• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby scott » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Agreed, and it is not even the Queens birthday.
scott

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 pm

We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
Sydney's single decker future.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Somebody think of the children
Tangara - The Train of the 21st Century

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Swift wrote:We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
You would hate living in Victoria where they have public holidays on the day before the AFL grand final and on the first Tuesday in November witch everyone in Australia knows about the horse race that November holiday is based around
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
Swift wrote:We definitely have too many once off public holidays in Australia. Anzac day and Easter is plenty. Queens birthday has to go.
You would hate living in Victoria where they have public holidays on the day before the AFL grand final and on the first Tuesday in November witch everyone in Australia knows about the horse race that November holiday is based around

Not to mention the obsession with AFL itself! :roll:
At least in Sydney, you don't have to follow an NRL team to not be ostracised!
Swift

Postby scott » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 am

As a Melbourne person all my life, I has followed the AFL, but this year I have lost interest, mainly due to the stupid rule changes and the PC brigade ruining our game. Also the AFL caring more about making money rather than the good of the game.
scott

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:51 pm

scott wrote:As a Melbourne person all my life, I has followed the AFL, but this year I have lost interest, mainly due to the stupid rule changes and the PC brigade ruining our game. Also the AFL caring more about making money rather than the good of the game.
The good thing about Melbourne is that you don’t get Alan Jones or most of the other presenters in the 2GB program line up broadcasting on 3AW yet
Campbelltown busboy

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:36 pm

So according to TA3001, Scott & Swift, they didn't "observe" yesterday. But did either of you three go to any events?

* What stupoid government would put a new depot/interurban yard at Kangy Angy on a possible flood plain near Wyong, when a large yard at Broadmeadow? Oh wait a NSW government would!
Newcastle Flyer

Postby scott » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

We get Steve Price here in Melbourne, 3AW do a bit of networking from Sydney these days, but we are spared Alan Jones.

The new Suzuki TV ads drive me nuts, with the bogans in the showroom, if I was a car dealer and they came into my showroom and started forcefully kicking the tyres and acting the way they did in that ad, I would throw them out.
scott

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

scott wrote:We get Steve Price here in Melbourne, 3AW do a bit of networking from Sydney these days, but we are spared Alan Jones.
If the bosses at Macquarie media ever stands down the current 3AW breakfast show and then start to network the Alan Jones show into Melbourne from Sydney then people in Melbourne can ring him and complain about how bad Dan's government is then people in Sydney and Brisbane would hear about it and Melbourne people will know about issues in NSW and Queensland
Campbelltown busboy

Postby GazzaOak » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm

thought my stay would be covered for concession parking at RNSH.... but now finding out that i will probs end up paying $33 for 24 hours.... fun yay..

But however I could have chosen worse such as RPA haha.
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
GazzaOak

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:24 am

The Hypocrites that support republic but then accept the Queens Birthday honour lists.
Newcastle Flyer

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 am

Drivers that tailgate Leaner drivers. Seriously if your going to do this sh*t hand in your license now and get yourself off the road. Your not exactly helping the learner drivers confidence besides proving your a moron and a bully on the road.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Bus Suggestions » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 am

West Coast should've, could've, would've been 2nd on the AFL Ladder. Seeing them lose all the time in the SCG....
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Transperth 'Oddballs'

Postby scott » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Seeing someone be a total smart alec when he was nabbed on board the bus, for not having a Myki this morning, however he admitted after they took down his details, that he in fact did have a Myki with plenty of credit (pulls it out and waves it around), just could not be bothered touching on. He just wanted to trick the inspectors (his words).
scott

Postby Cazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Bus Suggestions wrote:West Coast should've, could've, would've been 2nd on the AFL Ladder. Seeing them lose all the time in the SCG....

Cheer cheer!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVrSiGKXwa0
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm

• Being first to line up at around 09:15 for the vintage buses on Monday when a person behind me didn't like me saying "If you're for the vintage buses, please line up after me."

Then after the line got slightly longer, a woman attempted to push in before the others. I just told her (nicely) if you for the vintage buses, then please go to back of the line.

