Most annoying commercials

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Most annoying commercials

Post by The Inspector »

What are the commercials you find most annoying, now or from the past?

For a current add I find the one for Visa credit cards where the guy is madly jogging in one spot at various locations swinging his arms to be very annoying, especialy the music for the add :roll:
Has AdMet CB80 fever
member 1423

Re: Most annoying commercials

Post by member 1423 »

The new ads in Victoria that address:

- Underage drinking (ie kids stealing alcohol from parents, drink in park, then get run over and some others I cant remember at the present time)
- "Speaking up" when your not sure how to do something (one is a kid with a nail gun, another is a pot of hot stock/water and the other is the bread slicer)

The Speaking Up ones made me sick in the stomach.
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

The ad currently running for the new Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatch.

The ad shows a couple throwing things into the boot of the car from a Second story balcony of their apartment. Next thing you know, a trampoline and a kids slide appears in the driveway behind the car in which objects being thrown out the window of the apartment, bounces off and subsequently lands into the boot of the car.

Surely considering the effort required in moving the slide and trampoline from their original positions to the driveway in order for them to be of any use, would be much more than the effort required in just carrying the stuff down to the car like a normal person would....right?? :roll:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXCacfMUa-U&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXCacfMUa-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
C130

Post by C130 »

The underage drinking one is Australia wide. I believe it was brought out to coincide with Schoolies week celebrations.
I personally find the Tobacco ads anoying and sickening, aswell as the Skin cancer ads. Sure they make a point, and I hope they get what they are trying to achieve, but showing them as soon it hits 2030 is a bit anoying.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

That beer ad with the tongue coming out og the sleeping guy's mouth in the middle of the night.Disgusting,stupid and unfunny.
Can't stand that5 new fruit juice ad with that horrible looking "sensible " creature following that woman everywhere.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

'The new "if you drink to much it gets ugly" commercial with the guy vomiting in the toilet
it always seems to come on when i'm having tea :x .
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

Ones I hate:
Any of those SOCKS HALF PRICE, YES HALF PRICE, BOOKS 50% OFF, EVERYTHING MUST GO
The one for the Vicks inhaler(Or somthing like that). "Attack is the best form of defence" where the mother chucks a tantrum.
Easy off bam!
Connex's Don't hold others back.
BATBYGOBSTOPL.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/84ECwQJ8g3Q&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/84ECwQJ8g3Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by pakenhamtrain on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Insert 200 characters as signature
bubzie

Post by bubzie »

the rivers ones!!!!

and the kotex one with the beaver!
This signature has run its course. :P
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

That kotex ad is hilarious!

worst ad by far has to be that napisan ad..

Mum: Mummy used to take forever to do the washing
Annoying little XXX: Whyyyyyyyyyyy?
Mum: Because she didnt use Napisan.Now she does and our clothes are cleaner!
ALS: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Mum: Because napisan knows where the stains are!
ALS: Howwwwwwwwwww?
Mum: (either doesnt know what to say, or is considering how many years she'd get for tossing him off a bridge)
Random Napisan Whore: (walks in from nowhere, launches sales pitch)
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

Ryan wrote:That kotex ad is hilarious!

worst ad by far has to be that napisan ad..

Mum: Mummy used to take forever to do the washing
Annoying little XXX: Whyyyyyyyyyyy?
Mum: Because she didnt use Napisan.Now she does and our clothes are cleaner!
ALS: Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Mum: Because napisan knows where the stains are!
ALS: Howwwwwwwwwww?
Mum: (either doesnt know what to say, or is considering how many years she'd get for tossing him off a bridge)
Random Napisan Whore: (walks in from nowhere, launches sales pitch)
Hahahahaha Dont you just love how some random bitch walks in from nowhere. Surely thats break and enter right???

And Pakenhamtrain, I think its fairly safe to say that the BATBYGOBSTOPL campaign was nothing short of being a dismal failure at the end of the day. I dare say it didnt have the desired effect.
R707

Post by R707 »

For some reason it seems to be a requirement that any ad that involves cleaning or general house maintenance products has horrible ad libbing in it, the abovementioned Napisan ad is a shocker for it.

I also second the irritating screaming book/rug/socks/whatever ads, but for me, the most annoying, irritating ads are on radio, and belong to AMI. We all know the product is a scam, unfortunately the pests with their nasal delivery bullsh*t won't go away.

For fellow Vics, Frank Walker from National Tiles comes close in annoyingness though.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

I hate it how I can't watch TV at loud volume late at night for fear of all the unsavoury advertising which occurs... :twisted:
Reality continues to ruin my life.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

I hate the ad with all the black balloons coming from home appliances referring to carbon emmissions....just imagine the greenies if all those black balloons were actually released into the air????

