What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

• This very cold weather!
On Wednesday/Thursday night it was minus 9.7, so surely this now disproves these global warming activists about global warming!

• They need to do something about the pop up clinic and the bus stop at John Hunter Hospital (JHH). They've closed off the pickup/parking at the bus stop, and now the pop up clinic and cars are using the bus stop.
They have one of the secondary entrances and car parks closed off, so why couldn't they have the pop up clinic there? They can have two lines of cars then instead of the one line.

• People still are not covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing, although a doctor's surgery staff did say that if they see anyone do that, they'll be asked to leave.

• Cars parking in bus stops/zones. The one above at JHH excepted of course.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I thought people in the doctors Surgery were required to wear masks now including in the waiting rooms? Sounds like a certain surgery isn't following COVID rules if they aren't enforcing the use of masks. Then again you've got your Karens who will cause a hailstorm over having to wear one.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:50 am global warming
For the millionth time, it is climate change and is based around average trends. Yes, it does tend to get colder during winter and hotter during summer, good analysis of the weather Sherlock :roll:

I'll be waiting here this time in January for you to give us an update on how hot it is on a singular, particular day, disproving your own "global warming is a hoax by the government to control our minds and freedoms and liberties and our right to free speech and take over the world" myth...
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

@Cazza, The people/government have been manipulated by china and so many other countries have been as well. China funds the democrats in America, they start these different types of protests to hit the western economy (one of many tactics they use) like climate change for example; To try and convince the western people to turn on their own big western businesses, when China themselfs were a 45% contributer to carbon emissions.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

YouBoobtube freezing from time to time requiring you to exit the app and open it again. But even if you get out, you have to wait for a pop-up asking if you want to shut shut it down and tap on ok before it resolves itself otherwise if you open it up, the frozen page is still there, though last time it didn't need the pop-up to arrive for some mysterious reason.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:50 am • This very cold weather!
On Wednesday/Thursday night it was minus 9.7, so surely this now disproves these global warming activists about global warming!
Hotter air from CO2 emissions also holds more moisture leading to more intense storms and snowfalls so don't always expect record high temperatures, you can also expect record lows too. On average, the planet has been warming. With colder weather on a warming planet can easily make people to believe that climate change isn't real so that is where people fall into a trap. (and no way am I some qualified scientist, I just look at the actual facts.)

On a side note, this COVID has pretty much exposed what we take for granted and our limited resources such as food and other basic needs for example is one of them...

I'll end this here before people start attacking me....
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Big Engine Mechanic

@MotorOmnibus8562 Fact you have been manipulated by China, The democrats pay scientists what to say. Climate change nar it's just what we used to call the weather. Covid 19 has exposed just how crap China is.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm disappointed in our society, I seriously can't believe we have people within our society that want us to suffer because of their stupid ideology. I'll tell you that the Anti-maskers, the stupid Anti-COVID (The people who think it's fake and simply a haha joke) and the 5G conspiracy theorists are what is going to keep COVID going around here for a long time. we're not "in this together" half the population couldn't even remotely give a damn, their more interested in using loopholes & being selfish, I mean as long as their not suffering, bugger the people doing the right thing by following the restrictions right?

I'm already sick of hearing on the news about the people exploiting loopholes to get around restrictions, their in place for your safety and everyone else's. If your too thick to even understand that I really don't know what to say.

I get it isn't going to be overnight work to defeat COVID and I don't expect it to be, but the rest of society doesn't need more restrictions imposed on top of us because of a few selfish individuals.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

What's one big difference between Australia and China ? ..............I would have thought tolerance and free speech, however loopy some ideologies may appear to some. Agree re people purposely getting around restrictions, but we have created the 'me' generation(s) - what can you expect !!
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Big Engine Mechanic

I know for a fact what Covid 19 is I know a billionaire that was working with China, he was informed by them that it was going to happen and that it was supposed to happen over a year and a half ago, (the government is aware of this and has made moves) China wanted to crash the economy and make a new one benefiting them. What I would have done (which is going to sound terrible to some) is let Covid 19 go/spread and kill the elderly and the people with compromised immune systems, the majority of our working class are fitt and healthy people. When enemies of war attack you must not panic, that's what China wants us to do, they would be like 👏 right now. Second of all which is the position where Trump will eventually find himself in is for example; Like cockroaches, China is like an infestation of cockroaches ! Trump or whoever can out smart them over and over is no use because China will keep retaliating in the same way, they do because they are an uncivilized nation, it's like having a cockroach infestation somewhere in your kitchen and everytime one comes crawling out you step on it but that doesn't solve the problem you have to annihilate the nest and Blow up China so I'd be like right by March we are going to build nuclear subs, twice as many as what Trump has sitting around China and twice as many nuclear quiet planes then I would send the subs out right next to the same sitting positions as Trump has his in to fire and send out the planes, I would give trump a courtesy call to tell him It's happening wether you like it or not, Are you in ? Or are you out ? And find out where Xi Jinping is, isolate him and make sure he doesn't get blown up then send him a video of me smiling and laughing so he can see it on purpose then afterwards I would blow him up! It would be the perfect move nobody would suspect the underdog Australia to do that. BANG💥
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:07 pm <assorted wingnuttery>
Two things:

1. Please lay off the conspiracy theories.
2. While I appreciate there was punctuation used mostly appropriately in your wall of text, paragraphs are also your friend and you should consider using them as it improves readability significantly.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Big Engine Mechanic