THIS! Again another using the "race card".

• Good grief, going by some of the Home & Away promos are some of the actors really that bad?
They definitely have spoiled that show. I believe Debra Lawrence declined to play Pippa again because the show is not what it's meant to be - and who could blame her if correct.
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Cazza » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:THIS! Again another using the "race card".

Surely, you're delusional. This guy was unarmed and beaten by a group of officers who took complete advantage of his vulnerability the moment he was pulled from the car. Yes, he may have been acting in an unruly manner leading to his arrest. However, it's completely inexcusable the way he was treated.

Calling someone a black c***, dropping racist slurs and making fun of them, particularly on a day that has caused so much grief to all Aboriginals for almost 250 years does not at all require someone to pull a race card out to defend themselves. And nor should they ever have to.

Also, did you even read the article? It says he still "pleaded guilty" to the charges he was faced with, only his jail sentence was dropped. Surely rehab is a better option for someone than rotting away in jail for 10 months, wasting government resources right? So I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to argue.

And can you please do something other than whinge and rant on this thread about anything and everything that may be a slight inconvenience to you and ruin your idea of a "perfect world"? We live in Australia ffs. You should be grateful for that in itself!
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza

Postby Swift » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 am

^ Look for another topic.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 am

Passengers that get on the bus as other passengers are leaving the bus. Drivers shouldn't open the doors till the exiting passenger is at the front of the bus that way it'll prevent people getting in the way. Sadly we don't use Rear doors down here (except for Newcastle Transport)
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:03 am

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Passengers that get on the bus as other passengers are leaving the bus. Drivers shouldn't open the doors till the exiting passenger is at the front of the bus that way it'll prevent people getting in the way. Sadly we don't use Rear doors down here (except for Newcastle Transport)
The operator witch in most parts of the Hunter is CDC Hunter Valley has guidelines that drivers need to follow that includes the use or the rear door witch states where and when it's ok for a driver to use the rear door
Campbelltown busboy

Postby TA3001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

With multi door buses, it's best to activate them as soon as it's stopped and is safe to do so. The driver is permitted to request passengers to refrain from boarding in these circumstances anyhow, so I can't see how this will make a difference.

It's a less peculiar situation than a passenger knocking on the door in the turning lane on a \busy main road eg whilst it's stopped at an intersection. The best protocol here is to let them on. There are a few drivers who prefer to be level with the stop post, and will refrain from activating the doors until they are perfectly aligned, even if it takes 8 or more minutes.

Personally it's not something I'd encourage or prefer to do if I was behind the wheel, but I can sort of sense what persuades them to enact this in the first place.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 pm

With Hunter Valley buses Thornton and Singleton (not sure about Edgeworth, Toronto or Morisett for that matter) I've never seen them use the rear doors on buses. Some of the older "Custom 550" Mercs are fitted with rear doors but never seen them used except for school charters back in the day. Heck Thornton even has some Scania K230UB's with dual rear doors but again I've never seen them used. I wouldn't be complaining if they actually used the rear doors for that matter unless your someone whose getting off the front of the bus and another passenger getting on the bus gets in your way.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Shanty town bogans on the dole! Just stay the **** away from me, bloody parasites!
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:With Hunter Valley buses Thornton and Singleton (not sure about Edgeworth, Toronto or Morisett for that matter) I've never seen them use the rear doors on buses. Some of the older "Custom 550" Mercs are fitted with rear doors but never seen them used except for school charters back in the day. Heck Thornton even has some Scania K230UB's with dual rear doors but again I've never seen them used. I wouldn't be complaining if they actually used the rear doors for that matter unless your someone whose getting off the front of the bus and another passenger getting on the bus gets in your way.
Hillsbus Northmead and Foundry road rarely use the rear door when unloading at stops outside interchange stops like Parramatta and Blacktown not sure if Dural uses rear door buses on any local north west area runs and the Seven Hills depot has 29 one door 2001/2002 Volvo B10BLE Custom CB60s and 4 one door 2007 Scania K94UB Volgren CR221Ls
Campbelltown busboy

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room