• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 pm

School Students who got on at East Maitland Station yesterday and proceeded to stand in the middle doors area of the Endeavour Train we were on, plenty of seats free but their interested in blocking the middle doors for passengers who wish to exit by them. What annoys me even further is there was two Police officers on the train who had clear view of this but they were only interested in policing fare compliance. Would've been nice if the Officers could've taken the extra minute and came and said "excuse me, could you please prohibit from gathering in the entry / exit-way of the train and take a seat" but nope that didn't happen. As soon as the cops are done ticket checking their off the train.

This isn't the first time students have blocked entryways on trains, this has happened numerous times. Yet if we were to as much as put one foot on a train seat the officers would see it a mile away and would make sure we're dealt with.

N.B I know how hard the police jobs are already, not crapping on them but just annoyed that they couldn't get people who were blocking an entry way / exit to sit down.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Swift » Fri May 10, 2019 5:26 pm

^ Policy officers doing the bidding of the establishment.
If aliens dropped by and encountered the Australian school kid as their first sample of humanity, it'd be "nothing to see here, let's check the red planet".
Leyland Morris Marina: what other car can you both mock and admire?
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat May 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Push bike riders on their mobile phones - while riding on the road. Now if that was a car driver. . .

She went pass Waratah station while on her mobile phone. She then stops on the side of the street on a corner/curve in the way of traffuc & gets on her mobile phone.

Again, I told an Asian person or of Asian background to cover their mouth at least 10 times. I then had to SHOUT for her to cover her mouth. She still wouldn't. And yes I said it's "dirty people like you that have give people colds" The manager gave me a "dirty" "look". I was really ready to pour some water over her!

Car drivers parking in bus zones/stops. Two of them today. Let's hope the notes on their windscreens help.

BOTH "leaders" having and trying to introduce quotas.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

I always try to cover my mouth when coughing/whatever, but if we ever cross paths, I'd be willing to make an exception :).

And re the title, depots with DILLIGAF attitudes towards vehicle maintenance. On an L94UA right now that seems to be the second or third one I've noticed to have some issue with its diff that causes it to be unpleasantly loud. How come it's mainly St Agnes and (the alleged depot adjacent to stop 36 Port Rd) that have L94UAs that have had this problem for 5+years?
Last edited by TA3001 on Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby Swift » Sun May 12, 2019 5:24 pm

The pervasive left wing propaganda inserted in news media. They don't report as so much state opinions as fact. Don't get me started on The Project, that blatant latte leftist fest -do as I say, not as I do- set.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sun May 12, 2019 6:21 pm

^^ Why watch it then?
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Swift » Sun May 12, 2019 9:04 pm

So I can sneer at them every time I read between the lines on their insidious left wing agendas.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon May 13, 2019 9:31 am

The fact that there's still websites running around with when it comes to Security questions you have to pick something out of the drop down menu, you can't input your own question. Some of the ones from the drop-down menu are ridiculous but I wouldn't be complaining if I could input my own question to be asked when logging into my account.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue May 14, 2019 5:50 pm

I hate talking politics as much as the next person as well as talking my political views but can ALP please stop spamming my letter box with "propaganda" letters. I know who my local member is, I know there's an election going on and I know what your federal election policies are, in this day and age you don't need to spam my letter box with your leaflets or flyers tho I'd still appreciate hearing back about any updates on matters if I have contacted you previously. This isn't the first you spammed me but I'm getting fed up with it.

Putting up a "No Junkmail" sign would be extremely useless as I've researched politicians are exempt from "no junkmail" or "DNC lists".
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue May 14, 2019 6:46 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Putting up a "No Junkmail" sign would be extremely useless as I've researched politicians are exempt from "no junkmail" or "DNC lists".

Maybe you need to add "including political pamphlets."

https://www.governmentnews.com.au/govt- ... quirements
I thought that would be Labor and the Greenies domain. That is racist.

• The Greens!
• Quotas for certain people.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 pm

You know what I was thinking about that but my concern is that even if I did that they'd still be "exempt" in a way. Just glad they haven't discovered my mobile number yet but that's probably a good thing they haven't.

