Schipol – An Avgeek's Dream

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Schipol – An Avgeek's Dream

Post by Mitch »

So in some downtime in between wandering the streets of Amsterdam, I thought I must go out to Schipol and take some shots. I had to see whether it lived up to it's reputation of being one of the best airports to spot at, and by far did it live up to it's expectations. Here are some shots of the smaller jets that I took today. There shall be more tomorrow when I explore some more.

An airline that's been in the news a lot recently for all the wrong reasons, this Ryanair 737-8AS takes off from Schipol's newest runway headed to it's base in Dublin. Ryanair was the largest airline in the EU and the UK in 2016, with the most passengers carried and the most international passengers carried throughout. Ryanair operates 403 Boeing 737-800 aircraft, and one singular 737-700 for use on charter and pilot training.

This Easyjet A320-214 jets out of Amsterdam bound for London Gatwick.

This Flybe Dash-8 Q400 wizzes out of Schipol on a short hop to Manchester.

The sister of above, this newer liveried Flybe Dash-8 Q400 heads to East Midlands. Flybe operates more flights in the UK than any other domestic airline.

A sight that I'm sure will become more rare over the coming years as Swiss has just retired their fleet of Avro RJ85s, this Cityjet departs for Dublin operating for KLM.

The national airline of the Dutch, this KLM operated Embraer ERJ-190STD with a new nosecone heads out for Stavanger in Norway.

The Airbus A319 is a widely used aircraft in the EU and UK, compared to Australia where there are only two A319's in use within Australia – both of which are registered to Skytraders. This Easyjet A319 departs Amsterdam on a short flight to Liverpool.

The national carrier of the motherland, this British Airways CityFlyer operated Embraer ERJ-190SR heads for London City.

Another of KLM's E-jets takes off bound for Aalborg in Denmark.

I have a thing for retro-liveried aircraft, and this retro KLM 737-8K2 definitely stands out.

Continued it Part 2.

Thanks,
Mitch :lol:
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch

Re: Schipol – An Avgeek's Dream

Post by Mitch »

Part two.

The baby of the KLM fleet, this Fokker 70 jets out for Southampton.

Part of the Airbus fleet for the domestic market, this Airbus A320-232 departs for Heathrow on a short forty-five minute flight.

Another KLM 737-8K2 in the current livery heads to Birmingham.

The flag-carrier of Ireland, however the second-largest airline in Ireland behind Ryanair departs for the Irish capital.

As always: comments, questions and criticism are all welcome.

Thanks,
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Post by system improver »

My first visit to Schiphol airport was in 1971. It was an exciting place then, although it has changed dramatically since. I flew on a KLM Super DC8, having just been overtaken by the 747 as the largest passenger plane in the sky.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

And Schipol is still growing. There was a lot of construction work being performed whilst I was there.

And there’s been an update from KLM: I’ve photographed the last few days of the Fokker fleet as they are being retired for good on the 28th of October.

Cheers,

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”