@Douglas
1. It's not conspiracy theories.
2. I personally know people who are involved with this Covid 19.
3. I have made massive reports to the government and they acted on it with in 30 minutes.
4. I would post details on this site to prove it but that would not be allowed.
5. I also have family in parliament.
Big Engine Mechanic

@Douglas
You don't know what it's like man.
Around Christmas time of December 2018 I got severely bashed up for getting too close to exposing these people,
Which in turn could make me look bad because I have known about Covid 19 since 2018.
Once I got all the information I needed I made the report.
You don't know what it's like everyday getting up in the morning making a coffee and not being able to hold or drink it properly with out spilling it everywhere because your hands are shaking too much.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Who else remembers when this forum was generally all transport related? Now it seems to just be some political cesspit full of left- and right-wing extremists :sad:
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Swift

Post by Swift »

Do you have any differentiation ability ^?
This is in the appropriate section that was started specifically for non transport related discussion and you come here and complain that it's not transport related anyway.
Stay away if you personally disapprove. It's easy.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Although this is the non transport section, it is becoming rather tedious to read.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Says who? Not to me.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm @Cazza, The people/government have been manipulated by china and so many other countries have been as well. China funds the democrats in America, they start these different types of protests to hit the western economy (one of many tactics they use) like climate change for example; To try and convince the western people to turn on their own big western businesses
I don't even know how to respond to such an ill-informed and completely non sensical statement like that.
Big Engine Mechanic wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm when China themselfs (themselves) were a 45% contributer (contributor) to carbon emissions.
You are literally just backflipping on your viewpoint here by bringing in carbon emissions. What does carbon emissions have to do with anything if climate change is all one big worldwide hoax that everyone seems to be in on? So are you now saying climate change is real? I'm confused.

China may be the largest contributor of CO2 but there are plenty of reasons for that.
1- They have the world's largest population;
2- They are an extremely industrialised and export-high nation, producing by far the greatest amount of goods for countries worldwide. They have the highest industrial output in the world, beating the US and the entire EU;
3- They have had a very large working class for decades;
4- The scale of transitioning almost it's entire economy and society (which has run off coal for years) to low polluting renewables simply does not happen overnight and takes plenty of time.

However, they are making massive strides in investing in renewables to reduce their carbon footprint.
- They singlehandedly invested 1/3 of the world's renewable energy in 2018, having invested the most in renewables for 7 years running;
- They are investing heavily in electric vehicles (both privately and for public services). They have 400,000 electric buses and counting (or 99% of the world's total);
- The emergence of the middle class means that more skilled labour is being undertaken, meaning a move away from lower skilled labour undertaken in factories. As the largest proportion of the population moves into this middle class, they will be working in more white collar jobs.

I understand that China is far from perfect. But man they are doing a much better job than Australia in the renewable sector, especially at the scale that they have to transition from a coal based society towards renewables.

I'm not here to try and force my opinions onto people, I'll only defend my viewpoint. So I've said what I've needed to and that's enough from me.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Not perfect? Understatement of the millennia.
Arsse paper there's global warming. Should we plug every volcano? They have been responsible for more carbon emissions than we could ever produce ourselves.
I've got to burn some tyres now.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Cazza wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am The emergence of the middle class means that more skilled labour is being undertaken, meaning a move away from lower skilled labour undertaken in factories. As the largest proportion of the population moves into this middle class, they will be working in more white collar jobs.
This probably means these jobs will again jump to the next cheapest, least-regulated nation - in other words, the problem will move somewhere else. Presumably a growing middle class will mean growing per-capita pollution too - as less of their income will be spent on bare necessities and more on 'wants'. The question becomes, how will the world cope with the unlimited wants of China's growing middle class when they are the most-populated nation on Earth?
Swift

Post by Swift »

Can't wait until we can terraform other planets. White flight in it's ultimate form.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Merc1107 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:36 pm This probably means these jobs will again jump to the next cheapest, least-regulated nation - in other words, the problem will move somewhere else. Presumably a growing middle class will mean growing per-capita pollution too - as less of their income will be spent on bare necessities and more on 'wants'. The question becomes, how will the world cope with the unlimited wants of China's growing middle class when they are the most-populated nation on Earth?
Which is why they need to (and are) transitioning to renewables at a much higher rate than any other country... I understand the economics behind a growing middle class which is why I'm explaining the sheer importance of the decisions they are making.

You can't expect a country of almost 1.5 billion people to turn off with coal one day and wake up running on solar and hydro. It takes time. The world has countless issues that are more important than needing to worry about China's middle class. Once they are running primarily on renewables, that issue begins to take care of itself (in an environmental and economic sense).
Swift

Post by Swift »

What country has ever run primarily on renewables so far? It's the stuff of leftist fantasyland.
I do hope China catches this rainbow one day before they deplete Australia of the natural gas and quality black coal they pay a pittance for now.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Cazza wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:52 pm You can't expect a country of almost 1.5 billion people to turn off with coal one day and wake up running on solar and hydro. It takes time.
I don't expect it to change overnight, but then that wasn't quite what I was getting at. The question I raise is in terms of resources that go into making goods and services - do we have enough of everything else to satisfy the sort of consumerism a population that large could create?
Swift

Post by Swift »

The 1970s and 80s will always remain the pinnacle of human history. It's been downhill ever since and shall continue. Off world colonies are our only hope for sustaining our species. Will alien civilisations want anything to do with evil humans?

I highly recommend watching Contact with Jodie Foster.
Very very thought provoking with the theme of human's place in the universe.

Return to “The Lunch Room”