Television channel discussions

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: Television channel discussions

Post by Merc1107 »

Last I checked the only type of TV Australia does well is the "looking like complete idiots because we copied someone else's idea" genre.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Here's something interesting on the history of tv in Australia
https://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/histor ... television
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Gave up on free TV ages ago. Fox8 may as well be free TV as well, given that it seems to be nothing but ads with a few crappy shows thrown in between. If they didn't have Highway Patrol (which itself is just a bunch of ex Channel 7 reruns from the last 15 years) and the laughable Police Tin Sivin (the NZ police are more like kindergarten teachers) I wouldn't even bother.
scott

Post by scott »

Those NZ Highway Patrol shows have a funny way of pronouncing Subaru.
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

Heihachi_73 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:58 am Gave up on free TV ages ago. Fox8 may as well be free TV as well, given that it seems to be nothing but ads with a few crappy shows thrown in between. If they didn't have Highway Patrol (which itself is just a bunch of ex Channel 7 reruns from the last 15 years) and the laughable Police Tin Sivin (the NZ police are more like kindergarten teachers) I wouldn't even bother.
I agree but in saying that it's better to get the kindergarten attitude than an angry one because once you piss off a cop they will remember you forever.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I noticed that Channel 10 will cut jobs in the news department as part of a shakeup to news bulletins. THey will get rid of Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane-based bulletins and will be replaced by a national bulletin. Adelaide will get news coming from Melbourne, while Perth and Brisbane getting news coming from Sydney. Channel 10 had a turbulent 2020 with the coronavirus pandemic. People want to get news coming from local bulletins, not from interstate. Channel 10 was a TV network that was in a lot of trouble. Since the 10 News Revolution in 2011, Channel 10 have made terrible decisions and wasted a lot of money. They have chopped and changed news formats on regular basis. CHannel 10 is a network who continue to fail to learn mistakes from the past. The 10 Network has done so much damage to the network. The Project Show is still on TV. Heard on social media and noticed that viewers wanted The Project show to be gone as fans are sick of the left-wing dribble. I've stopped watching The Project since 2014 because it was so boring and that the jokes have gone flat.
Campbelltown busboy

Shoudy Chen wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 pm I noticed that Channel 10 will cut jobs in the news department as part of a shakeup to news bulletins. THey will get rid of Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane-based bulletins and will be replaced by a national bulletin. Adelaide will get news coming from Melbourne, while Perth and Brisbane getting news coming from Sydney. Channel 10 had a turbulent 2020 with the coronavirus pandemic. People want to get news coming from local bulletins, not from interstate. Channel 10 was a TV network that was in a lot of trouble. Since the 10 News Revolution in 2011, Channel 10 have made terrible decisions and wasted a lot of money. They have chopped and changed news formats on regular basis. CHannel 10 is a network who continue to fail to learn mistakes from the past. The 10 Network has done so much damage to the network. The Project Show is still on TV. Heard on social media and noticed that viewers wanted The Project show to be gone as fans are sick of the left-wing dribble. I've stopped watching The Project since 2014 because it was so boring and that the jokes have gone flat.
I would of thought that the CBS takeover would of fixed all of channel 10's money issues what are CBS doing about the money issues that their Australian asset has by everything that's happened in the channel 10 news department that would be not much.

That is if CBS isn't also cutting news department staff at their smaller American tv stations
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Shoudy Chen wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 pm The Project Show is still on TV. Heard on social media and noticed that viewers wanted The Project show to be gone as fans are sick of the left-wing dribble. I've stopped watching The Project since 2014 because it was so boring and that the jokes have gone flat.
CBS (unsurprisingly) are another leftist supporting outfit who gave a directive to staff in Channel Ten to support BLM as they do in America. The SJW agenda driven corporates in head office would probably want The Project to remain because of it's overt support of anything pro SJW.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:42 pm That is if CBS isn't also cutting news department staff at their smaller American tv stations
There aren't many CBS owned stations in the US. Many are CBS affiliates and owned by either small local regional media conglomerates or the regional television networks. It's purchase of Network 10 was really just a guaranteed distribution move rather than any reason to invest in Australian programming.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Shoudy Chen wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 pm I noticed that Channel 10 will cut jobs in the news department as part of a shakeup to news bulletins. THey will get rid of Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane-based bulletins and will be replaced by a national bulletin. Adelaide will get news coming from Melbourne, while Perth and Brisbane getting news coming from Sydney. Channel 10 had a turbulent 2020 with the coronavirus pandemic. People want to get news coming from local bulletins, not from interstate. Channel 10 was a TV network that was in a lot of trouble. Since the 10 News Revolution in 2011, Channel 10 have made terrible decisions and wasted a lot of money. They have chopped and changed news formats on regular basis. CHannel 10 is a network who continue to fail to learn mistakes from the past. The 10 Network has done so much damage to the network. The Project Show is still on TV. Heard on social media and noticed that viewers wanted The Project show to be gone as fans are sick of the left-wing dribble. I've stopped watching The Project since 2014 because it was so boring and that the jokes have gone flat.
10 Sydney was doing 10 Perth News years ago, at least at weekends. The whole thing was pre-recorded in Sydney mid-afternoon.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

A Perth newsreader who had to work in Sydney took her own life at the gap in Watson's Bay. She was depressed at being away from her family and social circle.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Network 10 has faced a lot of cuts this year. At the start of this year, they got rid of The Loop on 10Peach. In May, they got rid of newsmagazine website, 10daily after 2 years due to cuts. Next month, Localised news bulletins will be replaced with a national bulletin. More than 25 jobs will be cut in the news department. In early 2020, Mon Kos took over as presenter for 10 News First Perth (after she left Channel 7 in 2019. That year, Today TOnight was axed). However, she was made redundant after spending just 8 months (soon to be 9 months).

Next, Channel 10 will exit its V8 Supercars coverage after nearly 6 years. Channel 10 will televise its final race, Bathurst1000 in October. Many V8 races have been postponed or cancelled due to the COVID19 pandemic. With the pandemic, the writing was on the wall for Channel 10's V8 SUpercars coverage. It is very likely that Channel Seven will regain the rights to the V8 Supercars for the first time since 2014.
Campbelltown busboy

Shoudy Chen wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm Next, Channel 10 will exit its V8 Supercars coverage after nearly 6 years. Channel 10 will televise its final race, Bathurst1000 in October. Many V8 races have been postponed or cancelled due to the COVID19 pandemic. With the pandemic, the writing was on the wall for Channel 10's V8 SUpercars coverage. It is very likely that Channel Seven will regain the rights to the V8 Supercars for the first time since 2014.
The Supercars rights have been batted backwards and forwards between channels 7 and 10 since the rights for what was then known as the Australian Touring Car Championship from 1997 was handed to channel 10 from channel 7 at the end of 1996.

Return to “The Lunch Room”