[JPN] Various JR/Toei Bus

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Composition Dept

[JPN] Various JR/Toei Bus

Post by Composition Dept »

I recently had a holiday in Tokyo for 1 week and enjoyed it immensely. Being a Japan Rail Pass holder I took advantage of the magnificent JR system.

The Yamanote Line platforms at Shimbashi station. This is the nearest station to my hotel.

A JR East E231-500 Yamanote Line train approaching the platform at Shimbashi station. This train would be the clockwise direction train bound for Shinagawa, Shibuya and Shinjuku.

The electronic PID at the waiting area in Tokyo Terminal for the Shinkansen. The fastest Shinkansen service I can take with the Rail Pass is the Hikari.

PID at the platform at Kyoto Station.

This 700 Series Shinkansen at Kyoto Station is bound for Shin-Osaka.

The interior of a N700 Series train bound for Tokyo from where I am sitting. This is ordinary car, which for coach class is very spacious in leg room.

A 6-car E259 series Narita Express (NEX) train.

On my last day I decided to splurge a bit and go on the Green Car. Very nice seats.

In-train displays showing where the NEX is going.

My hotel also has a Toei Bus connection to Tokyo Station. This is the interior of a typical Tokyo bus. I've noticed Tokyo Metro has a lot of accessible buses, something I heard was uncommon only a few years ago.
Composition Dept

Re: [JPN] Various JR/Toei Bus

Post by Composition Dept »

Last 2 things.

This is my Suica card, JR East's equivalent to the Go Card/Myki/Opal card. Since my Rail Pass was only for 7 days, I had 1 day extra. I love the fact I can use the Suica card not only for public transport but to buy things as well - especially the ubiquitous vending machines. What better way to tell Tokyoites that you are a gai-jin (foreigner) is by putting your Suica card in a TransLink ticket holder.

Video montage of my ride on the Shinkansen.
Last edited by Composition Dept on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedford-29

Re: [JPN] Various JR/Toei Bus

Post by Bedford-29 »

From youtube films I seen about Toei bus I see quite a number of Toei bus routes a bus run can go for hour or more at least its one way of seeing Tokyo and suburbs and prefectures for the price of a bus fare.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”