Well.. just get this election over and done with so I don't have to see anymore political ads when I'm on youtube (and no I don't go watching political media, that's because I've got tailored ads turned off)
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 am

Post number 1766. Condemned sh!theap of a bus, albeit unique but never driven desirably.
TA3001

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 am

Farcebook

There is a group; the Volgren Appreciation Group, that I would drop in for a look every now and then to look at their photos of Volgrens and I really liked what I saw from that group; from the good usual sights to some rare shots, that was back when it was an open group. Easy enough, since I don't want to log on to Farcebook because of their, and Zuckerberg's, blatant disregard for privacy.

But some time ago, the admin of the group had changed it to a closed group meaning that free-droppers like me can't see the posts anymore; only the group name and description. So I, with a completely separate email instead of my personal one, made an attempt to create a quick account just so I can join it, but Farcebook further emphasised their disregard for anyone's personal privacy by enforcing a whole bunch of business such as no fake names such as "Noneya", you must give your phone number, and the kicker? You must take a photo of your OWN face to "confirm your identity".

Stuff that. I've just given up.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby TA3001 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 am

I know of a person who has used a favourite character of his as his username (can't remember the origin), and he hasn't been banned.

I was curious about this full name bullsh!t, but now it sort of makes sense. I registered a while ago without thinking much of it.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 am

I have a another Youtube account that I have to watch my main subscriptions on and this morning it's decided "You know what? How about we go and auto-subscribe you to over 100 channels you didn't ask for? Don't like it? Too bad so sad we won't be reversing this decision, if you want to unsubscribe to these people you have to do it on manually".

So now I have my other account (Not my Transport one, haven't checked but I'd be even more annoyed if that's the case) full of subscriptions I didn't ask for. And what's bad enough is instead of promoting small creators, it's gone ahead and subscribed me the biggest gaming guys you can imagine who I have zilch interest in because I never watch their content.

So youtube, your what's giving me the S&#T's at the moment.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Students doing like a half-asked task the teacher tells them to do.
In Perth, Buses have a really good protection but they’re not doing a good effort in Victoria.
CR221L Power!!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 pm

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:Students doing like a half-asked task the teacher tells them to do.

Note: Im talking about tasks like moving away from the door and things like that.
In Perth, Buses have a really good protection but they’re not doing a good effort in Victoria.
CR221L Power!!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby Fleet Lists » Thu May 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Seriously, they are NOT tasks.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby scott » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 am

Tony Abbott's tactless tribute to Bob Hawke, let's hope he gets kicked out tomorrow.
scott

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Fri May 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Bus drivers that show "Not in Service", but change to a passenger route number on the highway instead of where they should change it, thereby missing the starting point & the main bus stop at Charlestown.

He/She missed about 20 passengers by doing that. Drivers who do that unless they breakdown should be sacked.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Sounds like an oversight. I hope you've reported this, but how did you notice in the first place? I wouldn't be bothered by less folks being a board a bus I've caught intentionally.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat May 18, 2019 8:28 am

Transit Officers / Police only being used on Trains / Public transport as a means of fare compliance. They can't be everywhere but I dislike how once their done checking fares they hop off at the next station. Generally on the Hunter line it's mostly safe during the day but I think I speak for everyone when there's a TO on the train we do feel safer.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat May 18, 2019 10:59 am

TA3001 wrote:Sounds like an oversight.

How could the two main stops for that route be an "oversight"?
If it was an "oversight", he or she would've most likely gone around the block to get back to the starting point.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
How could the two main stops for that route be an "oversight"?
If it was an "oversight", he or she would've most likely gone around the block to get back to the starting point.

This route could have traversed the entire length of Earth to the moon, or even the sun for all I know. It could have even entered a time capsule formed within the Bermuda triangle. All these are possibilities, since I have no idea whatsoever which route it was, which direction, or where it was meant to start, and the prevailing conditions/detours, whether or not the bus dr...... Er you get the point :).
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat May 18, 2019 8:50 pm

^^ • Their were no detours, but getting on to other stuff -

• Channel Ten (or is that TEN in capitals?) he was Peter Falk, NOT Peter Falf!

• Preference voting - means that you vote for either LNP or Labor via the back door.
• Get Up, sorry get up!
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room