to stay back from her so I eventually lost track of her when the cops showed. Hope the cops got her stupid A$$. She was also your typical welfare person who goes and spends their money on grog and probably ciggies and nothing else and then complains they've got no money for food or more important things.

Oh and she said everyone was against her. No, no one was against you. We were only upset with you because you were being restless, disorderly and was drinking in public and going off your head.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

These near fortnightly public holidays! Almost completely worthless, and I almost always tend to forget them.
scott

Post by scott »

Agreed, and it is not even the Queens birthday.
Swift

Post by Swift »

We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Somebody think of the children
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Swift wrote:We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
You would hate living in Victoria where they have public holidays on the day before the AFL grand final and on the first Tuesday in November witch everyone in Australia knows about the horse race that November holiday is based around
Swift

Post by Swift »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
Swift wrote:We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
You would hate living in Victoria where they have public holidays on the day before the AFL grand final and on the first Tuesday in November witch everyone in Australia knows about the horse race that November holiday is based around
Not to mention the obsession with AFL itself! :roll:
At least in Sydney, you don't have to follow an NRL team to not be ostracised!
scott

Post by scott »

As a Melbourne person all my life, I has followed the AFL, but this year I have lost interest, mainly due to the stupid rule changes and the PC brigade ruining our game. Also the AFL caring more about making money rather than the good of the game.
Campbelltown busboy

scott wrote:As a Melbourne person all my life, I has followed the AFL, but this year I have lost interest, mainly due to the stupid rule changes and the PC brigade ruining our game. Also the AFL caring more about making money rather than the good of the game.
The good thing about Melbourne is that you don’t get Alan Jones or most of the other presenters in the 2GB program line up broadcasting on 3AW yet
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

So according to TA3001, Scott & Swift, they didn't "observe" yesterday. But did either of you three go to any events?

* What stupoid government would put a new depot/interurban yard at Kangy Angy on a possible flood plain near Wyong, when a large yard at Broadmeadow? Oh wait a NSW government would!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
scott

Post by scott »

We get Steve Price here in Melbourne, 3AW do a bit of networking from Sydney these days, but we are spared Alan Jones.

The new Suzuki TV ads drive me nuts, with the bogans in the showroom, if I was a car dealer and they came into my showroom and started forcefully kicking the tyres and acting the way they did in that ad, I would throw them out.
Campbelltown busboy

scott wrote:We get Steve Price here in Melbourne, 3AW do a bit of networking from Sydney these days, but we are spared Alan Jones.
If the bosses at Macquarie media ever stands down the current 3AW breakfast show and then start to network the Alan Jones show into Melbourne from Sydney then people in Melbourne can ring him and complain about how bad Dan's government is then people in Sydney and Brisbane would hear about it and Melbourne people will know about issues in NSW and Queensland
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

thought my stay would be covered for concession parking at RNSH.... but now finding out that i will probs end up paying $33 for 24 hours.... fun yay..

But however I could have chosen worse such as RPA haha.
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

The Hypocrites that support republic but then accept the Queens Birthday honour lists.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Drivers that tailgate Leaner drivers. Seriously if your going to do this sh*t hand in your license now and get yourself off the road. Your not exactly helping the learner drivers confidence besides proving your a moron and a bully on the road.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

West Coast should've, could've, would've been 2nd on the AFL Ladder. Seeing them lose all the time in the SCG....
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
scott

Post by scott »

Seeing someone be a total smart alec when he was nabbed on board the bus, for not having a Myki this morning, however he admitted after they took down his details, that he in fact did have a Myki with plenty of credit (pulls it out and waves it around), just could not be bothered touching on. He just wanted to trick the inspectors (his words).

Return to “The Lunch Room”