Some clever work in a studio to create the effect no doubt.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

T1200 wrote:I hate it how I can't watch TV at loud volume late at night for fear of all the unsavoury advertising which occurs... :twisted:
I put my stereo on when those adds come on :P

Nothin g unsavoury about them.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
scott

Post by scott »

R707 wrote:For some reason it seems to be a requirement that any ad that involves cleaning or general house maintenance products has horrible ad libbing in it, the abovementioned Napisan ad is a shocker for it.

I also second the irritating screaming book/rug/socks/whatever ads, but for me, the most annoying, irritating ads are on radio, and belong to AMI. We all know the product is a scam, unfortunately the pests with their nasal delivery bullsh*t won't go away.

For fellow Vics, Frank Walker from National Tiles comes close in annoyingness though.
Has anyone heard one of the latest AMI ads on the radio which feature Alf (Ray Meagher and Colleen (Lyn Collingwood) from Home and Away, nearly fell over when I first heard it!!!!
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

Eratik wrote: And Pakenhamtrain, I think its fairly safe to say that the BATBYGOBSTOPL campaign was nothing short of being a dismal failure at the end of the day. I dare say it didnt have the desired effect.
i do agree with that. About the only thing achived annoy everyone.

Another annoying one I remembered is the ones for the blind factory. In the early days of when they mainly did radio adverts they entire ad was with that annoying voice going "The blind factory" every for or 5 seconds. They have a worse one where it's "The first melbourne cup" somehow they make a link between blinds and the Melbourne cup.
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

pakenhamtrain wrote:
Eratik wrote: And Pakenhamtrain, I think its fairly safe to say that the BATBYGOBSTOPL campaign was nothing short of being a dismal failure at the end of the day. I dare say it didnt have the desired effect.
i do agree with that. About the only thing achived annoy everyone.

Another annoying one I remembered is the ones for the blind factory. In the early days of when they mainly did radio adverts they entire ad was with that annoying voice going "The blind factory" every for or 5 seconds. They have a worse one where it's "The first melbourne cup" somehow they make a link between blinds and the Melbourne cup.
Have you heard the lastest one with Santa in it??

"Ho Ho Ho, HO HO HO....Hello, Santa here, to tell you about the great new deals available at the Blind Factory."

And then at end of the ad, that little voice pops up and goes "The Blind Factory".
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

Eratik wrote:
"Ho Ho Ho, HO HO HO....Hello, Santa here, to tell you about the great new deals available at the Blind Factory."

And then at end of the ad, that little voice pops up and goes "The Blind Factory".
Suprisingly no. I shall have to hear it and see how it is.
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Volvo B12BLEA wrote:I hate the ad with all the black balloons coming from home appliances referring to carbon emmissions....just imagine the greenies if all those black balloons were actually released into the air????

Some clever work in a studio to create the effect no doubt.
:lol:

The balloons probably were actually released.

:evil:
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

All those bloody "funeral plan" ads and other similar insurance ads....
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
STA 1440
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA B10M 1440/2405

Post by STA 1440 »

That damn frigging erectile dysfunction ad with the two wierdos playing a piano together with their dongs.

I change channels every time it comes on, or even turn the TV off, hence why I'm on here!
Damn I hate that ad! :evil: :evil:
Muttley
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O305/O405

Post by Muttley »

I'm not a fan of the latest lot of Solo ads, particularly the one for Solo strong. If you want to advertise an energy drink, this is how you do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs[/youtube]
PS: The Lancer hatch ad is one for The Chaser to road test when they come back on air
Previously known as 12th Man
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

B58 Howler wrote:That damn frigging erectile dysfunction ad with the two wierdos playing a piano together with their dongs.

I change channels every time it comes on, or even turn the TV off, hence why I'm on here!
Damn I hate that ad! :evil: :evil:
I actually find that one quite humourous!
Reality continues to ruin my life.
STA 1440
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA B10M 1440/2405

Post by STA 1440 »

Not when it's on every 10 minutes, sometimes two or three times per adbreak. :evil:
MAN NG313
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NG313's

Post by MAN NG313 »

bubzie wrote:the rivers ones!!!!
Omg I so agree.

Especially the one with the voiceover guy in a horrible boring tone selling clothes saying "Come down.... you might see something you like.... wooo..." and is so uninspiring it makes you want to fall asleep.

Return to “The Lunch Room”